United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-12-2008, 04:15 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
Just a point about the away games. Liverpool have also got all their hard aways out the way except for the fixture at OT. And they won at Everton and Chelsea
Yep. Said the same thing yesterday.

They've got just as many tough away's out the way as we have.
Also, it's no good us assuming we're only a point behind. We have to win our games in hand first, & on current form that's hardly nailed on.

They are a real threat this year let's not kid ourselves.

Unread 29-12-2008, 04:18 PM
poppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Yep. Said the same thing yesterday.

They've got just as many tough away's out the way as we have.
Also, it's no good us assuming we're only a point behind. We have to win our games in hand first, & on current form that's hardly nailed on.

They are a real threat this year let's not kid ourselves.
Can't see them finishing within 7 points of us or Chelsea.

Unread 29-12-2008, 04:20 PM
magic_cantona

Mickey Quinn
Stan Collymore
Sammy Lee

All on t'radio making out that the title is already sewn up.Not to mention most of the verm support.£#%&!ing idiots.

Unread 29-12-2008, 06:49 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy
Can't see them finishing within 7 points of us or Chelsea.
Why?

Don't get me wrong. The thought of them winning it is giving me sleepless nights...& they are a very ordinary set of players (Only Gerrard & Torres would get anywhere near our squad)

BUT, they keep £#%&!ing winning...they keep playing teams at just the right time..keep grabbing late goals.
With Chelsea looking extremely ordinary this season & ourselves having so much ground to make up I can't write the dippers off

Unread 29-12-2008, 07:11 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Why?

Don't get me wrong. The thought of them winning it is giving me sleepless nights...& they are a very ordinary set of players (Only Gerrard & Torres would get anywhere near our squad)

BUT, they keep £#%&!ing winning...they keep playing teams at just the right time..keep grabbing late goals.
With Chelsea looking extremely ordinary this season & ourselves having so much ground to make up I can't write the dippers off
I go by what I see every week. I don't, like some people, simply assume that they'll implode because they have done god knows how many times in the past.

They've gotten a few really BIG results this season which has given them something invaluable. Belief. Our abysmal performance against them at Anfield has been the catalyst of the their season. Again, the win over Chelsea, being the first team to beat them there in a million years, has also convinced them that this IS their year more than ever.

I look at Liverpool and I see an efficient system executed to the letter every single week. It isn't pretty, but when it works - it works. There is no plan B. All without arguable their best player. If the scouse media want to £#%&! themselves into a frenzy then fine, let them do it. All I'm saying is that they aren't suddenly going to start losing games and dropping silly points every weekend.

There's no doubt that they are nowhere near as good as us or chelsea, man for man - but that doesn't matter when we've forgotten how to play our best football.

Unread 29-12-2008, 07:15 PM
MUFC One Love

We have 3 games in hand to them, all at home, in games we really should win.

If we win them, we're 1 point behind them, 1 point ffs, considering how bad we've been 1 point is £#%&! all. Of course the games in hand have to be won, starting tonight, and we have other games before the other games in hand, but the title race changes so quickly. And I'm talking as if we're quite far behind them, we're not, we're very close with our games in hand. We've also got the rest of the 'top 4' at home, you'd fancy United to get the results at home they need. And also a lot of the tough away games such as Spurs/Everton etc are out of the way. Alhough now we can't keep saying after every away game we don't perform well in 'that's another tough away game out the way'. We need to step it up now and go on a run. The title can completely change in March/April, it's December. Wasn't it this time last year Arsenal comfortably beat Pompey away, I remember Tyler saying something like 'Arsenal are the team to watch in 08' as if they was gonna be the ones everyone would be chasing. Well, that turned out well for them, didn't it?

Things change in the title race, and I don't believe Liverpool are good enough to stay ahead of us and Chelsea. You also have to remember this is new ground for their team, they haven't been in the title race properly for years. Already people are getting giddy, ffs, they're not even that far ahead of anyone and they've dropped points in 'easy' home games, they could be miles ahead of us and Chelsea.

Unread 29-12-2008, 07:19 PM
Tumescent Throb

nice to finally have a bit of competition from the scouse @#%&!s tbh

are they good enough to deny us 3-in-a-row? are they £#%&!

but they'll be there if we don't do our job properly by the looks of it

which makes it a good £#%&!ing job that United are about to get right back in the groove

it's not been a vintage season for any of the top clubs across europe so far from where i'm standing, but United are about to light the fuse on it

let's hope it starts tonight

Unread 29-12-2008, 08:36 PM
Kent Brockman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
nice to finally have a bit of competition from the scouse @#%&!s tbh

are they good enough to deny us 3-in-a-row? are they £#%&!

but they'll be there if we don't do our job properly by the looks of it

which makes it a good £#%&!ing job that United are about to get right back in the groove

it's not been a vintage season for any of the top clubs across europe so far from where i'm standing, but United are about to light the fuse on it

let's hope it starts tonight
That just about sums it up for me...

Unread 29-12-2008, 08:38 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent Brockman
That just about sums it up for me...
Me too.

I'd be tons more £#%&!ing comfortable if I thought we'd actually win our games in hand.

Unread 29-12-2008, 08:39 PM
Tronics

liverpool are doing a good job of turning all those draws they had last season into wins.

but where i think they'll stumble towards the latter stages of the season.

dont think they have it within them to keep it steady till then.

but i still think Chelski are our biggest threat.

they're just like a machine, they just keep on going.

Unread 29-12-2008, 08:42 PM
Horst_ Bucholst

i can see us the vermin and chelsea more or less mirroring each other results untill the end of the season now it will be that close
i feel ill

Unread 30-12-2008, 07:39 AM
The taste of...

The bastards look eerily like another Blackburn to me - ordinary all over with one decent striker.....but keep getting a result. Make no mistake they do not want to be known as the team who let us draw level on titles with them. These @#%&!s are driven...... they are pushing on as if they were pushing walls over.

We need to pick our form up sooner than we did in 95 because Fergie paralysed Blackburn with his Devon Loch comments but we run out of time to finish the job. He will no doubt be ready to mess with the vermins heads when the time is right. We need to be there to take advantage fully this time.
Closed Thread