United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-06-2022, 06:42 AM
saffers

Default In defence of Murtaugh and the club

I am glad they have their full focus on Frenkie. And now this is about to bear fruit. We are better off signing just Frenkie alone instead of another 2 or 3 that there isn't a clear plan for. It is clear that the manager is now driving recruitment. That alone will see us improve greatly as a club.

Under Woodward we would be getting involved in a Neymar saga.

Unread 27-06-2022, 07:03 AM
jem

we need at least five players. liverpool are going for bellingham; we're going for eriksen. that tells its own story.

you made up neymar.

Unread 27-06-2022, 08:03 AM
Mr_Ed

Maybe it’s just me but why can’t they run negotiations in parallel? Even Arsenal have signed four players.

Unread 27-06-2022, 08:07 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
we need at least five players. liverpool are going for bellingham; we're going for eriksen. that tells its own story.

you made up neymar.
You made up Bellingham.

Unread 27-06-2022, 08:19 AM
Switching Off

I'm sure they're working on other stuff in the background. Not gonna defend the Glazer's but the bedwetting online because Liverpool and City have signed a player each is laughable.

Unread 27-06-2022, 08:25 AM
Jethro

Biggest Summer in arguably the clubs modern history. If people are reading transfer news to the point of obsession then getting pissed off is going to happen and the level in which bullshit is reported in regards to United is unlike anything I've seen before. 100+ players linked so far. It's a tap in writing about United.

But, it seems we've not been held to ransom for De Jong and hopefully other negotiations will fall into place.

I couldn't give a flying £#%&! what Arsenal are up to.

Unread 27-06-2022, 08:46 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
I'm sure they're working on other stuff in the background. Not gonna defend the Glazer's but the bedwetting online because Liverpool and City have signed a player each is laughable.
Multiple players each...

Unread 27-06-2022, 08:47 AM
Joe Biden

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
I am glad they have their full focus on Frenkie. And now this is about to bear fruit. We are better off signing just Frenkie alone instead of another 2 or 3 that there isn't a clear plan for. It is clear that the manager is now driving recruitment. That alone will see us improve greatly as a club.

Under Woodward we would be getting involved in a Neymar saga.
God forbid we sign neymar when we have elanga and rashford

Unread 27-06-2022, 08:47 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
You made up Bellingham.
someone did.

Unread 27-06-2022, 08:51 AM
andyroo

Mr and Mrs Bellingham did

Unread 27-06-2022, 08:54 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Mr and Mrs Bellingham did

Unread 27-06-2022, 09:00 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
All “it’s June” jokes aside, I expected us to have a couple in by now, but when we get them in a window isn’t as important as who we get and doing it right.

It’s fine balance this window: we have a budget, we have several issues with squad, we have to ‘sell the project’ a little more and ETH will want to assess what he has. We can only really judge at the end of the window when it’s all said and done.

If FDJ is his number one target, then I’m pleased we’ve gone all out for him, I’d rather he gets 1 or 2 players who are first choice rather than 5-6 he doesn’t really want.

Unread 27-06-2022, 09:10 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Biggest Summer in arguably the clubs modern history. If people are reading transfer news to the point of obsession then getting pissed off is going to happen and the level in which bullshit is reported in regards to United is unlike anything I've seen before. 100+ players linked so far. It's a tap in writing about United.

But, it seems we've not been held to ransom for De Jong and hopefully other negotiations will fall into place.

I couldn't give a flying £#%&! what Arsenal are up to.
This attitude is all well and good if I had even the slightest confidence that they know what they are doing

Unread 27-06-2022, 09:11 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
We can only really judge at the end of the window when it’s all said and done.
yes, but what are we supposed to do until then?

Unread 27-06-2022, 09:16 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
This attitude is all well and good if I had even the slightest confidence that they know what they are doing
This…

Year on year a big name was announced and then it dragged out all summer. Remember one year the word was that ‘Woodward has left the tour early to conduct some business’ and then didn’t sign anyone.

They have an opportunity to demonstrate the sweeping changes have worked, get the business done early (like before pre-season starts) and give us the best chance to prepare for what is going to be a difficult season anyway given the other teams around us (including Newcastle) are doing their business.

Unread 27-06-2022, 09:17 AM
Jethro

Quote:
If they get De Jong over the line I'd say it's a pretty good marker that they may.

Unread 27-06-2022, 09:43 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
yes, but what are we supposed to do until then?
Gif it up 👍

Unread 27-06-2022, 09:57 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
If they get De Jong over the line I'd say it's a pretty good marker that they may.
what's your confidence levels on that one?

Unread 27-06-2022, 09:58 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
what's your confidence levels on that one?
Done before Friday
97.9%

Unread 27-06-2022, 09:59 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Done before Friday
97.9%
I hope so bunks, I really do. I have a lot of snide to dish out.
Closed Thread