United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 07-05-2022, 08:56 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
The real kicker is that I would get blasted at 5 a side if I played like them . Why was lindelof legs so far open. Why does nobody communicate to cover the open man. How can they be such @#%&! that they get out fought in every 50/50. Not even that, on the 70/30 In which you expect them to win they £#%&! it up.

The third goal he just turned and gave up (I get he wouldn’t have got back) but it’s such a shit attitude to have, not once did he think ok that pass is on il cut the lane off. He just watched the runner in the box. Him and The Scottish Player for that goal.

£#%&! them all . Fold the club

That 3rd goal he gave a wave of his hand to someone(who knows who) to go with the runner so he could defend with his stare, guys runs off his shoulder, no interest in turning, taking responsibility.

But that is typical Lindelof, he has survived because he doesn't make many blatant errors, but the main reason for that is he takes no responsibility, doesn't try to get close to forwards, just holds his space and allows easy possession for the opponent. No positive defensive impact at all or the slightest bit of leadership in his game. Total @#%&! and one of our most experienced players at this point ffs.

Unread 07-05-2022, 08:58 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
He's from an academy alright

Police Academy
Shame he can’t tackle(berry)

Unread 07-05-2022, 08:58 PM
Hitch22

fyi this club of ours turned its nose up to Conte after the shambles of Ole reign...

you have to laugh.

Unread 07-05-2022, 10:11 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch22
fyi this club of ours turned its nose up to Conte after the shambles of Ole reign...

you have to laugh.
After tonight’s result I’m glad we did tbph.

Unread 07-05-2022, 10:38 PM
Hitch22

watching the game back now.

did anyone else think it was weird how Bruno kept the armband when Harry Maguire came on?

i know it's not a big deal but usually the vice captain gives the armband back to captain when they come on the pitch. says a lot about the current mood in the camp.

it's almost certain Maguire will get stripped of the captaincy.

Unread 07-05-2022, 10:54 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Not sure there was a player on that pitch I want starting next season. Just stunningly bad.

Someone tell me that Lindelof is being dumped this summer, he surely can't dupe another manager with his non-defending style of defending. There are worse players, McT, Telles, Elanga, Dalot but Lindelof's passive, anonymous, characterless defending is current Utd perfectly encapsulated.

Ten Hag has some job ahead of him but also a great opportunity, he has to rip it up and start again, top 6 would be a big ask. Purge that squad, identify a handful of players to move forward with.

Having said all that Rangnick is worse than Moyes, but at least we can be grateful that he has fully exposed the true standard of the squad.
Eh up, how’s it going? Back just in time to see it all burn to shit huh. £#%&!ing £#%&! me, can’t wait for next season & ETH and the new way.

Unread 07-05-2022, 11:45 PM
pedr0

Quote:
Wtf

Unread 08-05-2022, 12:17 AM
Neo

Thumbs up

Thought we were the better team after the fourth went in.

Unread 08-05-2022, 01:31 AM
Sparky***

Unread 08-05-2022, 01:38 AM
dunk

Imagine the pelters AWB would be getting for that.

I do sympathise with the FB’s to a certain degree. Shit as they are, the fact the midfield offers no cover and the CB’s have the sloppiest shoulders imaginable renders their position impossible.

The cover from midfield for the 3rd goal. Was like playing against the computer on FIFA on the easiest setting

Unread 08-05-2022, 07:31 AM
puressence

it was so easy too easy , 3 passes brighton and there at the other end of the pitch just simple / loved the free kick brighton got near end of halftime / lindelof is basically telling 3 players to get in line with him as there going deeper , he does this 3 times nobody listens he just basically shrugs his arms partridge like and carries on . Its £#%&!ing scandalous amazed that bit wasnt highlighted its so £#%&!ing poor . Saw it first hand at anfield on liverpool corners , they dont talk dont %@#$&! each other , they just go through the motions . What the £#%&! has happened to our club .

Unread 08-05-2022, 10:41 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
There’s around 3 mistakes to that goal. First was losing out on the throw in header, ralf has banged on for about 4 months in how they need to be more physical. The. There is dalot leaving is man free, but even if he does that, there are two 6s on the pitch and not one £#%&!er I’d centrally around the box to mark for the pull back.

