United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Off Topic

Unread 02-11-2020, 12:25 PM
Zorg

Supermarket shelf stackers doing their jobs, providing the things I might want to buy. Move out of the way ffs

Unread 02-11-2020, 12:30 PM
Jethro

The lack of spare tyres on new cars. What a stupid f***ing idea and it's ruined my weekend. Had to stay over night Matlock. Day off completely buggered.

Unread 02-11-2020, 01:40 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Supermarket shelf stackers doing their jobs, providing the things I might want to buy. Move out of the way ffs
Absolutely hate them. Also, thereís one guy whoís such a joy/super spreader because he will bag your shopping up at the till in something akin to an artistic expression of the self through dance, and itís made me hate the others because they just give you the bag to do it yourself. Found myself absolutely seething last night.

Unread 02-11-2020, 06:48 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
The lack of spare tyres on new cars. What a stupid f***ing idea and it's ruined my weekend. Had to stay over night Matlock. Day off completely buggered.
Having to stay in Matlock is bad enough tbf.

Unread 03-11-2020, 03:12 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
a delivery coming in the second half of the notified delivery slot hour, i.e. on time.
Got a delivery coming today between 2pm - 6pm.

f***ing FUMIN' it's not here yet.

Unread 03-11-2020, 03:40 PM
Jack Duckworth

new technology in cars.

i've just driven my missus' new car for the first time and it wouldn't let me start the engine and drive off until i'd pressed about 19 f***ing buttons and put my foot on the brake i was f***ing raging before i'd even left the drive

give me my 12 year old shit heap any day of the week. turn key, put into first, and drive off.

Unread 03-11-2020, 03:57 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
Got a delivery coming today between 2pm - 6pm.

f***ing FUMIN' it's not here yet.

I'd be seething if still wasn't here at 4....?

Unread 03-11-2020, 03:59 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
new technology in cars.

i've just driven my missus' new car for the first time and it wouldn't let me start the engine and drive off until i'd pressed about 19 f***ing buttons and put my foot on the brake i was f***ing raging before i'd even left the drive

give me my 12 year old shit heap any day of the week. turn key, put into first, and drive off.
hmmm. in manual older cars you have to hold the clutch and turn the key....

in newer cars you hold the brake and press a big button that says START

Unread 03-11-2020, 04:15 PM
no fun

Quote:
new technology .
Amended

Unread 03-11-2020, 04:21 PM
Sapien

Quote:
new technology in cars.

Sounds like the ghost immobiliser. Supposed to be a highly effective deterrent to car theft.

Unfortunately means it's also nigh on impossible to start the car yourself, so it's swings and roundabouts really.

Unread 03-11-2020, 04:23 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878

I'd be seething if still wasn't here at 4....?
4:20 ...... it arrived at 4:20.

Unacceptable.

I'm LIVID.

Unread 03-11-2020, 09:11 PM
est.1878

Quote:
4:20 ...... it arrived at 4:20.

Unacceptable.

I'm LIVID.

Intolerant of car chat in any form but any mention of 0-60 speed makes me want to blow my brains out

Unread 03-11-2020, 09:47 PM
MUFC One Love

People who talk really loud to their kids in public trying to show they are top parents or something. Over explaining everything.

We get it, now f*** off.

Unread 03-11-2020, 10:14 PM
Why Don?

People smiling at me when I don't want them to and not smiling when I do want them to.

Unread 03-11-2020, 11:14 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
immovable shower heads in hotels.
Do you try and steal them then?

Unread 04-11-2020, 12:10 AM
TravellingRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
hmmm. in manual older cars you have to hold the clutch and turn the key....
No you don't

Anyway agree on new cars, also impossible to fix yourself without a degree in IT. When my 14 year old truck finally gives up the ghost I'm going to be genuinely upset.

Unread 04-11-2020, 12:35 AM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravellingRed
No you don't

Anyway agree on new cars, also impossible to fix yourself without a degree in IT. When my 14 year old truck finally gives up the ghost I'm going to be genuinely upset.
Has he just not figured out neutral? I tend to turn the key with the clutch in and in first.

Unread 04-11-2020, 12:46 AM
TravellingRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Has he just not figured out neutral? I tend to turn the key with the clutch in and in first.
I think the poor lads just a bit of a simpleton tbf
The only manual I've driven where you have to pit the clutch in to start it is a transit we have at work and it's about 3 years old.

Unread 04-11-2020, 08:39 AM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravellingRed
No you don't

Iíve always engaged the clutch when starting a car. Not because you have to in order to start it, but cos years ago someone told me that it puts less strain on the battery/starter motor/engine. No idea if this is true.

Unread 04-11-2020, 09:15 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Iíve always engaged the clutch when starting a car. Not because you have to in order to start it, but cos years ago someone told me that it puts less strain on the battery/starter motor/engine. No idea if this is true.
It's not

I always leave cars in gear, sends the Mrs potty...