United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-05-2007, 08:58 AM
elephantstone

Default End of season review - Your thoughts

1. How was your season?

2. Happy with the Ferie/Carlos management team?

3. Who were the stars - and who flopped?

4. Who were the best, and worst, away fans?

5. Top hate figure at another club?

6. Top five best opposition players?

Unread 08-05-2007, 09:05 AM
antonin jablonsky

1. How was your season? Surprising.

2. Happy with the Ferie/Carlos management team? Yup.

3. Who were the stars - and who flopped? To many to name as stars. Saha was the major flop.

4. Who were the best, and worst, away fans? Thought they were all shite

5. Top hate figure at another club? Jamie Carragher and Fat F£#%&!

6. Top five best opposition players? Don't care, though Essien is very good.

Unread 08-05-2007, 09:07 AM
puressence

1 hardly been and not missed it as much as i thought i would

2 ferie out

3 ronnie , scholesy , vidic , evra pre xmas ..
fletcher in europe

flops richardson , smith , silvestre , the pole in goal ..

4 worst city ..
5 fowler

6 gattuso , kaka , anelka , gerrard , toure , essien

Unread 08-05-2007, 09:08 AM
808state

1. How was your season?
Strange. First one since 1997 that i haven't done every game - good time to slow down eh?!

I suppose you have to be - look at the results. Still clueless in Europe tho!

Ronnie and Vidic have stood out, Fletcher most improved, special mention to Johnny Spark as a bit part player.
The sooner Richardson £#%&!s off the better - think back to his attitude at Crewe and Southend, to actually looking useful during the run in when he realised he can get himself some Premiership bling.

Roma turning out in such numbers amazed me - every Italian restaurant in the North must have been closed. No one stood out as particularly good. The majority have been raised on a soccer Am diet of 'Footy' and belong on a sunshine bus.

Liverpool FC. Always.

6. Top five best opposition players
Kaka, Gattuso, Pirlo, Nesta, Essien

Unread 08-05-2007, 09:09 AM
Whalefish

1. Ok ta, thanks for asking.

2. Yes.

3. Stars - Vidic, Rio, Evra, Scholes, Ronnie, Rooney, Carrick and Giggs. Flops - Heinze and Saha (for showing his arse over the Henrik signing and his piss weak mental attitude).

4. Only attended a handful of home games this season thanks to the nipper. Not for me to comment tbh.

5. Personally, I cannot stand Jamie Carragher and John Terry. Drogba isn't far off though for all his histrionics and Mikel's forehead is a minor irritation.

6. Essien, Ricardo Carvalho, Cesc Fabregas, Kolo Toure and Gary O'Neil.

I couldn't think of a fifth from this season but O'Neil has always played well when we've come up against Pompey. Underrated player IMO.

If I was to pick a player from Europe, De Rossi in the first leg vs Roma, Kaka/Gattuso/Nesta/Seedorf from both Milan games. Makoun was good in the two Lille matches as well.

Unread 08-05-2007, 09:11 AM
elephantstone

1. How was your season? Champions! on course for a double.

2. Happy with the Ferie/Carlos management team? Yes Fergie seems to have the passion back after the rock of Gibraltar £#%&! up and others

3. Who were the stars - and who flopped? Ronnie, Sholes, Rooney, Carrick, Vidic - the flop was Heinze as he was piss poor

4. Who were the best, and worst, away fans? Sheff Utd at OT and the worst Bolton

5. Top hate figure at another club? Drogba, diving @#%&!, decent player but will be remembered for his diving

6. Top five best opposition players? Essien, Berbatov, Arteta, Dawson, Ben Foster

Unread 08-05-2007, 09:15 AM
Stretters

1. Better than expected, (when do next seasons fixtures come out)

2. Yeah, god job all round hats off to them both

3. Everyone played a part, some suprised more than others

4. Milan best away fans turning and applauding us was a nice moment in Italy

5. All of them I hate all the bastards

6. Dont like this question ill come back to it later

Unread 08-05-2007, 09:19 AM
Skag Trendy

1. How was your season? Enjoyable,test of nerves at times,some of the best football we have played in years.

2. Happy with the Ferie/Carlos management team? Yes,Carlos for next manager .

3. Who were the stars - and who flopped? Ronaldo,Vidic,VDS,Rio wouldnt say anyone flopped as such.Everyone played their part in someway.