It gets worse when you realised as the LW passed it back into the Center there were two Brighton players free with nobody around them.

I used to think The Scottish Player could be a 3rd or 4th CM , but even now I’m thinking he isn’t good enough to be a back up. I get the whole teams is better than they’re playing and everybody is badly off form but positional sense isn’t a technical ability. All you have to do is see with your eyes that there’s an opposition player free in an area your position is and have vacated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

I do sympathise with the FB’s to a certain degree. Shit as they are, the fact the midfield offers no cover and the CB’s have the sloppiest shoulders imaginable renders their position impossible.

The cover from midfield for the 3rd goal. Was like playing against the computer on FIFA on the easiest setting
They just jog back, as soon as the pass goes into the keeper there’s no anticipation to get back . I could understand if they were pressing high but these £#%&!ers never press. It’s laziness , pathetic attitude

Unread 08-05-2022, 11:11 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
it was so easy too easy , 3 passes brighton and there at the other end of the pitch just simple / loved the free kick brighton got near end of halftime / lindelof is basically telling 3 players to get in line with him as there going deeper , he does this 3 times nobody listens he just basically shrugs his arms partridge like and carries on . Its £#%&!ing scandalous amazed that bit wasnt highlighted its so £#%&!ing poor . Saw it first hand at anfield on liverpool corners , they dont talk dont %@#$&! each other , they just go through the motions . What the £#%&! has happened to our club .
No accountability. Watch Liverpool v Spurs and you see Liverpool players constantly %@#$&!ing each other, giving instructions and communicating. Van Dijk, Henderson, Robertson etc..they're all at each other all the time. The manager has set the standard.

I watch our lot and they're like a bunch of mutes. They concede a goal and everyone just shrugs their shoulders and trudges back to the halfway line. Their attitude stinks.

Unread 08-05-2022, 12:55 PM
est.1878

Utd end largely clapped them off at the end? This for real? Had switched off...

Unread 08-05-2022, 01:19 PM
Selhurst Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
Utd end largely clapped them off at the end? This for real? Had switched off...
Maybe it just sounded like that and they were actually punching their palms with their fists.

Unread 08-05-2022, 09:03 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Not sure there was a player on that pitch I want starting next season. Just stunningly bad.

Someone tell me that Lindelof is being dumped this summer, he surely can't dupe another manager with his non-defending style of defending. There are worse players, McT, Telles, Elanga, Dalot but Lindelof's passive, anonymous, characterless defending is current Utd perfectly encapsulated.

Ten Hag has some job ahead of him but also a great opportunity, he has to rip it up and start again, top 6 would be a big ask. Purge that squad, identify a handful of players to move forward with.

Having said all that Rangnick is worse than Moyes, but at least we can be grateful that he has fully exposed the true standard of the squad.
Spot on Tibs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

Dalot and Telles are right up there as two of the poorest full backs I've seen play for United, I'd actually take Buttner over Telles and he was £#%&!. If both are still at the club next season it'll be a sorry sight.

The defence and the midfield together allow so much space for opponents to exploit it's maddening. The gap between the two yesterday was ridiculous. Either the defence has to step up or the midfield drops back but no one takes responsibility on the pitch, or pays attention to those in the dug out. Don't care what Rangnick says to the press, they're certainly not taking anything on board in training whatever the £#%&! that is.

Both defence and midfield need a complete overhaul. Not sure I'd keep any of them. Maybe Maguire, maybe Fred? But the rest can go. The Scottish Player has a decent attitude but that's not enough. A very poor player. Varane? Crap. So in short there's one CB and one midfielder (a #8) I think should be kept next season.

Unread 09-05-2022, 04:37 PM
wiganste

Quote:

did anyone else think it was weird how Bruno kept the armband when Harry Maguire came on?

i know it's not a big deal but usually the vice captain gives the armband back to captain when they come on the pitch. says a lot about the current mood in the camp.

it's almost certain Maguire will get stripped of the captaincy.
The absolute least of our problems