United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 31-03-2007, 07:21 PM
chorleyred

I'd rather we won it than letting the media spin it that chelsea gave it us. We are looking good and let's win every game left and not worry about those @#%&!s

Unread 31-03-2007, 07:31 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky6899
We've smashed Bolton and Blackburn in our last 2 games and there they were making hard work of beating the worst team in the league.

Well, they've got spurs at home next weekend, and hopefully the yids will smell revenge.
No chance.

The only game Chelsea might drop points in during the run-in is when we go to the Bridge...& with our recent record down there I wouldn't fancy us too strongly.

We played like champions today..we looked like champions...it felt like we had won it, but we have to keep reminding ourselves that it's the first of April tomorrow, not the first of May.
There's 21pts to play for.

Chelsea are a detestable bunch of utter, utter @#%&!s...but they will push us to the wire.
It's NOT OVER YET

Unread 31-03-2007, 07:42 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
I mean in the last 20 minutes. They didn't send anyone forward when they had possession, tho they did nearly nick one from a corner in the 88th.

I really don't care about this result. Chelsea need us to lose two games and draw another one, while they win 7 more in a row. Simply not going to happen.
Mate if they had dropped points today it was virtually over. Would have been a blow to their confidence as well, might just have concentrated on the Cups.

This is nowhere near over yet, we have tricky away games to come, and some dropped points by them would take the pressure off us.

Unread 31-03-2007, 07:45 PM
Sparky***

Saturday, 07 April 2007
Barclays Premiership
Chelsea v Tottenham, 12:45

Wednesday, 18 April 2007
Barclays Premiership
West Ham v Chelsea, 20:00

Sunday, 22 April 2007
Barclays Premiership
Newcastle v Chelsea, 13:30

Saturday, 28 April 2007
Barclays Premiership
Chelsea v Bolton, 12:45

Sunday, 06 May 2007
Barclays Premiership
Arsenal v Chelsea, 16:00

Wednesday, 09 May 2007
Barclays Premiership
Chelsea v Man Utd, 20:00

Sunday, 13 May 2007
Barclays Premiership
Chelsea v Everton, 15:00

On Chelsea's current form I'd back West Ham, Bolton and Arsenal to give them a game.

Unread 31-03-2007, 07:45 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Mate if they had dropped points today it was virtually over.
Yeah, but they're going to drop points. They're not in good enough form to win 13 or so league games on the run, in between all the other fixtures.

Unread 31-03-2007, 07:56 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Yeah, but they're going to drop points. They're not in good enough form to win 13 or so league games on the run, in between all the other fixtures.
3 tricky away games, they have been poor at City, Portsmouth and Watford but have taken all the points. I am a pessimistic Bastard though, with 2 mins to go in the Chelsea game i had almost managed to convince myself it was nearly over, and then that idiot Watford player tried to take on Shevchenko and lost the ball in the center of the field

Luck bound to run out you think, but they may actually find their form, for the first time this season

Unread 31-03-2007, 07:58 PM
Dueling Banjos

Quote:
Originally Posted by chorleyred
I'd rather we won it than letting the media spin it that chelsea gave it us. We are looking good and let's win every game left and not worry about those @#%&!s
Amen to that brother,amen.

Unread 31-03-2007, 08:00 PM
LoonofMufc

I saw them celebrating yeat another treble at the end!!!!

Oh no just a jammy 3 points against Watford and John Terry a defender was their man of the match!!!!! Says it all!!!!

Unread 31-03-2007, 08:09 PM
MJ Ramone

I agree with the theory that "the first team to blink" - ie, drop points will struggle to win it.
If Chelsea had drawn today & given us those extra 2pts to play with I'd really have fancied us to go on & win it.

We're still favourites & we're playing great football...but there's something very unsettling about Chelsea's relentless point stealing.
Closed Thread