United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-02-2008, 06:11 PM
Horst_ Bucholst

Default is rooney our most valuable player?

when he doesn't play we struggle he was badly missed again today big worry if he ever gets a long term injury

Unread 10-02-2008, 06:13 PM
marlo stansfield

id say the player who has score more league goals then him and the 2nd top scorer combined is tbh.

lets not be deluded and look at a silly statistic.

ronaldo is out there a our best player.

Unread 10-02-2008, 06:14 PM
Camel

rooney misses 5 games, we lose them. but bear in mind ronaldo was also missing for three of those. look at the bigger picture.

Unread 10-02-2008, 06:15 PM
chorleyred

ronny and rooney play well together

neither plays as well when the other is missing.

be thankful we have them both

Unread 10-02-2008, 06:21 PM
Horst_ Bucholst

just think rooneys all round play is missed more than any other player it does worry me when he's not available

Unread 10-02-2008, 06:24 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
Not for me.

How many times today did he read the game properly??...How many times did he get wide & take the fullback on?...once that I can remember & but for a bad bobble it may well have created a goal.
He doesn't think about the game hard enough...he should have been stretching the play all afternoon.
He's a right winger FFS, I don't care what anyone else says about that.

We were too congested through the middle.

As much as I love the lad I do sense that at times he's thinking about his goal return rather than the game at hand & what the best way of breaking down the opposition is.

Rooney has the best 'Football Brain' of our current squad & for me that makes him our most important player.
+ he has incredible desire, workrate & commitment...+ incredible natural ability.

Unread 10-02-2008, 06:30 PM
magic_cantona

Rooney is our best player.

Unread 10-02-2008, 06:36 PM
Ether

IMO you can't measure Rooney's contribution to the team with just statistics. He clearly adds something special to the team, and without him we don't look the same side.

Unread 10-02-2008, 06:41 PM
Whalefish

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
IMO you can't measure Rooney's contribution to the team with just statistics. He clearly adds something special to the team, and without him we don't look the same side.
What you and MJ just said.

Unread 10-02-2008, 06:51 PM
legendary saf

Quote:
id say the player who has score more league goals then him and the 2nd top scorer combined is tbh.

lets not be deluded and look at a silly statistic.

Agreed.

Would probably be scrambling mid table if it wasn't for his goals, fighting for UEFA Cup at best.

Rooney has the talent but is too unreliable(injuries, inconsistency).

Unread 10-02-2008, 06:56 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendary saf
Agreed.

Would probably be scrambling mid table if it wasn't for his goals, fighting for UEFA Cup at best.

Rooney has the talent but is too unreliable(injuries, inconsistency).
i hate the fact that i agree with you.

rooney one of my fav players but ronaldo for me is our best player by miles.

rooney didnt need to get booked and banned for today and some of his 5 bookings were for dissent which is a sign of immaturity.

happy he is back for the arsenal game as i cant see us winning the game without him.

we do look a different time without rooney though and id imagine the same without ronaldo.

Unread 10-02-2008, 06:58 PM
khmk

he's decent on C.M. motwyw

evra was a big loss too and carrick should have started imo.

Unread 10-02-2008, 06:58 PM
Jack Duckworth

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Not for me.

How many times today did he read the game properly??...How many times did he get wide & take the fullback on?...once that I can remember & but for a bad bobble it may well have created a goal.
He doesn't think about the game hard enough...he should have been stretching the play all afternoon.

As much as I love the lad I do sense that at times he's thinking about his goal return rather than the game at hand & what the best way of breaking down the opposition is.

Rooney has the best 'Football Brain' of our current squad & for me that makes him our most important player.
+ he has incredible desire, workrate & commitment...+ incredible natural ability.
Quote:
i love you both.

Unread 10-02-2008, 07:00 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Not for me.

Quote:
yessir

Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendary saf
Where has anybody said otherwise? Praising Rooney does not mean people are slagging off Ronaldo you silly little boy.

khmk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
i love you both.
its like that is it?

marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Sullivan
yessir

Unread 10-02-2008, 07:02 PM
Mr_Ed

Statistically we Rooney plays we average 2.56 goals per match but when he doesn't we average 0.89 goals per match according to OPTA.

MOTWYW

Unread 10-02-2008, 07:19 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:

happy he is back for the arsenal game as i cant see us winning the game without him.

play anything like that, and we'll get our arses handed to us on a plate.

Unread 10-02-2008, 07:47 PM
El Calafate

Ronaldo is technically superior, but Rooney is more influential. nft.
Closed Thread