United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Reply
 
Unread 11-01-2022, 09:32 AM
My Name is Heath
 
Default Elanga must play more often with a football

because hes a bloody good player and offered us bucket loads last night.

He asks more questions of a defender than Paxman.

He has pace. Attitude.

We looked a lot better with him on.

Acknowledge him.
 
Unread 11-01-2022, 09:34 AM
puressence
 
Default

also has braces ..
 
Unread 11-01-2022, 09:40 AM
Rorschach
 
Default

Boy played good.
 
Unread 11-01-2022, 09:40 AM
dunk
 
Default

Balance his 10 minute cameo against tired defenders last night against his 90 minutes of nothing against Young Boys, where he was bullied and out-knowhowed throughout.

Needs minutes, not ready to start for United yet.
 
Unread 11-01-2022, 09:48 AM
Hyman_Roth
 
Default

100% give him a go. He cannot possibly be worse than Rashford.
 
Unread 11-01-2022, 10:33 AM
Lok
 
Default

Anyone who comes in and looks motivated will stand out in this team.

He was a breath of fresh air last night but not sure he's really got a long term future at the club.
 
Unread 11-01-2022, 10:41 AM
redhegemony
 
Default

Two good leaps to win headers and nice footwork. Definitely worth some game time.
 
Unread 11-01-2022, 10:49 AM
jem
 
Default

he's elanga.
 
Unread 11-01-2022, 11:00 AM
My Name is Heath
 
Default

This could be the basis of a song for him

Elanga - will always score.


In a stadium old and grand
(Elanga)
A new king bravely rules the land
(Elanga)
With Bruno and Mason by his side
(Elanga)
It's a wild and daring ride
Elanga, Elanga will always score.
 
Unread 11-01-2022, 02:01 PM
Dasilvatwins
 
Default

He challenged for about three headers aswell and won them all. Seems to have a leap on him.

Not losing out on the first or second ball will be a nice change for our shit squad
 
Unread 11-01-2022, 05:13 PM
AK14
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
100% give him a go. He cannot possibly be worse than Rashford.
This.

Same for Amad and Lee Grant.
 
Unread 11-01-2022, 06:02 PM
tatty
 
Default

I'll back any player giving 100% at the moment.
 
Unread 11-01-2022, 06:39 PM
ryanMUFC
 
Default

We like nothing more than building people up to be better than what they actually are. Weve done the same with Greenwood to the point where OT is booing that hes been subbed despite doing nothing.
 
Unread 11-01-2022, 06:59 PM
My Name is Heath
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
We like nothing more than building people up to be better than what they actually are. Weve done the same with Greenwood to the point where OT is booing that hes been subbed despite doing nothing.
Said elsewhere but I just see so much potential in him. I have Swedish roots and sometimes it is like looking in a mirror. I just feel a connection to him.

He offers something different and he is not stained by the omni turd of recent seasons.

Hes a fresh pair of grunderpants after a night eating curries in Rusholme.

Climb inside him and watch him come good.
 
Unread 11-01-2022, 07:42 PM
ryanMUFC
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
Said elsewhere but I just see so much potential in him. I have Swedish roots and sometimes it is like looking in a mirror. I just feel a connection to him.

He offers something different and he is not stained by the omni turd of recent seasons.

Hes a fresh pair of grunderpants after a night eating curries in Rusholme.

Climb inside him and watch him come good.
Nailed it. Sometimes its easy to come in to a game for the last 5
minutes but we definitely need something different at the minute.
 
Unread 11-01-2022, 08:03 PM
jem
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
We like nothing more than building people up to be better than what they actually are. Weve done the same with Greenwood to the point where OT is booing that hes been subbed despite doing nothing.
nuh-huh. he is better than he actually is. boo, you, sir!
 
Unread 11-01-2022, 09:35 PM
ryanMUFC
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
nuh-huh. he is better than he actually is. boo, you, sir!
Fantastic finisher. I must have missed the game where he looks a real threat on the wing though.
 
Unread 11-01-2022, 10:05 PM
dunk
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
Fantastic finisher. I must have missed the game where he looks a real threat on the wing though.
Was saying that last night. Hes mainly seeing the ball around the halfway line or on the flank. Hes one of the few players weve got that has the instinct for creating a yard and getting a shot off, and actually reacting to space and chances in the oppositions area, most of the time he has to beat a couple of players to even get a sight of goal. Its mad.

Hes probably the best weve got at playing back to goal and bringing others into play too. A right winger he aint.
 
Unread 11-01-2022, 10:18 PM
ryanMUFC
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Was saying that last night. Hes mainly seeing the ball around the halfway line or on the flank. Hes one of the few players weve got that has the instinct for creating a yard and getting a shot off, and actually reacting to space and chances in the oppositions area, most of the time he has to beat a couple of players to even get a sight of goal. Its mad.

Hes probably the best weve got at playing back to goal and bringing others into play too. A right winger he aint.
Its probably seen as less of a risk by throwing him out wide than putting him up top (which looks like his natural position) where he will probably get very little service and where hell be under more scrutiny if he doesnt score.

Throwing him on the right is probably hindering the amount of goalscoring chances we create (happy to be proven wrong by stats).
 
Unread 11-01-2022, 10:20 PM
dunk
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
Its probably seen as less of a risk by throwing him out wide than putting him up top (which looks like his natural position) where he will probably get very little service and where hell be under more scrutiny if he doesnt score.

Throwing him on the right is probably hindering the amount of goalscoring chances we create (happy to be proven wrong by stats).
True, but if he's on the pitch you want him getting the ball in and around the penalty area as much as possible.
Reply
Thread Tools
Similar Threads for: Elanga must play more often with a football
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Manchester Uniteds Elanga subjected to alleged racism while with Sweden fred tissue Football Auto-Threads 0 13-10-2021 01:20 PM
Anthony Elanga AK14 Football 28 09-10-2021 09:50 AM
Anthony Elanga Promotion to the Senior Squad Vida_15 Football 22 10-04-2021 07:32 PM
To play or not to play? Football fans have their say on the Premier League's Project Restart plans fred tissue Football Auto-Threads 0 13-05-2020 10:40 PM
Play brilliant = Lose. Play Shite = Win. Football, bloody hell! Sparky*** Football 24 27-08-2007 10:49 AM
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:10 AM.

Copyright 2006 - 2022 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.