United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Off Topic

Unread 28-10-2019, 08:10 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
Stick to your guns pal
Smoothed it over with some blustery good humour.
Had her eating out of my hand like a scolded pup.
Just dropped off at the airport.

#noapology

Unread 28-10-2019, 08:21 AM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Her sister aka all in laws.

Invited herself over, staying on the couch (removed beds from both spare rooms in an effort to stop this malarky).

Been ferrying her around. Not once has she offered to get a cab. Making plans for us. Dropping her at the airport first thing tomorrow prior to chemo appt. I hate people at the best of times. etc.

Caught her cajoling Lou into a *long walk to mass, after already doing 30 minutes on the walking machine this morning whilst preparing for chemo tomorrow, and having nearly fainted last time she had it, I'm at my wits end.

Bollocked her. V awkward. NOW I'M THE BAD GUY.

*turned out the walk was only 8 mins. Oh well.
I hate intrusive in-laws as well. Stick to your guns mate.

Unread 28-10-2019, 08:30 AM
armchair

i don't mind idiots but midwits who think they are more intelligent than they actually are rile me to an intense degree.

Unread 28-10-2019, 08:54 AM
windy waffles

The whole cinema experience. I hate it. I say it every time I come out to my wife but still go.

People rustling, eating, talking - shut the f*** up.

Dunno why people feel the need to eat like pigs and stuff their faces when watching a film when they probably don't do it at home when they stick on a BluRay or stream a movie.

Unread 28-10-2019, 09:05 AM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
The whole cinema experience. I hate it. I say it every time I come out to my wife but still go.

Dunno why people feel the need to eat like pigs and stuff their faces when watching a film when they probably don't do it at home when they stick on a BluRay or stream a movie.
Do you "come out" to your wife a lot then ?

Unread 28-10-2019, 10:18 AM
believe

Quote:

Iíve been ever enjoyed it and I get it in the neck every week and get ďwhy canít we just go to the cinema like a normal couple?Ē most nights. The cinemas here are pretty cool too but really not for me.

Dying for the toilet and there not being an available facility in places where they normal are. Been on the road for six hours today and Iím crippled with stomach ache.

Unread 28-10-2019, 10:26 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Iíve been ever enjoyed it and I get it in the neck every week and get ďwhy canít we just go to the cinema like a normal couple?Ē most nights. The cinemas here are pretty cool too but really not for me.

Dying for the toilet and there not being an available facility in places where they normal are. Been on the road for six hours today and Iím crippled with stomach ache.
Sister in law lives in Dubai and she says people in the cinemas over will literally talk on their phones during the movies. Would want to ram my fist into their faces but would obviously end up being beheaded for said actions.

Unread 28-10-2019, 10:26 AM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe

Can'y you just drive off the road and shit behind a sand dune or summat ?

Unread 28-10-2019, 10:28 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
Can'y you just drive off the road and shit behind a sand dune or summat ?
Do you not think Iíve had enough trouble?

Quote:
Sister in law lives in Dubai and she says people in the cinemas over will literally talk on their phones during the movies. Would want to ram my fist into their faces but would obviously end up being beheaded for said actions.
Whatís worst is it tends to be a dumping ground for kids and I mean anything down to toddlers. Theyíre just left to run riot which as you can imagine is no way to enjoy a three course meal in a lazy boy recliner.

Unread 28-10-2019, 01:18 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Her sister aka all in laws.

Invited herself over, staying on the couch (removed beds from both spare rooms in an effort to stop this malarky).

Been ferrying her around. Not once has she offered to get a cab. Making plans for us. Dropping her at the airport first thing tomorrow prior to chemo appt. I hate people at the best of times. etc.

Caught her cajoling Lou into a *long walk to mass, after already doing 30 minutes on the walking machine this morning whilst preparing for chemo tomorrow, and having nearly fainted last time she had it, I'm at my wits end.

Bollocked her. V awkward. NOW I'M THE BAD GUY.

*turned out the walk was only 8 mins. Oh well.
You need to be careful. There's always hundreds in each family over there and boy do they hold a grudge.

Unread 28-10-2019, 06:03 PM
est.1878

Quote:

Good shout

Abhorrent event from the very start with retail park parking, fat ryhmes with hunt food options, the eternal trailers and usually brim full of scallies.

More unreasonable from me : people with kids just a year apart

Unread 28-10-2019, 06:08 PM
armchair

cinema was good when you could smoke and the picture quality was better than home/tv

they only thing they have are timed exclusives. once they go, cinema will go the way of blockbuster/hmv etc.

Unread 28-10-2019, 06:18 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
cinema was good when you could smoke and the picture quality was better than home/tv

they only thing they have are timed exclusives. once they go, cinema will go the way of blockbuster/hmv etc.
What about the sound though, you can't crank homecinema up to room shake levels*

*unlless you are my next door neighbour

Unread 28-10-2019, 06:28 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
What about the sound though, you can't crank homecinema up to room shake levels*

*unlless you are my next door neighbour
here you go https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-for-your-body

Unread 29-10-2019, 07:52 AM
est.1878

People with dead eyes walking onto the train clutching their coffees like comfort blanks

Unread 29-10-2019, 07:57 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
People with dead eyes walking onto the train clutching their coffees like comfort blanks
Noticable increase in that.

Most people stand on the platform looking like refugees being shoved into a van in the middle of the night.

Its 8am in mild weather.

Get a f***ing grip.

Probably scrolling through Facebook til 2am because they 'can't sleep'.

Unread 29-10-2019, 08:23 AM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
i don't mind idiots but midwits who think they are more intelligent than they actually are rile me to an intense degree.
Soz.

Unread 29-10-2019, 08:26 AM
Drexl

Bloke parked a massive eyesore of a van right outside my gaff.

Now I know this bothers some people, but I did not give two hoots. He was a tradesman doing his job. Yes there were other spaces etc, but so what? He pays his road tax, good luck to him.

The thing that wound me up, was my neighbour grilling my missus about it. Crowing on: who's is that? Don't know derek. Is it no 7's? Don't know derek. is it no 11's? Don't know derek. Eeee, some cheek innit, parking a van outside your gaff? etc etc It wasn't even outside HIS house, yet he thought it okay to moan to my mrs even though she had literally just put the key in the door on her way home from work (she is a nurse, so its painfully obvious she's just got home)

Long story short, TL;DR: misery loves company'ers . You know; Dereks

Unread 29-10-2019, 08:35 AM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl
Bloke parked a massive eyesore of a van right outside my gaff.

Now I know this bothers some people, but I did not give two hoots. He was a tradesman doing his job. Yes there were other spaces etc, but so what? He pays his road tax, good luck to him.

The thing that wound me up, was my neighbour grilling my missus about it. Crowing on: who's is that? Don't know derek. Is it no 7's? Don't know derek. is it no 11's? Don't know derek. Eeee, some cheek innit, parking a van outside your gaff? etc etc It wasn't even outside HIS house, yet he thought it okay to moan to my mrs even though she had literally just put the key in the door on her way home from work (she is a nurse, so its painfully obvious she's just got home)

Long story short, TL;DR: misery loves company'ers . You know; Dereks
Maybe Derek's got a crush on your missus... I'd keep a close eye on him if I were you

Unread 29-10-2019, 08:45 AM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
Maybe Derek's got a crush on your missus... I'd keep a close eye on him if I were you
I hadn't thought of that! Ha! You, sir, have good rep for giving me something to annoy the mrs with