United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Off Topic

Unread 10-09-2020, 06:39 AM
Patty_b

Windows update.

Great that it keeps my protection up to date, not so great that it automatically restarts my PC without warning, even when it's in sleep mode, and loses half of my work from the previous day.

Shite.

Unread 10-09-2020, 06:51 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Windows update.

Great that it keeps my protection up to date, not so great that it automatically restarts my PC without warning, even when it's in sleep mode, and loses half of my work from the previous day.

Shite.

sounds like someone didnt configure Windows update to ask before restarting on all updates. For example, i've switched the PC on this morning, its told me i need to restart

all on you that Patteh

Unread 10-09-2020, 07:04 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's

sounds like someone didnt configure Windows update to ask before restarting on all updates. For example, i've switched the PC on this morning, its told me i need to restart

all on you that Patteh

I thought I had but it must have been on my home PC.

Even then I didn't think it would do it while asleep. Woke itself up and f***ed me over.

Unread 10-09-2020, 10:28 AM
windy waffles

The ever-increasing and longer ads on youtube which are appearing to try and annoy you so much that you joined their premium, ad-free service.

Unread 10-09-2020, 10:36 AM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's

all on you that Patteh
Yup.

PICNIC.

Unread 11-09-2020, 11:18 AM
MUFC One Love

How many c***s still use their phone whilst driving. See loads of people looking down at their phone.

Unread 11-09-2020, 11:34 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
The ever-increasing and longer ads on youtube which are appearing to try and annoy you so much that you joined their premium, ad-free service.
I'm quietly seething about this. But also quietly pleased that I wasnt just imagining it.

Unread 11-09-2020, 11:35 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
How many c***s still use their phone whilst driving. See loads of people looking down at their phone.
Saw someone on their phone while driving and they also had a mask on.

Because, you know, you can't be too careful.

Unread 11-09-2020, 03:09 PM
utd99

The last knockings of a squeezy tomato sauce or mayo bottle when all you get is air and blood splatter.

Unread 11-09-2020, 03:14 PM
liamb123

Quote:
6 second (1 of 2) ads at best on pretty much every video now. Fuming

If it's a 15 seconder then I close and re-open until it plays without having to sit through it. Even if it takes about 10 attempts

Unread 11-09-2020, 04:38 PM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by liamb123
6 second (1 of 2) ads at best on pretty much every video now. Fuming

If it's a 15 seconder then I close and re-open until it plays without having to sit through it. Even if it takes about 10 attempts
Winning

Unread 11-09-2020, 04:48 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
this.

f***ing hell it does my head in.

Unread 11-09-2020, 11:20 PM
fangorn

People replying to the latest post on a forum to sound smart & witty, when they've no considered response at all really.

Unread 12-09-2020, 04:17 AM
guerreiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by fangorn
People replying to the latest post on a forum to sound smart & witty, when they've no considered response at all really.
Is this meta?

Unread 12-09-2020, 07:06 AM
Street Magician

Commoners who call 'Dinner' Tea, FFS!

Unread 12-09-2020, 08:41 AM
TravellingRed

Trolls who try too hard to get a rise and fail then continue the same approach ad infinitum.

Unread 12-09-2020, 08:43 AM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravellingRed
Trolls who try too hard to get a rise and fail then continue the same approach ad infinitum.

Unread 12-09-2020, 01:24 PM
dunk

Webpage redirects. Should be illegal imo. Horrific practice. Adverts are one thing, but opening 2-3 new pages of balls with any sort of click on the page you are trying to use as well, get f***ed.

Unread 12-09-2020, 01:51 PM
est.1878

People juggling in a park

Unread 12-09-2020, 05:51 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
At least you get a bit of "variety" these days, rather than them just being for Grammarly