United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-06-2022, 11:52 AM
20LEgend1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Just annoying how it’s dragged out
He's moving on a free transfer and has a contract until the 30th of June. He can't be a United player before the 1st of July anyway.

Unread 26-06-2022, 11:59 AM
silv

Quote:
Even if he did sign, he would be playing for that number 10 spot no? Bruno and VDB already competing. Great if he does sign, not fussed if he doesn’t. Just annoying how it’s dragged out .

We need to sort out the first team positions first.

RB, CB, CM (possibly 2) and CF
Considering how the window is going and the ineptitude of the Board safe to say only three of those positions will be filled (if lucky)

Eriksen would be a great luxury signing to have as I doubt he would start every game anyway .
Veron from Lazio was a luxury signing.

Unread 26-06-2022, 12:34 PM
Dr Stranger

Unread 26-06-2022, 12:35 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999
He's moving on a free transfer and has a contract until the 30th of June. He can't be a United player before the 1st of July anyway.
Don’t think this is true. Domestically I’m sure they can offer him a contract once he enters the final month of his current contract with Brentford.

They might not be able to register him as a Manchester United player till July 1st. But an announced can be made that he signs a deal with Man Utd from July 1st. Which is as good as

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
End of the day if he has to take convincing then they should move on. Otherwise the club has learned nothing from signing players who don’t really want to be here and we end up moving in circles

Unread 26-06-2022, 12:39 PM
20LEgend1999

Quote:
Don’t think this is true. Domestically I’m sure they can offer him a contract once he enters the final month of his current contract with Brentford.
United have done that, but he still wouldn't be a United player until his previous contract expires. Not sure it's fair to say a transfer which can only happen on July 1st 2022 has been "dragged out" by June 26th.

The only thing that's dragged out is the bullshitters in the media pretending to have information on his decision IMO. And that's not something the club or the player can control.

Unread 26-06-2022, 12:43 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999
United have done that, but he still wouldn't be a United player until his previous contract expires. Not sure it's fair to say a transfer which can only happen on July 1st 2022 has been "dragged out" by June 26th.
No he wouldn’t , but say they agree a deal , they can announce today that from July 1st he will be a man utd player. Move onto the next target.

A lot of this will he? Won’t he? Just kills any excitement for a player signing . I understand it’s the the glazers best interest to keep it going for likes etc in media. But it gets tedious when it happens with every single transfer they have.

I suppose you could argue it’s bullshit from the journalists, but with the amount of noise being made it seems eriksen is a real target and if he’s been thinking of whether he should join United over Brentford or spurs . Then he shouldn’t be at the club.

I understand family comes first and won’t begrudge him for staying in a settled place but then that choice should be made pretty straightforward. He knew his contract was going to expire in the summer, you’d like to think he has been thinking about where he could potentially go for several months now.

You also like to think Man Utd would have been in contact with him for a couple of months with his agent and didn’t wait till June 1st to pick up the phone to speak to him

Unread 27-06-2022, 04:14 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
End of the day if he has to take convincing then they should move on. Otherwise the club has learned nothing from signing players who don’t really want to be here and we end up moving in circles
Not sure being convinced to join United over Brentford is the issue. Clearly a decision that’s not based on football or finance.

Unread 27-06-2022, 04:17 PM
Ethers

Quote:
No he wouldn’t , but say they agree a deal , they can announce today that from July 1st he will be a man utd player. Move onto the next target.

A lot of this will he? Won’t he? Just kills any excitement for a player signing . I understand it’s the the glazers best interest to keep it going for likes etc in media. But it gets tedious when it happens with every single transfer they have.

I suppose you could argue it’s bullshit from the journalists, but with the amount of noise being made it seems eriksen is a real target and if he’s been thinking of whether he should join United over Brentford or spurs . Then he shouldn’t be at the club.

