United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-05-2017, 11:13 PM
Sparky***

Default Worried about us going forward

2 goals in the last 5 games has me wondering have we completely lost all attacking impoteus at the most important time.

We've not been great all season but watching Mkhitaryan and Lingard up front tonight, it's shocking how easy they are to nullify. Rashford good but still too young to shoulder it all.

Ajax appear to be free scoring but suspect at the back - only problem there is that we pass up chances for fun

Unread 11-05-2017, 11:15 PM
armchair

I'm hoping in the next few games before the final martial gets a run out and plays himself into the team. He's a proven goal scorer.

Unread 11-05-2017, 11:15 PM
no fun

Play Nicky butts reserves for the remaining 3 games

We might just get over the line

Unread 11-05-2017, 11:16 PM
dunk

Reckon Lingard, Mkhi and Rashers would be fine if we allowed the other 7 players to offer some support when attacking..

Unread 11-05-2017, 11:16 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Reckon Lingard, Mkhi and Rashers would be fine if we allowed the other 7 players to offer some support when attacking..
correct we have no overlapping Lb or RB in big games we are so £#%&!ing deep its unreal

Unread 11-05-2017, 11:17 PM
dragflick

Martial and Mata must be close to playing instead of Lingard.

Unread 11-05-2017, 11:17 PM
silv

Another midfielder and an attacking left back will help immensely. Darn Ian defends well but doesn't have it going forward

As would putting a better player in Lingards position, though he didn't play terribly tonight.

I thought the front lot put a good bit of play together. Fellaini does slow a lot down and we could use a wiser head in midfield to switch the play a bit, we don't seem to switch it much, only hold it down the same side. Scholes in with Pogba and Herrera

Unread 11-05-2017, 11:19 PM
Harri Jaffa

Amazed that sparkles is worried about us going forward, the rest of us aren't bothered at all. No siree

Unread 11-05-2017, 11:19 PM
Billy Redface

We didn't miss Zlatan at first.

We do now.

Missed his hold up play, composure and snide tonight.

Unread 11-05-2017, 11:20 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
We didn't miss Zlatan at first.

We do now.

Missed his hold up play, composure and snide tonight.
Yes, those claiming we wouldn't miss him were always likely to end up looking silly.

Unread 11-05-2017, 11:22 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
Another midfielder and an attacking left back will help immensely. Darn Ian defends well but doesn't have it going forward

As would putting a better player in Lingards position, though he didn't play terribly tonight.

I thought the front lot put a good bit of play together. Fellaini does slow a lot down and we could use a wiser head in midfield to switch the play a bit, we don't seem to switch it much, only hold it down the same side. Scholes in with Pogba and Herrera
that's a £#%&!ing brilliant autocorrect

Unread 11-05-2017, 11:23 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
Amazed that sparkles is worried about us going forward, the rest of us aren't bothered at all. No siree
tbf it is unlike him to worry, he's normally happy go lucky especially about United

Unread 11-05-2017, 11:24 PM
ScarFace

Cool

Next 3 nothing games, regardless if who plays, should be about getting ready for the Dutch.

Unread 11-05-2017, 11:25 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
A cocktail of mind rotting drugs will do that, Renton.

Unread 11-05-2017, 11:25 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Next 3 nothing games, regardless if who plays, should be about getting ready for the Dutch.
yep we should be playing experimental teams in the league from here on

Unread 11-05-2017, 11:33 PM
Buck

The last three league games are redundant. Because of this I hope we go hell for leather. Better to lose 5-2 than sit back and keep the score down like Arsenal.

You can put out weaker teams and still try and play attacking football and that brings exuberance and confidence. As Martial is seemingly a second string player at the moment that type of game will free him up and help find his form.

Unread 11-05-2017, 11:49 PM
20 times

Go to bed mate rather than worrying about something so insignificant

Unread 12-05-2017, 12:22 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
yep we should be playing experimental teams in the league from here on
I agree.

we should try taking the next game seriously.

Unread 12-05-2017, 12:58 AM
ScarFace

We can't do what Celta did...and £#%&! the next few weeks off. The first leg they looked awful.

Ajax season ends at the weekend, so they'll have 12 days off before the final.

We should rest for Spurs, play a proper team v Southampton that is a week before the final, then rest evvvvvverybody for Palace thats 2 days before the Europa game.

Unread 12-05-2017, 01:20 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
2 goals in the last 5 games has me wondering have we completely lost all attacking impoteus at the most important time.

We've not been great all season but watching Mkhitaryan and Lingard up front tonight, it's shocking how easy they are to nullify. Rashford good but still too young to shoulder it all.

Ajax appear to be free scoring but suspect at the back - only problem there is that we pass up chances for fun
Hate to say I told you so but....
Closed Thread