United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Off Topic
_
Closed Thread

Unread 12-09-2007, 01:32 PM
antonin jablonsky

Default I kinda hope England get beat tonight.

It aint a "top Redness" thing though. I just want to see the speed with which all the papers and media turn from the current "England have turned it round" nonsense to "McClaren out" and slating a squad lacking United scapegoats.

Unread 12-09-2007, 01:34 PM
MJ Ramone

I know what you mean, but England won't get beat tonight.
Russia are a decent side, but I think they'll bottle it a bit.

I'd like to see England f***-up for the reasons you give though.

Unread 12-09-2007, 01:37 PM
Smeggs

i hope they lose as always but then again i'm not english.

prob a narrow win though

Unread 12-09-2007, 01:37 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
I know what you mean, but England won't get beat tonight.
Russia are a decent side, but I think they'll bottle it a bit.

I'd like to see England f***-up for the reasons you give though.

I don't know anything about the Russian team.

Unread 12-09-2007, 01:38 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeggs
i hope they lose as always but then again i'm not english.

prob a narrow win though
I'm not English either, I'm normally fairly indifferent about it, same goes for Wales at football.

Unread 12-09-2007, 01:39 PM
armchair

I hope they win. They're very light on United players and a win will hopefully let that situation continue.

Unread 12-09-2007, 01:39 PM
dodger

1-1 and they'll drag the non qualification out to the bitter end

Unread 12-09-2007, 01:40 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
I hope they win. They're very light on United players and a win will hopefully let that situation continue.
True. I do hope that they drop Rio soon so we have no players in the team.

Unread 12-09-2007, 01:41 PM
Crumps

After all this 'we don't need united players' nonsense and the Mirror putting a picture of Carrick when they were talking average players yet talked about Gareth Barry as if he was world class I wouldn't mind at all if they got stuffed. Plenty of booing and lots of empty seats too.

Unread 12-09-2007, 01:41 PM
The Return of JC

I hope they win, but I won't be shedding any tears if they don't.

I am already thinking about United at the weekend.

Unread 12-09-2007, 01:43 PM
naes_sean

a nice boring draw will do me

Unread 12-09-2007, 01:44 PM
Smeggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I'm not English either, I'm normally fairly indifferent about it, same goes for Wales at football.
there was a period there when i was quite passionate about the national side in wales (pretty much when i was living in cardiff), i used to go to all the games at home and away a few times.

didn't go to united alot in those days either maybe 10 games a season or so. they have never been more important than united though.

international football doesn't really do it for me, i prob just flick around the channels when all the games are on tonight. i think russia are a technically good side and stand a decent chance of getting something.

spartak moscow have a fair few in the squad and i was impressed with their play v celtic.

Unread 12-09-2007, 01:46 PM
Smeggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
v good point. martin samuel on monday declared that owen and rooney can't play up top together and that the midfield should be a diamond of hargy, fat frank, gerrard and rooney.......!

the press around england are so ott.

Unread 12-09-2007, 01:47 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
After all this 'we don't need united players' nonsense and the Mirror putting a picture of Carrick when they were talking average players yet talked about Gareth Barry as if he was world class I wouldn't mind at all if they got stuffed. Plenty of booing and lots of empty seats too.

Has anyone actually said anything of the sort?

(I'm genuinely asking)

On another note, Michael Carrick is fast becoming one of the most underrated players in the country. It's mainly because he's understated and not particularly authoratative.

We're like that episode of Blackadder with Stephen Fry as the duke of Wellington:

'There's only one way to win a war - shout,shout and shout again.'

'So you don't think tactical ability has anything to do with it'.

'NO!! It's all down to SHOUTING!!'

Unread 12-09-2007, 01:50 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeggs
v good point. martin samuel on monday declared that owen and rooney can't play up top together and that the midfield should be a diamond of hargy, fat frank, gerrard and rooney.......!

the press around england are so ott.
I saw fat tw*t Steve Curry (who I think is actually a United fan) talking about how Rooney and Owen don't really suit each other and we need to find the best partner to get the best out of Michael Owen.

Er, since when is Michael Owen on the team sheet ahead of Wayne Rooney.

I don't hear anyone talking about how we can maybe squeeze Gerrard in to suit Lampard!?!?

No, you build your team around your best players. We should be looking at the player who compliments Rooney the most.

That team should be built around the captain (Terry) and the best player(s) (Rooney and Gerrard).

Unread 12-09-2007, 01:51 PM
The Real Roxanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC

(I'm genuinely asking)

On another note, Michael Carrick is fast becoming one of the most underrated players in the country. It's mainly because he's understated and not particularly authoratative.

We're like that episode of Blackadder with Stephen Fry as the duke of Wellington:

Caller to Talksport last night. "We need to stop relying on reputation players like Rooney, Carrick, Neville and Hargreaves. And I wasn't happy that they brought Phillip Neville* on at the weekend."

*I know, but it was like he was over-egging the pudding.

Unread 12-09-2007, 01:52 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC

(I'm genuinely asking)

On Ceefax, Talksport, 5Live, Teletext and sky text. The press aren't guilty just the usual abu Englanders.

Unread 12-09-2007, 01:52 PM
MJ Ramone

Well I'm English & I usually would want England to win tonight...not that I particuarly care or anything, but I do want them at the European Championships.
The thing is though, I'll raise a bit of a smirk if England are turned over tonight.

A leg break for Gerrard.
An appalling performance by Richards, Barry & Wright Phillips.
A donkey like mix-up between Cole & Heskey.

etc.

Just to f***ing annoy all the clueless c***s on TalkSport & the back page simpletons.

Unread 12-09-2007, 01:53 PM
Qwertyuiop

I hope England win because I'm English and I like watching international football.

Unread 12-09-2007, 01:55 PM
MUFC One Love

The ABUism just proves how we're the biggest club in the land.

Roxy's post confirms that. If someone is going to talk about relying on reputations the first player you would say is Lampard.

Hargreaves would be the LAST player you could say it about. He was crucified then was England's best player and has barely played for England since, just how is Hargreaves relying on reputation?
Closed Thread