I understand family comes first and won’t begrudge him for staying in a settled place but then that choice should be made pretty straightforward. He knew his contract was going to expire in the summer, you’d like to think he has been thinking about where he could potentially go for several months now.

You also like to think Man Utd would have been in contact with him for a couple of months with his agent and didn’t wait till June 1st to pick up the phone to speak to him
Your head has fully fallen off recently pal.

Have you ever considered not reading transfer speculation? It doesn’t seem to be good for you.

Unread 27-06-2022, 04:37 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Your head has fully fallen off recently pal.

Have you ever considered not reading transfer speculation? It doesn’t seem to be good for you.
You seem to be mentioning me quite a bit lately. I’ve largely ignored it, but just maybe on a Man Utd football forum where there are messages boards for almost everything United , people end up reading transfer speculation? Nobody takes any of this seriously. It’s an online football forum

Why are you taking anything thats written on here seriously anyway? It’s 99% %@#$&!s

I’m just writing a post. Read it or put me on ignore if it irks you so much. Telling me about how I approach things yet you’re the one responding to strangers (me) regularly on the internet , pushing your “it’s only June” comments so you can sleep at night happy that your point has been proven because de jong is about to sign

Let it go.

Unread 27-06-2022, 05:39 PM
Jethro

Too many red flags with this. Not saying he should be jumping at the chance as he seems like a smart bloke. But you'd expect a a decision to have been made by now. It's us and Brentford ffs.

Unread 28-06-2022, 08:28 AM
windy waffles

Has he not made up his mind yet ffs?

"Do you want to move up north, love?"

"No...."

"Ok, we're staying put..."

Unread 28-06-2022, 08:52 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Has he not made up his mind yet ffs?

"Do you want to move up north, love?"

"No...."

"Ok, we're staying put..."

Story knocking around yesterday that he wants to see what players we’re going to sign first….. you, ya tit!

Unread 28-06-2022, 12:08 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Story knocking around yesterday that he wants to see what players we’re going to sign first….. you, ya tit!
Yeah, makes sense given his other option is Brentford. Must be happy with their signings.

Unread 28-06-2022, 12:12 PM
Joe Biden

I'd imagine if that story is true he doesn't think he'll be playing much if we sign midfielders.

If you're reading this Christian, if you were in a wheelchair I'd start you over Scott The Scottish Player pal. It'll be fine.

Unread 28-06-2022, 12:13 PM
saffers

I imagine this deal has been done for a while and will be announced when his contract with Brentford ends.

Its basic courtesy.

If he was staying at Brentford it would already be announced.

Unread 28-06-2022, 12:17 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Biden
I'd imagine if that story is true he doesn't think he'll be playing much if we sign midfielders.

If you're reading this Christian, if you were in a wheelchair I'd start you over Scott The Scottish Player pal. It'll be fine.
No way we sign 3 midfielders this summer. Get FDJ announced, then Eriksen and move onto Antony. Those three for around £110 would be great Business and then maybe one more through sales

Unread 28-06-2022, 12:38 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
I imagine this deal has been done for a while and will be announced when his contract with Brentford ends.

Its basic courtesy.

If he was staying at Brentford it would already be announced.
United or Brentford is a no brainier. Maybe he’s still trying to convince his wife that Alderley is better than London.

Unread 28-06-2022, 01:25 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
United or Brentford is a no brainier. Maybe he’s still trying to convince his wife that Alderley is better than London.
innit. I know we’re not exactly top dogs at the minute but imagine even considering a single season with Brentford over some of the games United play in. Actually going to away grounds where the supporters give a shit.

Brentford ffs!

Unread 28-06-2022, 01:53 PM
Part 36 Offer

Isn't it just that his contract doesn't expire until 30th June and it will be announced after that?

Unread 30-06-2022, 08:49 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Isn't it just that his contract doesn't expire until 30th June and it will be announced after that?
I would like too think your right, as he is a top-class-player as he proved during his little spell@ Brentford in the 2nd half of last season
Closed Thread