United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
-
Closed Thread
 
Unread 04-05-2007, 04:47 PM
Father Christmas
 
Default So if Liverpool beat Milan that means..

the scousers are waaaaaaay better than us. Because after all as so many of you were saying after Wednesday's match Milan showed in that one-off match at home in the pouring rain in a game specifically prepared for against a United side with 3 of the normal back four missing - well they showed they are waaaaaaay better than United didn't they?

So if Liverpool beat Milan on a neutral ground it will show they are better than Milan and therefore waaaaaaaay better then United.

Remember it's one-off matches that matter not performance over a whole season.
 
Unread 04-05-2007, 04:50 PM
Toilet sniffer V
 
Default

You've always backed Fergie. Will you now admit that we were shite and have contimually been shite in Europe for all but 1 of the past 20 years?

Stop trying to cloud the issue by saying it was a one off game. We went into it needing a draw and got hammered.
 
Unread 04-05-2007, 04:52 PM
Fountz
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Christmas
the scousers are waaaaaaay better than us. Because after all as so many of you were saying after Wednesday's match Milan showed in that one-off match at home in the pouring rain in a game specifically prepared for against a United side with 3 of the normal back four missing - well they showed they are waaaaaaay better than United didn't they?

So if Liverpool beat Milan on a neutral ground it will show they are better than Milan and therefore waaaaaaaay better then United.

Remember it's one-off matches that matter not performance over a whole season.
Sounds like you're trying to convince yourself more than anyone else my friend.
 
Unread 04-05-2007, 05:00 PM
Father Christmas
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet sniffer V
You've always backed Fergie. Will you now admit that we were shite and have contimually been shite in Europe for all but 1 of the past 20 years?

Stop trying to cloud the issue by saying it was a one off game. We went into it needing a draw and got hammered.
Barcelona lost at home to Liverpool - they must be waaaaaaay behind the scousers - just not in the same class. We needed points off West Ham but got nothing - they must be waaaaaaay better than us - f*** me it's not even close.
 
Unread 04-05-2007, 05:01 PM
Toilet sniffer V
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Christmas
Barcelona lost at home to Liverpool - they must be waaaaaaay behind the scousers - just not in the same class. We needed points off West Ham but got nothing - they must be waaaaaaay better than us - f*** me it's not even close.

Nobody has suggested anything of the sort.



Yet another limp performance away from home in Europe. Focus on the issue at hand.
 
Unread 04-05-2007, 05:04 PM
Father Christmas
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet sniffer V
Nobody has suggested anything of the sort.



Yet another limp performance away from home in Europe. Focus on the issue at hand.
On the verge of winning the League overcoming the most powerful financial force in the history of football - that's the issue.

ALEX FERGUSON = LEGEND
 
Unread 04-05-2007, 05:04 PM
thatsfuctit
 
Default

buy bacofoil shares
 
Unread 04-05-2007, 05:28 PM
MUFC One Love
 
Default

I'm going to focus on the issue. Manchester United could win the title this weekend and complete a double in a couple of weeks.

Thank you.
 
Unread 04-05-2007, 05:29 PM
Toilet sniffer V
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Christmas
On the verge of winning the League overcoming the most powerful financial force in the history of football - that's the issue.

ALEX FERGUSON = LEGEND
OK I'm convinced. It was putting it in big letters that did it. Just out of interest, how many more times can we fail in Europe before you'd want the legend replaced?
 
Unread 04-05-2007, 05:32 PM
Grimson
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Christmas
the scousers are waaaaaaay better than us. Because after all as so many of you were saying after Wednesday's match Milan showed in that one-off match at home in the pouring rain in a game specifically prepared for against a United side with 3 of the normal back four missing - well they showed they are waaaaaaay better than United didn't they?

So if Liverpool beat Milan on a neutral ground it will show they are better than Milan and therefore waaaaaaaay better then United.

Remember it's one-off matches that matter not performance over a whole season.
Milan were way better than us ON THE NIGHT.

You aren't really debating this, are you?

No matter what happens in Athens, it won't change that fact. Naturally, on a neutral ground and in decent weather, and with our back four healthy, it would have been a much different game.
 
