United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Off Topic

Unread 02-09-2020, 01:43 PM
Sparky***

People who don't have time for other people in their life.

If you're constantly chasing your tail and you don't have half an hour in your day to talk to friends on the phone or catch up with your own family (outside of your household) then you need to take a look at how you're prioritising in your life.

These are usually people who just endlessly moan about their lot. Like, why don't you take steps to make your life better then? This isn't a rehearsal, pal. You get one go at this. Why the f*** are you wasting your few good years on this earth being miserable?

If you dropped dead tomorrow your job would replace you by the end of the week. Nobody sits on their death bed thinking "oh i wish i'd worked a couple of more shifts".

Unread 02-09-2020, 01:48 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

If you're constantly chasing your tail and you don't have half an hour in your day to talk to friends on the phone or catch up with your own family (outside of your household) then you need to take a look at how you're prioritising in your life.

These are usually people who just endlessly moan about their lot. Like, why don't you take steps to make your life better then? This isn't a rehearsal, pal. You get one go at this. Why the f*** are you wasting your few good years on this earth being miserable?

If you dropped dead tomorrow your job would replace you by the end of the week. Nobody sits on their death bed thinking "oh i wish i'd worked a couple of more shifts".
Absolutely mate.

The same people who piss and moan about not having time are often the ones who idly whittle it away on their phones, wasting energy on toxic relationships or shoveling shit down their throats and then just watching telly.

You're not busy, you're just doing it wrong.

And if you don't like it, change it.

Unread 02-09-2020, 02:03 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Absolutely mate.

The same people who piss and moan about not having time are often the ones who idly whittle it away on their phones, wasting energy on toxic relationships or shoveling shit down their throats and then just watching telly.

You're not busy, you're just doing it wrong.

And if you don't like it, change it.
Gardening has been a revelation for me. Always thought it was an old ladyís game. Which it is, not had my mam off the phone since I started knowing my hostas from my hydrangeas.

Keeps you fit, improves your home, provides you with a new hobby. Iíve even managed to make friends with a robin redbreast.

Typed on a mobile device from my bed.

Unread 02-09-2020, 02:20 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:

paging irony to the match threads. that's irony to the match threads. thank you.

Unread 02-09-2020, 02:39 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
paging irony to the match threads. that's irony to the match threads. thank you.

Sparky.
Total posts :139,168
Posts per day : 27.62

Unread 02-09-2020, 02:42 PM
guerreiro

Horror films. Absolutely pointless, why would you want to be tense and nervous for 2 hours of supposed relaxing time?

Havenít seen one since Blair Witch

Unread 02-09-2020, 03:16 PM
measlyshark

Quote:

Unread 02-09-2020, 04:00 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Gardening has been a revelation for me. Always thought it was an old ladyís game. Which it is, not had my mam off the phone since I started knowing my hostas from my hydrangeas.

Keeps you fit, improves your home, provides you with a new hobby. Iíve even managed to make friends with a robin redbreast.

Typed on a mobile device from my bed.
Green Reds

Unread 02-09-2020, 04:17 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

Unread 02-09-2020, 04:26 PM
no fun

Quote:

Bit of a problem with this

Iím really good at keeping in touch with friends and family, always make time for a chat or a night out......but Iím also a right moaning old c***

Unread 02-09-2020, 05:53 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Seriously, get into birds. You won't regret it.

Unread 02-09-2020, 06:06 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
: Shudder:

Unread 02-09-2020, 06:08 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
I did think about adding "the feathered kind", but Bill Oddie eloquently expressed how utterly lame that gag was four decades ago.

Unread 02-09-2020, 06:09 PM
est.1878

Quote:

Gardening is over now till March, no?

Unread 02-09-2020, 06:09 PM
Mr_Ed

People who cal dogs furbabies

Unread 02-09-2020, 08:13 PM
Pancho77

Universities and scruffy entitled Middle class students trying to change the world protesting about everything and anything particularly when I am at work. Fighting for the Marxist utopia mannnnnn whilst looking down their noses at the working classes

Unread 02-09-2020, 08:53 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancho77
Universities and scruffy entitled Middle class students trying to change the world protesting about everything and anything particularly when I am at work. Fighting for the Marxist utopia mannnnnn whilst looking down their noses at the working classes
Hardly a new thing. Today's boomers were the peace, love and weed hippies once upon a time.

Unread 02-09-2020, 08:59 PM
Pancho77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Hardly a new thing. Today's boomers were the peace, love and weed hippies once upon a time.
I hate them the downfall of our civilisation

Unread 02-09-2020, 09:06 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancho77
I hate them the downfall of our civilisation
Old people blaming young people for being lazy and spoilt vs young people thinking old people are out of touch has been going on since the Ancient Greeks pal.

Maybe I'm lucky where I live but these so-called culture wars about the direction of civilisation seems to me something that forments your mind if you're extremely online and seek it out. When I turn off the wifi and go outside nothing's changed.

I think social media has done tremendous harm in perception vs actual reality.

Unread 02-09-2020, 09:15 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878

Gardening is over now till March, no?
Lightweight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Old people blaming young people for being lazy and spoilt vs young people thinking old people are out of touch has been going on since the Ancient Greeks pal.

Maybe I'm lucky where I live but these so-called culture wars about the direction of civilisation seems to me something that forments your mind if you're extremely online and seek it out. When I turn off the wifi and go outside nothing's changed.

I think social media has done tremendous harm in perception vs actual reality.
I think the pockets of madness (mostly American) give a false impression, but the fact I canít read the Guardian anymore or listen to Radio 4 is a mild inconvenience.

More concerned by good old fashioned thieves and thugs than gender studies radicals.