United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-09-2007, 12:18 PM
Darth Vidic

Quote:
I remember thinking I'd be delighted if we got 4 points out of those too. Winning at Anfield was such a bonus and I hit the £#%&!ing roof when O'Shea rifled it in from, what, 35 yards?

It felt that good, anyway.
Good thing we won, was fuming that the ref bottled giving Saha the penalty

Blatant fuuking trip by Carragher or Agger or someone

VDS save that game from Crouchinho as well

Unread 12-09-2007, 12:19 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
I thought he was a class player and enjoyed watching him play for us. However, using him as a taget man against Arsenal, Liverpool and Lille was a mistake in my opinion.
It most certainly was.

I don't think anyone is denying the man is a class act, but we only really saw flashes of it and I don't think he was ever suited to our play. He is class, but he wasn't class for us.

Whichever way you look at it, it just didn't turn out to be the master stroke we suspected it would be.

Unread 12-09-2007, 12:22 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy Shrek
Making room for him instead of an in form Saha was not a good idea IMO. Our results stagnated and our performances worsened on the whole, there is no disputing he was a fine player and his first goal for the club was a beauty in terms of the quality and the expectation it gave us all.
Thought at the time it was a bad idea to cast Saha to the bench. I'm sure SAF was only conserving Balsa Boy but I'd imagine in the back of Saha's head he was thinking 'I'm being pushed aside while they have this @#%&! in' and 'Ow, my pockets hurt'.

Unread 12-09-2007, 12:23 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vidic
Good thing we won, was fuming that the ref bottled giving Saha the penalty

Blatant fuuking trip by Carragher or Agger or someone

VDS save that game from Crouchinho as well

Yes.

I remember Mourinho really dramatically applauding Cech for making two (relatively easy) saves in the Portsmouth game later that day, which Chelsea went on to win as a result.

It was one of those 'that's why he's the best in the world' moments.

Meanwhile, VDS's save was a bit of wonder save earlier that day and no one gave him any credit.

Apparently towards the end of last year VDS had a 'dip'. All I remember is two moments in a week where he parried the ball out instead of wide - wow, what a calamitous end, eh?

I don't think it was as prominant as title defining save at Anfield and a title sealing penalty save at City.

Unread 12-09-2007, 12:33 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy Shrek
Was he?

For two games, maybe. Do you remember Arsenal away? And many other games or that matter?
yes i do ..we were one up when he came off ............motwyw

Unread 12-09-2007, 12:43 PM
Fatboy Shrek

There was a reason Saha had to come on. Larsson wasn't touching the ball. Saha came on roughly 90 seconds before the goal, hardly enough time for an attacker to shape the way the defenders are playing. With an inability to hold the ball up, Arsenal were just attacking us, when we cleared it, it came straight back, surely you cant deny this?

Unread 12-09-2007, 12:43 PM
MUFC One Love

I'm upto January time.

One thing that you notice is how many games Fletcher played and played well!

Unread 12-09-2007, 12:47 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
I'm upto January time.

One thing that you notice is how many games Fletcher played and played well!
Fletcher did everything that was asked of him last year.

He has undoubtedly improved and his confidence benefits from a little faith and trust.

He's improved into a good sqaud player.

Unread 12-09-2007, 01:07 PM
MUFC

You also have to consider as well that we scored 4 goals away to Bolton, Spurs & Everton.

I don't think any other team in the league would have been able to do that. just goes to show how well we played last year. I wish they had shown more highlights of the Bolton away game, as by the time Rooney had scored the 1st, we should already have been 2 - 0 up!! We just tore them to shreds from the very 1st minute!

Unread 12-09-2007, 01:10 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC
You also have to consider as well that we scored 4 goals away to Bolton, Spurs & Everton.

I don't think any other team in the league would have been able to do that. just goes to show how well we played last year. I wish they had shown more highlights of the Bolton away game, as by the time Rooney had scored the 1st, we should already have been 2 - 0 up!! We just tore them to shreds from the very 1st minute!
I think that was the best, most complete performance of the season.

Some may argue Roma at home, but we conceded the away goal. You just can't do that in Europe these days.

Unread 12-09-2007, 01:41 PM
SilverSurfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
I think that was the best, most complete performance of the season.

Some may argue Roma at home, but we conceded the away goal. You just can't do that in Europe these days.
Yes, especially when you're 7-2 up on aggregate at home with 20 mins to go.
Closed Thread