United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-06-2022, 10:56 AM
20LEgend1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Samurai
Gundogan has been released
He hasn't, but he's going into the last year of his contract.

Unread 25-06-2022, 10:56 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Samurai
Gundogan has been released
I don’t think he has. Rumours that he was off, but I think he’s still there.

Unread 25-06-2022, 11:10 AM
Mr Kaboom

There'd have been death threats galore if he'd signed for us.

Signs for City and literally no-one gives a £#%&!.

Unread 25-06-2022, 11:15 AM
dunk

No gives a £#%&! about anything City do, if they did they’d have been banned from all competitions by now.

Their only relevance is in relation to us, and at the moment they’re making us look bad and the masses are delighted.

Unread 25-06-2022, 11:29 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
No gives a f*** about anything City do, if they did they’d have been banned from all competitions by now.

Their only relevance is in relation to us, and at the moment they’re making us look bad and the masses are delighted.
I don’t think anyone takes them seriously. Apparently money wasn’t enough, they had to cheat as well. It may be wishful thinking, but I read somewhere that the Premier League have been quietly investigating them for three years at the insistence of the other clubs and have recently retained two forensic accountants which is unheard of unless charges were imminent. The PL charter also isn’t as restricted as the CAS when it comes to things like statutes of limitation. Hard for them to sue when they are signatories of an agreement to abide by the League’s majority too. Anyway…

Unread 25-06-2022, 11:31 AM
dunk

The investigation rumbles on. Not sure what the end game is as the blue @#%&!s will just employ an army of lawyers and tie them up in litigation forever.

Unread 25-06-2022, 12:08 PM
Joe Biden

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
I don’t think anyone takes them seriously. Apparently money wasn’t enough, they had to cheat as well. It may be wishful thinking, but I read somewhere that the Premier League have been quietly investigating them for three years at the insistence of the other clubs and have recently retained two forensic accountants which is unheard of unless charges were imminent. The PL charter also isn’t as restricted as the CAS when it comes to things like statutes of limitation. Hard for them to sue when they are signatories of an agreement to abide by the League’s majority too. Anyway…
You think the PL are going to find the champions 4 of the last 5 seasons guilty of cheating

Please.....

Unread 25-06-2022, 12:16 PM
Part 36 Offer

Another fairly average player moving for a fortune. Arsed.

Unread 04-07-2022, 12:58 PM
windy waffles

Gone to City.

SIX year deal...

Unread 04-07-2022, 01:00 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Gone to City.

SIX year deal...
Not arsed. We’ve got loads of midfielders 👍

Unread 04-07-2022, 01:01 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Gone to City.

SIX year deal...
He's pulled their pants down there, fair play to him.

Unread 04-07-2022, 01:14 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Not arsed. We’ve got loads of midfielders 👍
He may improve under Guardiola - not impressed so far though. Leeds midfield made ours look top drawer two seasons in a row and he got hooked at ht when we slaughtered them at Old Trafford iirc. Every time I’ve watched England (not very much tbh) Rice has made him look better than he actually is.

Unread 04-07-2022, 01:15 PM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
He's pulled their pants down there, fair play to him.
Danny Drinkwater levels of negotiating there by his agent.

Unread 04-07-2022, 01:15 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
He may improve under Guardiola - not impressed so far though. Leeds midfield made ours look top drawer two seasons in a row and he got hooked at ht when we slaughtered them at Old Trafford iirc. Every time I’ve watched England (not very much tbh) Rice has made him look better than he actually is.
It still amazes me that Southgate took Rice off in that final instead of Phillips.

Unread 04-07-2022, 01:20 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Odd signing for them: he’s just not very good is he. Quietly entrenching a nucleus of over priced over rated English players (Grealish, Phillips, Foden etc). Could be the domino that sets BSilva to Barca off & FDJ here.

Unread 04-07-2022, 01:24 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikvanHaaksbergen
Odd signing for them: he’s just not very good is he. Quietly entrenching a nucleus of over priced over rated English players (Grealish, Phillips, Foden etc). Could be the domino that sets BSilva to Barca off & FDJ here.
Agree that Phillips is average, but Grealish and Foden aren't exactly overrated.

Both are superb players, who would get into any squad in the world.

Last season was a transitional one for Grealish, but he'll clearly develop into one of City's best players with time. Wish we signed him.

Unread 04-07-2022, 01:24 PM
wiganste

You're saying Foden is over rated? £#%&!ing hell fire

Unread 04-07-2022, 01:34 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

They’re good players but not improvements on likes of David Silva or even Sterling etc. The real class at City is still in that foreign set - BSilva, De Bruyne, Rodri etc. Fell off badly until they bought Dias in to fix the mess Stones was making in defence etc.

Rashfords fallen off a cliff under this hodge podge of managers & his “extracurriculars” but he got far more goals in a season at Foden’s age than Foden has. He’s just been badly mismanaged since.

Unread 04-07-2022, 01:36 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Yeah, this. He’s a decent, but I wasn’t exactly excited when we were linked. Not sure what he brings to city. Like Grealish, he’s not a patch and what they already have. If they want to ditch Silva and Sterling for Grealish and Philips, then more fool them tbh.

Unread 04-07-2022, 01:37 PM
utd99

City sign a young England midfielder for 45m and still the top story everywhere is us signing some old bloke from Brentford on a freebee.

They must f***ing hate it.
Closed Thread