United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-12-2008, 06:44 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcred
I noticed that not only do we have two games in hand on the rest, we have also played three fewer games at home than the two teams above us.
it's 3 games in hand now.

Unread 28-12-2008, 09:07 PM
redman

If that @#%&! gerrard lifts our trophy I will get sick, they are on a roll at the moment but that can change and hopefully sooner rather than later.

Unread 28-12-2008, 09:21 PM
SilverSurfer

In the last set of fixtures in the calendar year 2007, Arsenal produced a far more impressive 4-1 demolition of Everton, away.

Long way to go yet.

Unread 28-12-2008, 10:59 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer
In the last set of fixtures in the calendar year 2007, Arsenal produced a far more impressive 4-1 demolition of Everton, away.

Long way to go yet.
I was £#%&!ing spewing, day we lost to West ham wasnt it?

AND Feb 10th City beat us at OT to stick us 5 points behind Arsenal who won the following night. So a good 40 days on from now we were 5 points behind a better side.

Unread 28-12-2008, 11:44 PM
borsuk

liverpool have played well above themselves so far and had a lot of luck at times, while we have played well below what we are capable of, messed about missing chance after chance and had a lot work against us (two trips away for mickey mouse tournaments, idiotic suspensions, injuries to key players). even so, we're a point behind if we win the games in hand, with all the tough aways out of the way.

the only thing they've done which has impressed me is coped without torres. i think real will do them in the champions league and both us and chelsea will finish above them in the premiership.

Unread 28-12-2008, 11:55 PM
Alan

Is this the steam with which they drew 0-0 with west ham, fulham and hull at home?

It's not about what they do - it's about what United do.

Unread 28-12-2008, 11:58 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
Is this the steam with which they drew 0-0 with west ham, fulham and hull at home?

It's not about what they do - it's about what United do.
and Stoke.

agree - Id like to go on record and (perhaps arrogantly) state Im still not taking there challenge serious.

Unread 28-12-2008, 11:59 PM
denis lawless

Thumbs down

if the truth were known.....i want the @#%&!s relegated

Unread 29-12-2008, 12:02 AM
Wafty Crank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
I was £#%&!ing spewing, day we lost to West ham wasnt it?

AND Feb 10th City beat us at OT to stick us 5 points behind Arsenal who won the following night. So a good 40 days on from now we were 5 points behind a better side.
2003 we were 8 points behind Arsenal in the second week of March, and won the league by 8 points.

Doesn't stop me being a doomlord and being 99% certain that we'll finish second at best.

Unread 29-12-2008, 12:12 AM
armchair

they'll finish 2nd

Unread 29-12-2008, 03:06 AM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
liverpool have played well above themselves so far and had a lot of luck at times, while we have played well below what we are capable of, messed about missing chance after chance and had a lot work against us (two trips away for mickey mouse tournaments, idiotic suspensions, injuries to key players). even so, we're a point behind if we win the games in hand, with all the tough aways out of the way.

the only thing they've done which has impressed me is coped without torres. i think real will do them in the champions league and both us and chelsea will finish above them in the premiership.
Just a point about the away games. Liverpool have also got all their hard aways out the way except for the fixture at OT. And they won at Everton and Chelsea.

Still think they'll be off the pace by the end of the season though.

Unread 29-12-2008, 06:18 AM
Gruber

I wonder if this thread would exist if we had of £#%&!ing well turned up at Anfield this season. :shakehead:

Unread 29-12-2008, 06:53 AM
KikTheDog

Its weird how their average players are all doing well.
Dirk £#%&!ing shyte. Whatthe £#%&! is he?
I think they are just ultra confident at the moment, where as we have £#%&! all confidence right now.

What they had yesterday is excactly what we need. We need to start tearing teams apart. We havent had the eye of the tiger this year
The lads need a few slaps to get into 4th and 5th gears.

This season has been doing my head in to be honest. We have got everything we need and the rest arent great.

I hope we give Borough a pasting today. We should. I would if I was on.

Unread 29-12-2008, 08:01 AM
Gruber

Quote:
Originally Posted by KikTheDog
Its weird how their average players are all doing well.
Dirk £#%&!ing shyte. Whatthe £#%&! is he?
I think they are just ultra confident at the moment, where as we have £#%&! all confidence right now.
When I look at their defence I can't help but wonder why teams don't have the confidence to have a go at them. If I was an attacking footballer I would love to be up against someone as shit as Hyppia every week.

Unread 29-12-2008, 09:53 AM
Fountz

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
lets have the @#%&!s out of the title race by the end of january
Concur totally.

I find this #@&%!y notion of wanting them to go far so that when they do fail their hurt is all the more absolutely ludicrous. It's like dodging trains, sooner all later they'll go all the way, and it's gonna be very messy.. like it was in 2005. Did we not learn anything from that ?

I can only assume that the bravado on here is shown by young'uns who have no memory of just how horrendous it is when the scouse are top dogs. It'll be all tye worse, because this title is a real biggie. We either draw level or they pull out two in front.

What's more, even if we only just pip them, close run things result in more resolve and more investment, therefore it could be even harder next year.

Also, looking at their fixtures doesn't fill me with ease either.

I keep hearing how they'll be found out and keep reading posts where the assumption is that we'll automatically win our games. I'm not 100% convinced by our dig-in qualities, however I am confident about our ability to lead from the front.

No £#%&!ing about with the line-ups please, strongest team for all league games, this is even more important than the European Cup.

Unread 29-12-2008, 10:25 AM
wiganste

We have to keep remembering that the title is still in our hands. If we win our games in hand (and we ought to) we'll be a point behind the vermin and we have to play them at home.

We just need to sort our shite away form out. That's the worrying aspect of our game atm.

As for the skaus falling away. They'll be there right until the end. We just have to make sure they'll be crying when the big prizes get dished out.

And £#%&! off Caz

Unread 29-12-2008, 10:30 AM
Withers

This is all Ginner's fault.

Unread 29-12-2008, 12:39 PM
gigo

The @#%&!s will be there or there abouts come next May,time for us to get our arses into gear and get very serious.

COME ON UNITED !

Unread 29-12-2008, 12:46 PM
Lok

When do we play our games in hand? Hopefully it's sooner rather than later. I'm fed up with the @#%&!s saying points on the board is more important. I'd rather we had played the same and know what we have to do.

Unread 29-12-2008, 01:19 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by scousebasher
When do we play our games in hand? Hopefully it's sooner rather than later. I'm fed up with the @#%&!s saying points on the board is more important. I'd rather we had played the same and know what we have to do.
Tonight - Boro
Jan 14th - Wigan
Feb 17th - Fulham

all at home
Closed Thread