jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999
Apparently this is the "leaked" team:

Sterling - Kane - Foden
Shaw - Rice - Phillips - Trippier
Stones - Maguire - Walker
Pickford

Don't know how to make it look like a formation though.
might be the best southgate can manage, the absolute wet-the-bed.

should be

pickford

trippier - stones - maguire - shaw

phillips - rice

foden - bellingham - grealish

kane

maybe rashers, if fully fit, for bellingham and put grealish in at 10.

but.... as we know... southgate hates football and loves that frustrating little @#%&! sterling. £#%&! them all.

Unread 28-06-2021, 11:43 PM
Sparky***

It's going to be interesting to see how England manage to balls this one up.

And they will.

I have absolutely no doubts at all that they'll bottle it in some shape or form.

Unread 28-06-2021, 11:43 PM
armchair

I've this sneaking feeling that Southgate put out sides to win games rather than his best sides so far. The Sancho omission hinted at that. All of Germany are shocked Sancho isn't playing. Imagine if he starts him tomorrow. Even if he doesn't start him just being able to bring him on at 1-0 down would be huge.

Unread 28-06-2021, 11:50 PM
tatty

We will stink the place out and single-handedly kill the tournament buzz before going out to 2 late goals.

Unread 28-06-2021, 11:53 PM
ScarFace

Looking forward to this now. This covid tourn is Lingard mad.

Unread 28-06-2021, 11:55 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
It's going to be interesting to see how England manage to balls this one up.
it won't be. they will start cautiously, sterling will mess up every promising opportunity. germany will sneak a goal from a set piece or some revoltingly sloppy defending. southgate will put on his creative players too late. we'll huff and puff, but will be shapeless and without a plan, just desperate. and, as we push up, germany will pick us off on the break with a goal even werner can't £#%&! up. there won't be anything interesting about it. just go to bed early and do yourself a favour.

southgate = jomo with peas and mash.

Unread 29-06-2021, 12:32 AM
ZiggyStardust

Germany will beat England
It’s inevitable

At least the Utd lads will be going straight to the beach for a much needed holiday
In that regard the knockouts are working out quite well for us

Unread 29-06-2021, 12:37 AM
Switching Off

Dont think England have much to fear apart from Muller. Could go either way. Doubt it will be as entertaining as tonight.

Unread 29-06-2021, 12:49 AM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999
no wonder he didn't last as a manager

Unread 29-06-2021, 01:17 AM
ScarFace

state of this

Unread 29-06-2021, 01:32 AM
tatty

Invisalign called.

Unread 29-06-2021, 01:48 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Dont think England have much to fear apart from Muller. Could go either way. Doubt it will be as entertaining as tonight.
I bought werner in fantasy bidding last season. was convinced he'd tear it up. long season. him and havertz not even starring.... in a team that won the £#%&!ing european cup, ffs.... germany really have nothing for us to fear, you are correct. as ever, for england, it's not the opposition we need to fear so much as our own timidity.

of course it won't be entertaining. last night was one of the best day's entertainment in the history of euro/wc knockout. way better football than expected, plus no-hopers, who hadn't won a proper ko since 1938, fooling everyone by taking out the current world champs and probable tournament favourites.

nothing will match that, but this will be the personification of bathos.

unwilling, timid england against mediocrity that will achieve comptetence at just the right level to take advantage. it will be predictably shameful.

it would be a miracle for this game to be great. a £#%&!ing miracle. we can only pray. the kos have been better than expected so far, wales aside - though no real shame in their loss. it's too much to hope that england rise to the occassion. looking at the talent, you have to say the potential for glory is there. but we've been down this road too many times to risk a serious embrace for that possibility. if wishing could make it so.....

Unread 29-06-2021, 01:56 AM
Slice

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Today’s football has been magnificent, but I expect our brave 3 lions to raise the bar even higher

Come on germany, beat the bastards
This.

Unread 29-06-2021, 02:11 AM
jem

hope > expectation.

but... you know what? if nothing else, this week has already shown anything can happen. it would be amazing.

I mean...slice posted. one word, but still. I'm almost starting to believe.

nofers's grandad would be proud.

Unread 29-06-2021, 05:15 AM
Slice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
hope > expectation.

but... you know what? if nothing else, this week has already shown anything can happen. it would be amazing.

I mean...slice posted. one word, but still. I'm almost starting to believe.

nofers's grandad would be proud.
I will post 5 words if Germany win,

Unread 29-06-2021, 06:53 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice
I will post 5 words if Germany win,
:0)

Unread 29-06-2021, 07:35 AM
no fun

Just got up and I’m feeling a bit nervous about this

Come on lads, do it for grandad

Unread 29-06-2021, 07:35 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Just got up and I’m feeling a bit nervous about this

Come on lads, do it for grandad

Unread 29-06-2021, 07:47 AM
MUFC One Love

I struggle to be arsed about England so I may need world in motion and three lions on this afternoon.

I actually got into it in the world cup and enjoyed watching England play without fear and a freshness.

Just seems like the old ways this competition.

Unread 29-06-2021, 07:55 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
I struggle to be arsed about England so I may need world in motion and three lions on this afternoon.

I actually got into it in the world cup and enjoyed watching England play without fear and a freshness.

Just seems like the old ways this competition.
because southgate.
Closed Thread