United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 06-12-2021, 11:22 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
What are we going to do against a ball over the top for a pacy forward to run onto?
This is why long term I can’t see Maguire cutting it if we’re going to play this high line. Varane and Lindelof is the future imo.

Unread 06-12-2021, 11:24 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
This is why long term I can’t see Maguire cutting it if we’re going to play this high line. Varane and Lindelof is the future imo.
Bailly and Varane.

Unread 06-12-2021, 11:25 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Bailly and Varane.

Unread 06-12-2021, 11:33 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
What are we going to do against a ball over the top for a pacy forward to run onto?
indeed. But, having said that - how often to do you see Liverpool and City's keepers come 50 yards out of their goal and belt the ball away when someone tries that?

Unread 06-12-2021, 11:35 AM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by The taste of...
That’s what the verm have Van Djick for

….. but don’t worry Dave loves to come off his line
Prob try to sign Donnarumma (sp?)

Unread 06-12-2021, 11:39 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
indeed. But, having said that - how often to do you see Liverpool and City's keepers come 50 yards out of their goal and belt the ball away when someone tries that?
True, but we have a completely fanny in goal when it comes to anything outside of shot stopping ( he is world class at that) . Doesn’t like to come off his line when the ball is in the 5 yard box. Fwiw I do think the still picture above isn’t going to be the norm. I’d say it’s rare to see even the scousers and city defenders to regularly be in the final third of the opposition like that.

Unread 06-12-2021, 11:39 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly

Unread 06-12-2021, 11:46 AM
armchair

Don't know who the palace player was (Benteke?) but he should've stood on the halfway line. He wasn't helping by playing so deep.

Unread 06-12-2021, 12:12 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
This. Dave is going to have to learn how to become a sweeper keeper.

There were a few instances in the first half where
palace broke and had decent ‘situations’ but kinda ballsed them up or slowed them down. Zaha was particularly poor, I thought. It’s just the downside of the pressing, I suppose.

Unread 07-12-2021, 10:13 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
True, but we have a completely fanny in goal when it comes to anything outside of shot stopping ( he is world class at that) . Doesn’t like to come off his line when the ball is in the 5 yard box. Fwiw I do think the still picture above isn’t going to be the norm. I’d say it’s rare to see even the scousers and city defenders to regularly be in the final third of the opposition like that.
All this.

I thought for a minute you were going to remind us that he actually came out of his area and it might be a sign of things to come.

As you were.

Unread 07-12-2021, 10:16 AM
redhegemony

If a forward plays further up the pitch then a defender ot two drops a bit deeper. The defenders push into space.

All the full backs are quite quick.

Unread 10-12-2021, 01:54 PM
Dr Stranger

Big Scotty Knockers won’t take any shit regarding his performance v Palace (around 45 seconds in). Good lad