United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Gaming

Unread 07-11-2018, 12:23 PM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl View Post
Been playing this for a good few hours (Kingdom Come Deliverance on PC)
I feel compelled to update, and say this game is getting a bit on my tits now.

"Healing" means going "home" and going to bed. Big chore. A big boring chore, especially as "fast travel" = zooming out to a map and watching a model of your character walking slowly to said home, and randomly being stopped and searched/attacked/whatevs or just getting stuck behind an npc walking in the opposite direction.

The free roam world is a bit boring as well. I hunted and shot a rabbit (I was dead chuffed, it was really hard), but the rabbit's corpse rolled off all the way down the hill and even though I chased it like a twat I lost it in the undergrowth.

rage quit. It's worth a few hours and 10 quid, no more

Unread 07-11-2018, 12:26 PM
TheFatGoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl View Post
I feel compelled to update, and say this game is getting a bit on my tits now.

"Healing" means going "home" and going to bed. Big chore. A big boring chore, especially as "fast travel" = zooming out to a map and watching a model of your character walking slowly to said home, and randomly being stopped and searched/attacked/whatevs or just getting stuck behind an npc walking in the opposite direction.

The free roam world is a bit boring as well. I hunted and shot a rabbit (I was dead chuffed, it was really hard), but the rabbit's corpse rolled off all the way down the hill and even though I chased it like a twat I lost it in the undergrowth.

rage quit. It's worth a few hours and 10 quid, no more
Think I'll pass

Cheers for the update

Unread 07-11-2018, 01:16 PM
Drexl

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth View Post
Think I'll pass

Cheers for the update
All in a day's work pal

Honestly think I'm done with gaming. I'm going to get a new hobby. After decades of playing, I'm off to the Official Fitness Thread

Unread 27-11-2018, 11:16 PM
Poop

Castlevania: The Adventure Rebirth

Never even knew it existed. It was digitally released on the Wii in 2009. Lovely old-school stuff. Only way to play it is emulation via Dolphin.

Unread 27-11-2018, 11:21 PM
elhombre

30th Anniversary Collection of the Street Fighter games on PS4....

every game they've ever made and lots of extras etc. including the designs and the background of the characters.

No way are any of the games worth more than a fiver on their own, but when you've got them all to dip in and out of, from the original right through to the last arcade incarnations, you can't help but get nostalgic, it really was a nice trip down memory lane.

brings me back to the 90s when my folks paid a fortune for the mega drive game and six button controller for my christmas present.

absolute pandemonium when Capcom leaked they were releasing it on the mega drive.

Unread 04-01-2019, 06:12 PM
Poop

The Takeover.

Good Lord, its an almost pixel by pixel rip off of Streets Of Rage 2 with plenty of Final Fight thrown in. Crazy fun, wave after wave of enemies and plenty of fisticuffs (and firearms) on offer. Real 90's arcade throwback stuff. Looks and sounds great too

It's 18 on Steam and is in Early Access, that is, currently in development but open to anyone who buys it. Latest build is way better than the early ones.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/418620/The_TakeOver/

Unread 08-01-2019, 04:21 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Who is on Xbox on here?
Managed to get myself an Xbox One S over the weekend so hoping to get online a lot more than I have over the last few years (Scholes Jnr nicked my PS4)

My gamertag is BigKnowles98

Unread 09-01-2019, 11:58 PM
Poop

Here's a charming little puzzler well worth checking out. Its on the PS store for a few quid but is ideally suited to the Switch (8)

The Art of Balance, premise is really simple, you get four or five blocks of wood, all different shapes, you slot them together trying to maintain balance and not let them fall into the water they are suspended above.

Like the best puzzlers, starts simple, gets pretty complex as things go on and you have nobody but yourself and little brain to blame as you become stuck.

200 levels, I've done 60 so far and only really got stuck on 3 of them.

Brilliant game

Unread 10-01-2019, 09:17 AM
Cream

Been playing Subnautica.

Not sure what the point is. The game wants you to build a base, but I'm already in a fucking base, ta.

I think the storyline is being eeked out every hour or so. Still none the wiser.

It looks great by the way.

Ok just watched the first minute of that and realised I've missed something painfully obvious.

Unread 12-01-2019, 11:39 PM
Poop

Jesus my fucking head. And eyes. Been playing Rez VR, that Area X level is as cool as interactive entertainment gets mind.

But my eyes, my lovely eyes. I can only imagine what it must be like playing it when stoned

*Edit,my monitor is fucking moving, I think I've done damage to them

Last edited by Poop; 12-01-2019 at 11:44 PM.