4. Who were the best, and worst, away fans? Bolton and Chelsea,still dunno why they seem to think we are their big rivals.

5. Top hate figure at another club? Ashley Cole and now Michael Ball

6. Top five best opposition players? Fernandes,Berbatov,Cahill,Gamst-Pedersen,Fabergas

Unread 08-05-2007, 09:22 AM
dakpul

1. stupid question
2. very happy
3. ronaldo, giggs, carrick, scholes, fletcher were the stars brown, saha, heinze flopped.
4. best either spurs or west ham worst wigan.
5. henry
6. essien, berbatov, tevez, carragher, cahill

Unread 08-05-2007, 09:39 AM
King Schlong

Thumbs up

1. How was your season?

Much better than expected. Still buzzing, and im that £#%&!ed from the weekends celebrations that i've had to have a day off work today.

There isn't nobody better

Ronaldo by a mile. Rooney, Vidic, Evra, Scholes. Special mention to Fletch and O'shea, did everything what was asked of them when they were brought into the side. Can't ask for much more from squad players.

Flops - Saha after a good start to the season, bit of a contraversial one here but giggs hasn't impressed me at all since christmas bar the roma game. Heinze has been terrible.

Roma fans were game , worst goes to the geordies.

Joey Barton - @#%&!!

Kaka, Gattuso, Essien, Drogba and Cech.

Unread 08-05-2007, 10:11 AM
Gog Coch

Could do better.
Must do better.

Unread 08-05-2007, 10:16 AM
MUFC One Love

1. How was your season? Loved it. Played brilliant football and have been the best team all season.

2. Happy with the Ferie/Carlos management team? Yes, only because Fergie £#%&!ed Carlos off and took the reigns properly again.

3. Who were the stars - and who flopped? Ronaldo, Carrick, Rooney, Vidic, Rio and Evra. Flopped - Saha, I'm a big fan but he clearly doesn't have the mental ability to be the main striker at United. Heinze has had some very bad games.

4. Who were the best, and worst, away fans?Most were shite.

5. Top hate figure at another club? Lampard, Terry, 'Carra'.

6. Top five best opposition players? Fabregas, Essien, Berbatov, McCarthy, Tevez,

Unread 08-05-2007, 10:38 AM
carlosartorial

1. How was your season? Great. Expensive but great.

2. Happy with the Ferie/Carlos management team? Yes. But wtf were you playing at last season?

3. Who were the stars - and who flopped? Ronaldo, Vidic, Evra. No one flopped really, even the crap players did well when required. Saha needs £#%&!ing off.

4. Who were the best, and worst, away fans? All rubbish. Football fans are mainly total dicks. Though I was impressed with Charlton last night.

5. Top hate figure at another club? Man City and Liverpool. All of them.

6. Top five best opposition players? Essien, Terry, Fabregas, Pirlo, Gerrard

Unread 08-05-2007, 10:49 AM
Rhodzy

1. How was your season? Brilliant

2. Happy with the Ferie/Carlos management team? Yes

3. Who were the stars - and who flopped? Vidic, Evra, Ronaldo, Scholes, Rio, Giggs and Rooney

4. Who were the best, and worst, away fans? All shit

5. Top hate figure at another club? Mikel, Lampard, Henry, Gerrard

6. Top five best opposition players? Gattuso, Kaka, Freidel, Fabregas, Essien

Unread 08-05-2007, 10:50 AM
rebelcountyred

1. How was your season? it didn't turn out anything like i expected, very pessimistic at the start of the season, United at times have been a joy to watch and i am so proud of them.

