Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-05-2022, 05:32 PM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Just got the notification of this via the United app. Flashed up on my phone:

"YOU NEED TO SEE ANTHONY ELANGA'S AMAZING BOX JUMP!"

First reaction was rage. This is the type of shit our social media muppets are churning out whilst City celebrate a League title, and Liverpool prepare for a Champions League final.
You are very correct, and I must admit, I wondered why he is training now rather than resting before pre season.

It's a decent jump though tbf. I cannot even tuck jump

Unread 27-05-2022, 05:55 PM
waynes ear's

£#%&! him and £#%&! United twitter admin

Unread 27-05-2022, 06:40 PM
Dr Stranger

Oh good. Another player showing posting something that isn’t playing well for us.

Unread 27-05-2022, 08:03 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Just got the notification of this via the United app. Flashed up on my phone:

"YOU NEED TO SEE ANTHONY ELANGA'S AMAZING BOX JUMP!"

First reaction was rage. This is the type of shit our social media muppets are churning out whilst City celebrate a League title, and Liverpool prepare for a Champions League final.
Pfft! Not sure what use city and Liverpool’s trophies are going to be to them if a 4 foot box ever appears on a pitch out of nowhere.

Unread 27-05-2022, 09:17 PM
Ethers

What a load of shite. The world record that’s just a couple of inches higher is actually a standing box jump, not with a massive run-up like that.

His trainer wants £#%&!ing, there’s absolutely no benefit for a professional athlete to be attempting a max jump like that, it’s nothing but ego. But there is plenty of injury risks.

Unread 27-05-2022, 09:32 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
What a load of shite. The world record that’s just a couple of inches higher is actually a standing box jump, not with a massive run-up like that.

His trainer wants £#%&!ing, there’s absolutely no benefit for a professional athlete to be attempting a max jump like that, it’s nothing but ego. But there is plenty of injury risks.
What about reaching to head a ball?

Box jumps are excellent exercises

Unread 27-05-2022, 09:37 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
What about reaching to head a ball?

Box jumps are excellent exercises
Of course they’re excellent exercises pal, I’m saying there’s little if any benefit for him straining to do the highest one he possibly can, that he couldn’t get from doing a lower one. But he could be more stable doing it, have safer landing mechanics, and remove much of the injury risk.

Unread 27-05-2022, 09:40 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Of course they’re excellent exercises pal, I’m saying there’s little if any benefit for him straining to do the highest one he possibly can, that he couldn’t get from doing a lower one. But he could be more stable doing it, have safer landing mechanics, and remove much of the injury risk.
Who am I to question you on box technique

Unread 05-06-2022, 10:12 PM
dunk

Unread 06-06-2022, 07:52 AM
Dr Stranger

Nice goal, but it’s not box jump.

Unread 06-06-2022, 08:02 AM
guerreiro

Sell him, whilst his stock is at its highest

Unread 06-06-2022, 08:19 AM
Joe Biden

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
Sell him, whilst his stock is at its highest
No chance, he'll be on about 5 grand a week.

Unread 06-06-2022, 08:52 AM
Vedder

Good finish. He’s only just turned 20, seems a good lad and looks like he’s always in the gym, his attitude seems right, he needs a loan next season.

Unread 06-06-2022, 10:34 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Good finish. He’s only just turned 20, seems a good lad and looks like he’s always in the gym, his attitude seems right, he needs a loan next season.
Given we’ve got about 2 strikers at the whole club, I doubt he’ll be going anywhere.

Unread 23-08-2022, 08:33 AM
redhegemony

Played well - good turn of pace, shame about the early chance. Did he have a knock?

Unread 23-08-2022, 08:35 AM
Joe Biden

No he was just replaced by a far superior player. £#%&!ing horrendous miss.

Unread 16-09-2022, 10:57 AM
AK14

Unread 16-09-2022, 12:07 PM
dunk

Can’t believe they’re full naming them

Unread 16-09-2022, 12:09 PM
My Name is Heath

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Can’t believe they’re full naming them

Worse than deadnaming them that.