Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Off Topic

Unread 23-08-2020, 03:39 PM
est.1878

Following "the South" for Manchester on the m6. A brief moment of discomfort

Unread 24-08-2020, 11:13 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Adult men who take stairs two at a time.
Haven't they heard of bannisters?

Unread 25-08-2020, 12:55 PM
M33mike

Decorative cushions on the bed

Unread 25-08-2020, 12:57 PM
otbarney

People who write 'alot' or 'abit'. 😡

Unread 25-08-2020, 12:59 PM
Jack Duckworth

people who don't wrap the vacuum cleaner cord properly when they have finished with it.

should be punishable by death, imo.

Unread 25-08-2020, 01:23 PM
guerreiro

My wife when she’s in a good mood. Talks more and is louder.

Unread 25-08-2020, 01:28 PM
Jethro

Recruiters. f***ing leeches and most are utter c***s. Give them an inch and they take a mile.

Unread 25-08-2020, 06:04 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Recruiters. f***ing leeches and most are utter c***s. Give them an inch and they take a mile.
Used to work at a recruitment consultant (admin, not the actual mostly pretending to find jobs for people)

One of my co-workers subsequently stabbed his partner to death and tried to do his stepdad with a meat cleaver. Was ruled to be mentally ill at his trial, which some found a bit "convenient"

Another got done a bit later for embezzling huge amounts from the company to spend on goodies and holidays for herself. Unsurprisingly, it went out of business not long afterwards.

Unread 25-08-2020, 07:18 PM
TravellingRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
people who don't wrap the vacuum cleaner cord properly when they have finished with it.

should be punishable by death, imo.
Go cordless brother, best thing since sliced bread

Unread 25-08-2020, 08:49 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
My wife when she’s in a good mood. Talks more and is louder.
Could be a thread winner this. 20pc more innane too. Get back to dark mood slagging coworkers off, love...

Waiting more than 20 seconds for a card reader in a restaurant.

Unread 25-08-2020, 09:02 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
Following "the South" for Manchester on the m6. A brief moment of discomfort

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravellingRed
Good cordless brother, best thing since sliced bread
sliced bread generally isn't as good as unsliced bread. plus, there is a certain satisfaction in slicing bread. and you can guarantee a doorstep (rather than just hoping for a random uneven crust). so, I reject your contention.

Unread 26-08-2020, 11:40 AM
est.1878

People sending kind gifts to your house and sending you a courier estimated delivery time to look out/wait in for

Unread 26-08-2020, 11:49 AM
Switching Off

People moaning about having to wait in for an hour because you've sent them a kind gift, even though we're in the middle of a global pandemic and nobody leaves the house anyway.

Unread 26-08-2020, 01:29 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
People moaning about having to wait in for an hour because you've sent them a kind gift, even though we're in the middle of a global pandemic and nobody leaves the house anyway.
People still haven't grasped the concept of this thread yet

Unread 27-08-2020, 10:46 AM
believe

My inability to throw away clothes that I've not worn for years and will probably never wear. Just moved in to a new place and packed and unpacked two suitcases of the stuff. Tried to have a clear out and threw away one jumper and a pair of shorts

Unread 27-08-2020, 12:01 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
worst people in the world

One messaged me yesterday about a job I'm not really interested in but I thought it worth a chat. Arranged a call for yesterday and she didn't call in and has been ghosting me ever since. I don't even want the job but she's pissing me off now. I'm going to call her mobile tomorrow to put her on the spot.

Unread 27-08-2020, 05:44 PM
Switching Off

Lo fi female sung versions of well known songs. Just heard a woman singing Wonderwall on an advert. Sure I heard Love Will Tear Us Apart in a similar style on some beeb drama recently. And another which escapes me.

Unread 27-08-2020, 06:12 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
SSG2 wants a word, or would if they still posted here.

Unread 27-08-2020, 06:14 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen

One messaged me yesterday about a job I'm not really interested in but I thought it worth a chat. Arranged a call for yesterday and she didn't call in and has been ghosting me ever since. I don't even want the job but she's pissing me off now. I'm going to call her mobile tomorrow to put her on the spot.
What is the catch with these calls/emails?

My missus had an email the other day about a data engineering job from some recruiter (which she ignored).

Do they expect you to pay them to find you a job?

Unread 27-08-2020, 06:16 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
Do they expect you to pay them to find you a job?
Pretty sure that at least is a no no, which doesn't mean they haven't tried it on occasionally.