2. Happy with the Ferie/Carlos management team? Wasn't sure about fergie at the start of the season, seemed to have taken his eye off the ball and was making some questionable decisions, proved utterly wrong of course. Carlos took a lot of criticism over tactics and rightly so, at the same time he deserves credit for his input this season, i'm rather undecided about him.

3. Who were the stars - and who flopped? The stars for me were Vidic, Rio, Scholesy, Giggs, Evra, Rooney and Ronaldo, honourary mention for fletcher, oshea and vds, flops were heinze, brown, tweety and lord snooty.

4. Who were the best, and worst, away fans? they're all cuuuunts innit?

5. Top hate figure at another club? ball, snidey no-mark @#%&!

6. Top five best opposition players? essien, drogba, carragher , berbatov, tevez

Unread 08-05-2007, 12:06 PM
Fuzz

1. How was your season? It easily exceeded my expectations!

2. Happy with the Fergie/Carlos management team? Yes, although Fergie needs to bring someone else in to help him win the Champions League.

3. Who were the stars - and who flopped? Ronaldo, Vidic, Ferdinand, Scholes and Evra were the stars. Saha and Heinze the flops.

4. Who were the best, and worst, away fans? Nobody stands out as being particularly good. The scousers were the worst - silent for pretty much the entire game apart from a couple of Munich chants.

5. Top hate figure at another club? Mourihno.

6. Top five best opposition players? Kaka, Gattusso, Essien, Drogba, Fabregas.

Unread 08-05-2007, 12:25 PM
Yo Adrian!

1. How was your season? A brilliant bonus! I was expecting this team to gel next season, but Fergie got them playing the Manchester United way with real consistency.

2. Happy with the Ferie/Carlos management team? Yes, for the above reason. Although I do wish they'd £#%&! the 4-5-1 system off!

3. Who were the stars - and who flopped? Stars: Ronnie, Rooney, Rio, Vidic, Evra, Scholes, Giggs - and O'Pie! Flops: Richardson = @#%&!. Heinze has been the shadow of the player who joined us. Saha - for being unfit physically and mentally.

4. Who were the best, and worst, away fans? Hate all other fans.. the shit-throwers were very, very quiet at OT this season.

5. Top hate figure at another club? A.Cole. Terry, Lampard. Carragher, Gerard. Henry. Barton.

6. Top five best opposition players? Essien. Matt Taylor. Adebayour at OT.

Unread 08-05-2007, 02:19 PM
Brenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
1. How was your season? Pleasantly surprising. If you'd told me at the start of the season that we would be challenging for a treble this year, I would have questioned your sanity

2. Happy with the Ferie/Carlos management team? Yes - the football this season compared to last has been miles better. Pleased for them both as they have both taken some personal stick over the last couple of years. Fergie still pisses me off tactically in European games though...

3. Who were the stars - and who flopped? Vidic, Ronny, Scholesy & Wobbly Gob stood out most for for me. No real blatant flops, but I have to say I was disappointed with Heinze, (who isn't the player he was), and Mr Bump, who seems to have an aversion to playing football

4. Who were the best, and worst, away fans? Best - Probably Celtic; Worst - Scousers

5. Top hate figure at another club? Onereeeee the moody big-time arrogant @#%&!

6. Top five best opposition players? The 5 players I enjoyed watching this season were: Kaka; De Rossi; Essien; Fabregas & Bentley

Unread 08-05-2007, 02:21 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
1. How was your season?

I think you owe "The Observer" some money for breach of copyright.

Unread 08-05-2007, 02:25 PM
no fun

1. How was your season? dreadful - my emotional health has taken a battering, cant go through that again

2. Happy with the Ferie/Carlos management team? - as happy as harknowhear upon receipt of an overpaid giro

3. Who were the stars - and who flopped? - stars - ronaldo, vidic, carrick / flops - lord snooty, saha

4. Who were the best, and worst, away fans? best - sheff utd / worst - murderers

5. Top hate figure at another club? robert fowler

6. Top five best opposition players? berbatov, kaka, totti, sissoko, hleb
Closed Thread