Unread 02-10-2013, 07:33 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben
Aaah those were the days my friend
We thought they'd never end

Unread 02-10-2013, 07:54 AM
Charlestown Rouge

I don't think I've ever had a sup of home brew that didn't taste like ill horse piss.

Seems to be the preserve of budget conscious students and beardy tw*ts who do a sideline in sloe gin as well.

The only way you can do it properly is to buy or build microbrewery - a bucket in your airing cupboard and a few packets of magic mixture is not going to recreate the taste of anything remotely resembling a decent pint.

Home brew - this place is on the slide imbibing wise since the demise of the Pubester.

Unread 02-10-2013, 08:16 AM
TravellingRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben
Cheers. Il get that ordered.

Before I do though, how hard is it? am I likely to get fed up and jack it I after a week?
I'd suggest doing it from a kit before you start buying that book and doing it properly. It isn't hard to do it properly the worst part is cleaning everything up when you have finished. If you do start doing it properly it's best to have a few on the go at a time so one is always ready for drinking otherwise you'll get gaps when you have none.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
I don't think I've ever had a sup of home brew that didn't taste like ill horse piss.

Seems to be the preserve of budget conscious students and beardy tw*ts who do a sideline in sloe gin as well.

The only way you can do it properly is to buy or build microbrewery - a bucket in your airing cupboard and a few packets of magic mixture is not going to recreate the taste of anything remotely resembling a decent pint.

Home brew - this place is on the slide imbibing wise since the demise of the Pubester.
Some of the more expensive kits aren't too bad but you are right you'll never get a decent pint without a proper setup. I've done quite a few from scratch; grinding the grain myself and boiling up the hops but it takes time and dedication which, judging from the decreasing enthusiasm in this thread, young Benjamin doesn't have.

Unread 02-10-2013, 08:19 AM
believe

A friend from Saudi was telling me the stuff they make in the compounds varies from horse piss to almost the real thing depending who is making what.

Even though Saudi is completely dry, all the ingredients and equipment for homebrewing are on the same shelf in the supermarket

Unread 02-10-2013, 10:52 AM
when the seagulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
A friend from Saudi was telling me the stuff they make in the compounds varies from horse piss to almost the real thing depending who is making what.

Even though Saudi is completely dry, all the ingredients and equipment for homebrewing are on the same shelf in the supermarket
A lot of them make stuff called Sadiki and it is the most vile substance known to man.

Unread 02-10-2013, 02:15 PM
Child of Darkness

I've got 24 gallons of scrumpy on the go .

thats 108 litres

Unread 02-10-2013, 04:06 PM
Scabs

Codders asked me to post this picture of his fermenting juices for him. Apparently he's a technomong.

I expect a few pints for the service.

Unread 02-10-2013, 06:33 PM
zrellus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scabs
Codders asked me to post this picture of his fermenting juices for him. Apparently he's a technomong.

I expect a few pints for the service.
Looks like a meth lab.

Unread 02-10-2013, 06:35 PM
Scabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrellus
Looks like a meth lab.
Looks like an Eastern European khazi.

Unread 02-10-2013, 06:37 PM
zrellus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scabs
Looks like an Eastern European khazi.
Looks like someone failed to get there in time as well.

Unread 10-10-2013, 07:44 PM
Thomo90

Fancied trying this myself, how difficult is it for a novice to do. A mate of mine does it and did a vodka one but didn't have the right size kit so made it in a smaller one, f*** me it annihalited your guts

Unread 10-10-2013, 07:46 PM
TravellingRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomo90
Fancied trying this myself, how difficult is it for a novice to do. A mate of mine does it and did a vodka one but didn't have the right size kit so made it in a smaller one, f*** me it annihalited your guts
Really? :shakehead:

Unread 10-10-2013, 07:48 PM
Thomo90

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravellingRed
Really? :shakehead:
Que?

Unread 10-10-2013, 07:50 PM
TravellingRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomo90
Que?
Your asking a question that has been answered on the one page thread your posting it on. And you don't brew vodka you distill it.

Unread 10-10-2013, 07:56 PM
Thomo90

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravellingRed
Your asking a question that has been answered on the one page thread your posting it on. And you don't brew vodka you distill it.
Splitting hairs abit, never actually stated he brewed it did I?

I skim read the first page but was just after an opinion after it had been done on the thread
Closed Thread