United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Food and Drink
Closed Thread
 
Unread 09-08-2020, 03:40 PM
armchair
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Big Spring onion fan me.


Underated if anything in the West.
I buy two bunches every shop for stir-fries.
 
Unread 09-08-2020, 03:42 PM
measlyshark
 
Default



Kamado smoked, extra large, locally sourced free range chicken.
 
Unread 09-08-2020, 03:44 PM
Bunker Buster
 
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
I buy two bunches every shop for stir-fries.
spring onion reds....

Lifts any dish....
 
Unread 09-08-2020, 03:47 PM
measlyshark
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
spring onion reds....

Lifts any dish....
French onion soup?
 
Unread 09-08-2020, 03:47 PM
armchair
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
spring onion reds....

Lifts any dish....
I see the asians often use the entire spring onion in cooking but I was raised to just use the mainly white hard bit.

Do you use the entire stem?
 
Unread 09-08-2020, 03:49 PM
Bunker Buster
 
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
I see the asians often use the entire spring onion in cooking but I was raised to just use the mainly white hard bit.

Do you use the entire stem?
Hell no.

Just the white bit cut into tiny little ovals...
 
Unread 09-08-2020, 03:59 PM
ray jackson
 
Default

You don't use the dark green bits at the top? Best bit, chop finely and throw in towards the end of cooking fried rice etc.
 
Unread 09-08-2020, 04:00 PM
armchair
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Hell no.

Just the white bit cut into tiny little ovals...
My main stir fry is that, chillies, garlic, ginger, steak and a mixture of light and dark soy sauce, oyster sauce and rice wine vinegar marinate. nom nom nom.
 
Unread 09-08-2020, 04:00 PM
Bunker Buster
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray jackson
You don't use the dark green bits at the top? Best bit, chop finely and throw in towards of cooking fried rice etc.
Habit i guess, I'll try tnrw

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
My main stir fry is that, chillies, garlic, ginger, steak and a mixture of light and dark soy sauce, oyster sauce and rice wine vinegar marinate. nom nom nom.
Starving now !!!! Steak strip stor fry is life
 
Unread 09-08-2020, 04:02 PM
armchair
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray jackson
You don't use the dark green bits at the top? Best bit, chop finely and throw in towards the end of cooking fried rice etc.
What's it like, chives? I never use it but saw some asian yoube cooking video use it and not even finely chopped.
 
Unread 09-08-2020, 04:05 PM
Baron
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by measlyshark


Kamado smoked, extra large, locally sourced free range chicken.
Looks legit, interesting to see you do it on direct heat though. I find a foil tray with water in directly under the bird helps to create that convection cook. A half full can of beer up itís jacksy with extra holes punctured in it makes a supremely succulent bird 👌🏻
 
Unread 09-08-2020, 04:08 PM
ray jackson
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
What's it like, chives? I never use it but saw some asian yoube cooking video use it and not even finely chopped.
Yeah i suppose a bit, it's oniony but milder than the white bit. I only chop it fine as i throw it in at the death and like it that way, if you did bigger pieces you could throw in anytime.
 
Unread 09-08-2020, 04:08 PM
ScarFace
 
Default

Why would you throw away the green?
Only bit you chuck is the hair at the end.

Cheesy scrambled eggs with spring onions is very good.
 
Unread 09-08-2020, 04:27 PM
measlyshark
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Looks legit, interesting to see you do it on direct heat though. I find a foil tray with water in directly under the bird helps to create that convection cook. A half full can of beer up itís jacksy with extra holes punctured in it makes a supremely succulent bird 👌🏻
I did it that way last time and f***ed it up. Tried it this time at 400F for a couple of hours, about to tuck in but looks good so far.
 
Unread 09-08-2020, 04:28 PM
Spock
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Why would you throw away the green?
Only bit you chuck is the hair at the end.

Cheesy scrambled eggs with spring onions is very good.


this and this

that curry looked fantastic btw
 
Unread 09-08-2020, 04:33 PM
ScarFace
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
[/b]
this and this

that curry looked fantastic btw
This guy knows !
 
Unread 09-08-2020, 04:42 PM
believe
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Looks legit, interesting to see you do it on direct heat though. I find a foil tray with water in directly under the bird helps to create that convection cook. A half full can of beer up itís jacksy with extra holes punctured in it makes a supremely succulent bird 👌🏻
Reminds me of some pof dates.
 
Unread 09-08-2020, 05:02 PM
Jack Duckworth
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Reminds me of some pof dates.
 
Unread 09-08-2020, 05:03 PM
Sparky***
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
reminds me of some pof dates.
 
Unread 09-08-2020, 05:08 PM
elhombre
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Reminds me of some pof dates.
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
Similar Threads for: Whats for Tea: CORONA LOCKDOWN SPECIAL
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Celebs with Corona ScarFace News, Current Affairs & Politics 304 09-05-2020 08:09 AM
Best Corona related Movies ScarFace TV / Film / Books / Arts 65 06-04-2020 08:56 PM
Paris on lockdown windy waffles News, Current Affairs & Politics 49 09-12-2018 05:24 PM
I have developed a taste for Corona MethodMan Off Topic 8 19-10-2007 02:35 PM
All times are GMT. The time now is 11:47 AM.

Copyright ©2006 - 2023 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.