Unread 04-05-2007, 05:33 PM
Whip Hubley
 
Default

in my eyes it was the lack of a decent squad that was our downfall. we were f***ing knackered out there on that pitch and it showed. 56 games is it so far this season? and a relatively consistent first 11, injuries aside, in every one.
 
Unread 04-05-2007, 06:51 PM
Father Christmas
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet sniffer V
OK I'm convinced. It was putting it in big letters that did it. Just out of interest, how many more times can we fail in Europe before you'd want the legend replaced?
So if we win the League but get knocked out of the semis of CL the manager should go? Errr OK...
 
Unread 04-05-2007, 06:55 PM
Toilet sniffer V
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Christmas
So if we win the League but get knocked out of the semis of CL the manager should go? Errr OK...
There comes a time when a manager has taken the team as far as he can take it. Curbishly did really well at Charlton but his time came to an end as he could take them no further. If we fail year after year are you seriously saying a team like United should not do what is necessary to try and win the EC?
 
Unread 04-05-2007, 06:57 PM
Ed Sullivan
 
Default

Fergie is a legend in my eyes. There's no doubt about it, he's given us more success than we would ever have imagined and we will always be thankfull, the mans brilliant...

but does anyone find the 'I love Fergie' brigade a bit homoerotic?

they seem to go out their way to bum fergie.
 
Unread 04-05-2007, 06:57 PM
Whip Hubley
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet sniffer V
There comes a time when a manager has taken the team as far as he can take it. Curbishly did really well at Charlton but his time came to an end as he could take them no further. If we fail year after year are you seriously saying a team like United should not do what is necessary to try and win the EC?
i think point being though in these circumstances it's not all down to the manager. i've not been fergies biggest lover, especially the past few seasons but what he's done with the squad this season has been brilliant. calling for his head cos we lost in milan is a bit ott.
 
Unread 04-05-2007, 06:59 PM
Toilet sniffer V
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
i think point being though in these circumstances it's not all down to the manager. i've not been fergies biggest lover, especially the past few seasons but what he's done with the squad this season has been brilliant. calling for his head cos we lost in milan is a bit ott.
I don't think anyone's calling for his head just due to the Milan game.
 
Unread 04-05-2007, 07:04 PM
Whip Hubley
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet sniffer V
I don't think anyone's calling for his head just due to the Milan game.
yeah but it seems that way cos these posts only seem to start when we lose
 
Unread 04-05-2007, 07:07 PM
Toilet sniffer V
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
yeah but it seems that way cos these posts only seem to start when we lose
And when we win we get the "where are the Fergie out c***s now?" threads. It's a continual cycle set up by the aliens* running the planet to keep us occupied while they r*pe the earth of it's natural resources.


*aliens might actually be Americans.
 
Unread 04-05-2007, 07:12 PM
Whip Hubley
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet sniffer V
And when we win we get the "where are the Fergie out c***s now?" threads. It's a continual cycle set up by the aliens* running the planet to keep us occupied while they r*pe the earth of it's natural resources.


*aliens might actually be Americans.


well yeah but that's by people who don't know any better

i just don't see what benefit could be had by getting rid of SAF. who would you replace him with, in all seriousness? o'neill? i fully agree our away form in europe is shite but i think there was more to wednesday than that.
 
Unread 04-05-2007, 07:16 PM
Toilet sniffer V
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
well yeah but that's by people who don't know any better

i just don't see what benefit could be had by getting rid of SAF. who would you replace him with, in all seriousness? o'neill? i fully agree our away form in europe is shite but i think there was more to wednesday than that.

As I always say

Lippi
Hughes
Rijkaard
Mourinho.

I know, I know. You don't need to tell me about the last one and his formations, style and the fact he's f***ed in the head.
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
Similar Threads for: So if Liverpool beat Milan that means..
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
liverpool getting beat 1MUFC Football 22 24-10-2007 09:03 PM
we f***ing have to beat milan now jem Football 19 01-05-2007 10:16 PM
Personally I hope AC Milan beat us home and away. Toilet sniffer V Football 2 11-04-2007 09:17 PM
I think United will beat liverpool on sat Child of Darkness Football 19 01-03-2007 01:49 PM
All times are GMT. The time now is 01:56 PM.

Copyright 2006 - 2023 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.