United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive
Reply
 
Unread 02-05-2022, 09:54 PM
Dr Stranger
 
Thumbs up

Weíve been excellent since we moved to Discord.
 
Unread 02-05-2022, 09:56 PM
Dasilvatwins
 
Default

Is this Fredís last match day?
 
Unread 02-05-2022, 09:56 PM
Joe Biden
 
Default

If that's Ronaldo's last game at OT then a fitting end to the greatest player to ever wear the shirt. To wear any shirt. Sublime.
 
Unread 02-05-2022, 09:58 PM
Ronny
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Biden
If that's Ronaldo's last game at OT then a fitting end to the greatest player to ever wear the shirt. To wear any shirt. Sublime.
Even a stopped clock is correct twice a day.
yhgr
 
Unread 02-05-2022, 09:59 PM
Bunker Buster
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Biden
If that's Ronaldo's last game at OT then a fitting end to the greatest player to ever wear the shirt. To wear any shirt. Sublime.
He's here next season, did the "staying here" fingers after the pen....
 
Unread 02-05-2022, 10:00 PM
AK14
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
He's here next season, did the "staying here" fingers after the pen....
Definitely staying

 
Unread 02-05-2022, 10:01 PM
Blomq15
 
Default

Needs to go.
 
Unread 02-05-2022, 10:02 PM
ZiggyStardust
 
Default

Surprisingly good performance
Once again it was the old guard of Ronaldo, Mata and Matic that were by the far our best players

Left a sour taste in my mouth that none of the young lads got the last 20 minutes
Disappointed in Ralf there

Anyway at the least the home campaign is over so no more disgraceful OT performances as thereís been enough already this season
 
Unread 02-05-2022, 10:07 PM
windy waffles
 
Default

McTommers, Fred and Varan were gonna go down the tunnel before being told to get back...
 
Unread 02-05-2022, 10:08 PM
puressence
 
Default

Enjoyed that wonder what score bilbo baggins will say Brentford should have won
 
Unread 02-05-2022, 10:13 PM
silv
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Surprisingly good performance
Once again it was the old guard of Ronaldo, Mata and Matic that were by the far our best players

Left a sour taste in my mouth that none of the young lads got the last 20 minutes
Disappointed in Ralf there

Anyway at the least the home campaign is over so no more disgraceful OT performances as thereís been enough already this season
Just be grateful itís the last we see of them
 
Unread 02-05-2022, 10:14 PM
goonlooca
 
Default

Bruno's goal
Ronnie's pen
Varane's goal
 
Unread 02-05-2022, 10:37 PM
RARAMSES
 
Default

jamie carragher talking utter shit
 
Unread 02-05-2022, 10:43 PM
dunk
 
Default

Keano
 
Unread 02-05-2022, 11:19 PM
Gypsum Fantastic
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Keano
Whatís he said/saying?
 
Unread 02-05-2022, 11:34 PM
Weekend Hussler
 
Default

Convinced if Mata had played more, we would have more points in the bag.

Just a lovely footballer.
 
Unread 02-05-2022, 11:34 PM
dunk
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
Whatís he said/saying?
He did a best ever United team thing and was talking about fights with Schmeichel, Pallister and that VdS wouldíve got it had he stayed at the club a few more weeks. A fair few jabs at Neville too

Schmeichel
Neville
Irwin
Pallister
Stam
Ince
Robson
Beckham
Giggs
Ronaldo
Rooney

In case you were wondering. It was a decent watch tbf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekend Hussler
Convinced if Mata had played more, we would have more points in the bag.

Just a lovely footballer.
Moving Bruno into the attack and having a player that can actually pass the ball in midfield, and is prepared to play the more adventurous pass, seems such a simple idea.
 
Unread 02-05-2022, 11:40 PM
Bunker Buster
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

having a player that can actually pass the ball in midfield, and is prepared to play the more adventurous pass, seems such a simple idea.
 
Unread 03-05-2022, 09:40 AM
Buck
 
Default

Mata was wasted out on the wing for most of his time here. Why so many managers chose not to give him a run through the middle which allows him to have more space and opens up the pitch more is something that doesn't make sense to me. The only reason I can think of is they believed he was not good enough to be building a team around. Chelsea won a Champions League with him in the No 10 spot though. I think it was still worth a try at some point. Especially given how many high profile forwards were signed after him and flopped but he still contributed to the team.

He has excellent technique, his first touch is world class, he can pick a pass still, when he was younger he scored a lot of goals. He still had a fine career for United despite not being utilised properly and judging on last night he should have been used more this season.
 
Unread 03-05-2022, 09:45 AM
Whip Hubley
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Mata was wasted out on the wing for most of his time here. Why so many managers chose not to give him a run through the middle which allows him to have more space and opens up the pitch more is something that doesn't make sense to me. The only reason I can think of is they believed he was not good enough to be building a team around. Chelsea won a Champions League with him in the No 10 spot though. I think it was still worth a try at some point. Especially given how many high profile forwards were signed after him and flopped but he still contributed to the team.

He has excellent technique, his first touch is world class, he can pick a pass still, when he was younger he scored a lot of goals. He still had a fine career for United despite not being utilised properly and judging on last night he should have been used more this season.

Because managers have always had what they thought were 'better' players in his position.

Moyes and LVG had Wazza
Jose/Ole Pogba
Ole/Ragnick Bruno


All occupy that role.

Another reason why Pogba was an awful signing.
Reply
Thread Tools
Similar Threads for: Manchester United V Brentford. 8pm Sky Sports : Official Match Thread ..
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Brentford v Manchester United : Official Match Thread : 19/1/2022 8pm 92ToBury Football 412 20-01-2022 05:01 PM
Man Utd v Man City Official Match Thread. 8pm Sky Sports puressence Manchester United Match Thread Archive 553 25-04-2019 06:46 PM
Official Match Thread .. Arsenal V Man Utd 4pm Sky Sports 1 puressence Manchester United Match Thread Archive 702 09-05-2017 04:58 PM
Official Match Thread ... Man Utd V Liverpool. Sky sports 4 pm puressence Manchester United Match Thread Archive 892 17-01-2017 07:18 PM
Official Match Thread ..Man Utd V Hull 8pm Sky Sports puressence Manchester United Match Thread Archive 367 11-01-2017 10:06 PM
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:35 AM.

Copyright ©2006 - 2022 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.