Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > News, Current Affairs & Politics
View Poll Results: Do you support the RMT strike
Yes, of course, I'm not a class traitor 58 89.23%
No, I'm a scab 7 10.77%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 12-06-2022, 06:17 PM
TravellingRed

Default RMT rail workers strike

Do you support it? Obviously I do, I see the government's latest plan to oppress us is to get rid of the law where you can't bring in agency workers to scab.

Unread 12-06-2022, 06:43 PM
Sharders

Holding the country to ransom for an extra few quid. Genius. The hypocrisy is on another scale.

Unread 12-06-2022, 07:46 PM
no fun

They tried negotiation...it failed

Held a legal ballot and the union membership voted for strike action...all perfectly legal

This bunch of Eton c***s will now look to rush through new legislation that further erodes union rights

Good luck to the rail workers

Unread 12-06-2022, 08:05 PM
TravellingRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharders View Post
Holding the country to ransom for an extra few quid. Genius. The hypocrisy is on another scale.
How's it hypocritical going on strike for a fair pay rise?

Unread 12-06-2022, 08:08 PM
atticusgrinch

Don't care either way lol

Never use trains

Unread 12-06-2022, 08:11 PM
Noob

Train ****ers

Unread 12-06-2022, 09:49 PM
The taste of syphillis

Anyone who doesnít vote is an obvious scab

Especially if theyíve seen the thread

Obvs.

Unread 12-06-2022, 10:01 PM
tatty

As a strong supporter of my own union who are negotiating for a reasonable pay increase I find complaints that industrial action is inconvenient to be rather missing the point.

Unread 12-06-2022, 10:19 PM
ryanMUFC

No wonder trains are so shit in this country.

Lack of investment, overpriced, pretty unreliable in some parts and workers that canít be arsed turning up to work.

Should just make bus lanes everywhere. Bus drivers donít hold themselves in such high esteem do they?

Unread 12-06-2022, 10:52 PM
windy waffles

It makes my trip to see Ed Sheeran on the 25th June so for that alone...no!

Unread 12-06-2022, 11:07 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles View Post
It makes my trip to see Ed Sheeran on the 25th June so for that alone...no!
Theyíre doing you a massive favour

Unread 12-06-2022, 11:08 PM
big chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravellingRed View Post
Do you support it? Obviously I do, I see the government's latest plan to oppress us is to get rid of the law where you can't bring in agency workers to scab.
One of the last solid Unions left

Unread 12-06-2022, 11:12 PM
Sparky***

been in a union in every place i've worked.

Been on strike about 6 times in my life. Twice at the BBC and the other 4 times was at Royal Mail. You lose a day's pay so nobody is doing it for the fun of it. But it was necessary to protect jobs and conditions.

The rail workers have my full support.

I agree with everything Ash Sarkar says

Unread 12-06-2022, 11:18 PM
Fat Al

Far too many arse-lickers & turncoats on here.

Piss & moan about workers taking industrial action when it inconveniences them personally but when they get shat on by their bosses, they're f***ing screaming about how unfair it is & something should be done about it.
f***ing hypocrites.

Unread 12-06-2022, 11:25 PM
jem

no, obviously.

Unread 12-06-2022, 11:39 PM
big chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem View Post
no, obviously.
why bother

Unread 12-06-2022, 11:41 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by big chief View Post
why bother
good question. why bother with anything, really?

Unread 12-06-2022, 11:51 PM
big chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem View Post
good question. why bother with anything, really?
Why do you bother?

you are a horrible piece of work.

Unread 12-06-2022, 11:55 PM
Arnold Muhren

Been in a union since I was legally allowed (since the late 80ís), USDAW back then, PCS these days. Been on many strikes and as many picket lines. Rule changes have made it harder and harder to strike of course these days so if it happens then itís always for something worthwhile. Those against it - Thatchers children and f*** them.

Unread 13-06-2022, 12:08 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by big chief View Post
Why do you bother?

you are a horrible piece of work.
you are ignorant and abusive - I am a kind and thoughtful person.

strikes invariably hit the wrong target. this one is like threatening to burn your kid's arm with your cigar because your wife won't give you a blow job. there will be nurses who can't get work who would gladly swap salaries with a button pusher. f*** them, though. as long as you are right on and the tories are evil, you can blame them for any deaths.

if negotiation / mediation fails, there should be public votes, not union votes.

and yes... I've been in a union and been to union meetings. I am well aware of what goes on and how little sense it makes. they don't care. pretty much the only thing they're good for is convincing f***wits that they do.