Speak for yourself pal.
I prefer the term shaved thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
switchers accepting a 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Why is it?

Why is a hard to accept that a player, who is a regular starter, would rather stay at Barcelona, play in a warmer climate, play in a far better team and play in the Champions League every week, doesn't fancy coming to Manchester, playing for a club in decline every Thursday and Sunday in the Europa League and for which has become a poisoned chalice for both managers and players.

Yup, makes no sense at all...

Exactly. We're a second tier team at the moment; players don't give a £#%&! about history, they care about playing time, what competitions they're playing in, likelihood of trophies, possibly climate, and money.

The only thing we really have to offer out of that lot over the likes of barca, madrid et al is money. But i'm not even sure we've got much of that to give these days.

Basically we're relying on ETH selling his ideas to the player and given how we're struggling to get players who actually played for him previously....

Good times.

Unread 23-06-2022, 11:33 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Why is it?

Why is a hard to accept that a player, who is a regular starter, would rather stay at Barcelona, play in a warmer climate, play in a far better team and play in the Champions League every week, doesn't fancy coming to Manchester, playing for a club in decline every Thursday and Sunday in the Europa League and for which has become a poisoned chalice for both managers and players.

Combine this my the incompetence from the board and recruitment too. The only time a player would run at joining United is if they were a proper fan of the club and 99% that isn’t the case .

The history of the club will never be tarnished and can never be. But 2022 Man Utd’s reputation is dogshit. Players throwing the managers under the bus, owners not giving a shit about the football, having a shite recruitment team. Not being in the champions league.

It’s going to take a while to get competing again, doesn’t help when 70/80% of of struggle is self imposed and has no reason or push to change as the owners still make their millions doing £#%&! all . As far as they’re concerned their business model is working perfectly

Unread 23-06-2022, 11:36 AM
Danoli

Quote:
Why is it?

Because he is not wanted there anymore and they have lined up Bernardo Silva as his replacement

Unread 23-06-2022, 11:57 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Why is it?

Because ten hag has decided to pursue a deal and make it his priority.

I didn’t say he’d prefer to play for United rather than Barca. It’s very likely the case that he’d rather play for Barca. That isn’t the same as not wanting to play for United. He hasn’t been happy with being played the way Barca have played him and he knows Barca want him out, and probably realised that was on the cards 12 months ago.

Think it’s fair to say he wouldn’t give united a moment’s thought if ten hag wasn’t manager, for the reasons stated elsewhere. But I think it’s highly likely ten hag’s united is the club he wants to play for in the event he leaves Barca. Otherwise other clubs would be publicly in for him. If you think ten hag is pursuing the deal whilst knowing de Jong doesn’t want to join, then I guess there’s nothing else to say.

Unread 23-06-2022, 11:58 AM
AK14

Luckhurst saying Barca have lowered their price and now want a guaranteed £65m.

Just get it done or walk away ffs.

With out a doubt the most boring transfer in the history of football.

Unread 23-06-2022, 12:02 PM
Bunker Buster

65m + add one, done deal...

welkom to Manchester....

Unread 23-06-2022, 12:07 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

welkom to Manchester....
Sticking point has probably always been united wanting to do something ridiculous like only pay 5m now and the rest over 5 years. Such is the joy of having glazers and their debt.

Unread 23-06-2022, 12:08 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14

53 posts in the thread

Unread 23-06-2022, 12:10 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
53 posts in the thread

Unread 23-06-2022, 12:13 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
53 posts in the thread

The twin in Dasilvatwins....

Unread 23-06-2022, 12:16 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
I prefer the term shaved thanks

Exactly. We're a second tier team at the moment; players don't give a £#%&! about history, they care about playing time, what competitions they're playing in, likelihood of trophies, possibly climate, and money.

The only thing we really have to offer out of that lot over the likes of barca, madrid et al is money. But i'm not even sure we've got much of that to give these days.

Basically we're relying on ETH selling his ideas to the player and given how we're struggling to get players who actually played for him previously....

Good times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Combine this my the incompetence from the board and recruitment too. The only time a player would run at joining United is if they were a proper fan of the club and 99% that isn’t the case .

The history of the club will never be tarnished and can never be. But 2022 Man Utd’s reputation is dogshit. Players throwing the managers under the bus, owners not giving a shit about the football, having a shite recruitment team. Not being in the champions league.

It’s going to take a while to get competing again, doesn’t help when 70/80% of of struggle is self imposed and has no reason or push to change as the owners still make their millions doing £#%&! all . As far as they’re concerned their business model is working perfectly
Jesus guys. United are one of the three biggest clubs on the planet.

You're making out like we've turned into Sunderland ffs. You OOT lads might need to get a new team?

Unread 23-06-2022, 12:17 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14

Nothing will beat the Sancho 'saga'.

zzzzzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch

You're making out like we've turned into Sunderland ffs. You OOT lads might need to get a new team?
And yet no one wants to come and play for us?

Unread 23-06-2022, 12:19 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Nothing will beat the Sancho 'saga'.

zzzzzz

And yet no one wants to come and play for us?

Maybe don't believe everything you read waffles? It might not be true.

Unread 23-06-2022, 12:23 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

welkom to Manchester....
Parked up ? Pics ?

Unread 23-06-2022, 12:24 PM
armchair

I miss the days when there was no need to convince players of the "project."

Unread 23-06-2022, 12:44 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Parked up ? Pics ?
He's on holiday....

Unread 23-06-2022, 12:45 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch

I mean I think you're taking the piss, but what barometer are you using to have us in the top 3 clubs?

Support, sure. But I don't think players give much of a £#%&! about that. Look at the players that city sign to play in that soulless bowl.

Value? Maybe, but it is almost utterly irrelvant when the glazers are taking huge chunks out of it and we're riddled with debt.

P.s. you're the OOT'er you cheeky @#%&!

Unread 23-06-2022, 12:47 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
I miss the days when there was no need to convince players of the "project."
we all do. we all do.

Unread 23-06-2022, 12:49 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
we all do. we all do.
very good.

Unread 23-06-2022, 01:11 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
53 posts in the thread
Wonder how many 'Announce Frenkie' tweets he's made too.
Closed Thread