Unread 06-05-2019, 04:58 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith

Unread 06-05-2019, 05:14 PM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Levy isn’t the owner. He’s the owners version of woodward.
No, Levy has a large share of the company that owns 85% of Spurs. Joe Lewis has the largest stake.

Unread 07-05-2019, 05:16 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Management is about what it’s always been about you stupid @#%&!. Man management.

Levy isn’t the owner. He’s the owners version of woodward.
Feel even worse now.

Thanks.

Unread 14-05-2019, 12:03 AM
Sparky***

Some interesting responses here.

Unread 14-05-2019, 08:22 AM
barca99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Gone by Christmas.

I love him but he doesn’t have a clue.
This, sadly.

Unread 14-05-2019, 08:34 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Some interesting responses here.
I think so too. I have no optimism whatsoever about the current set up.

Unread 14-05-2019, 08:49 AM
Jethro

Two seasons minimum. And it's going to get a lot worse before we see a glimmer of light. Strap in.

Unread 14-05-2019, 09:03 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Two seasons minimum. And it's going to get a lot worse before we see a glimmer of light. Strap in.
Going to be bleak

Unread 14-05-2019, 09:08 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Wouldn't care if we had several seasons outside the top 4 and trophyless. But we need to see a plan and we need to see it being implemented.

We can accept a regression next season but as long as we have a defined style of play, a transfer strategy and we're bringing in leaders, it will be accepted by most.

It will be very clear this summer if Ole is the right man for this. The early signs are obviously very poor but maybe he's already lined up the 3 or 4 leaders he needs. Maybe he's already sorted the transfer of 8 or 9 of the @#%&!s infesting the place.

Either way, this will be one of the most important summers in decades for the club. We've either learned from our mistakes or we'll continue making them for the foreseeable future.

Unread 14-05-2019, 10:26 AM
Buck

For me he starts from scratch in August. It'll be a fresh start with some players leaving and some new arrivals coming changing the mood around the place.

When he came in the task at hand was to pick up despondent players. He did that extremely well. We were creating chances, scoring goels, and by extension not conceding much since the players were 10 yards higher and on top of our opponents. Chelsea away in the cup was a superb example of this.

Why did it all fall away at the end? After PSG we had quite a few injuries. His settled eleven selection early on was met with constant tinkering by the end. The football by the end became dire...but everyone is glad the season is over. The lingering stench of August-December meant even when we were piling up the wins our league position took a while to improve. The disappointment is we eventually got into the Top 4 then messed it up.

However Ole and Phelan know even getting Top 4 is not the yardstick for United. We would have had the same summer plans with Champions League football as we have without it. Because they both know what a successful United is made up of: the level of talent, style of player, mindset, dressing room culture. They know we are a long way off. The fact we are going after the young player at Swansea indicates a change in our recruitment. That's not a coinicidence.

Use the Europa for integrating youngsters. I expect Ole and Phelan want a full pelt at the title and will work towards it.

Unread 17-07-2019, 08:00 PM
Sparky***

Worried yet?

Unread 17-07-2019, 08:07 PM
armchair

I fancy us for 3rd and to play exciting, if open, football.

Really looking forward to seeing lads like garner having a run in the europa.

Unread 17-07-2019, 08:11 PM
ScarFace

I'm worried we've not been bought by the Saudis yet.

Unread 17-07-2019, 08:18 PM
Bunker Buster

Top 4 nailed on once fernades signs.

Can't wait for the season

Unread 17-07-2019, 08:19 PM
no fun

Quote:
Worried yet?
No, very relaxed about the forthcoming season

Already resigned myself to finishing below 6th, lingard and pogba making me very angry, and Phil Jones making me laugh

Unread 17-07-2019, 09:20 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Worried yet?
Not at all
Get the fitness levels up. More competition for places. That first half team today with a couple of replacements - Rojo, Mata and Bailly in particular- could be good to watch next year.

Unread 17-07-2019, 10:33 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Top 4 nailed on once fernades signs.

Can't wait for the season
Agreed. Need to make sure we get him and Maguire. We do that and we are in great shape.

Then a new striker, another cm, and a left back next summoh. Rebuild complete.

Unread 17-07-2019, 10:39 PM
barkabal

we need a Kante, Hargreaves player.

Unread 17-07-2019, 10:39 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by barkabal
we need a Kante, Hargreaves player.
absolutely 10 a penny these days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Agreed. Need to make sure we get him and Maguire. We do that and we are in great shape.

Then a new striker, another cm, and a left back next summoh. Rebuild complete.
garner is going to be a top player. haven't felt this way about a 'youth' player since beckham

Unread 17-07-2019, 10:43 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
absolutely 10 a penny these days

garner is going to be a top player. haven't felt this way about a 'youth' player since beckham
Yep agreed. He looks the business.
Closed Thread