United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-08-2021, 09:20 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
Would have him for another season. He’d be a decent squad player.
Haven’t we just spent the last three years trying to clear out “decent” squad players? Ftr, I liked Herrera and would have kept him over 5 or 6 others but he seems like he didn’t really want to be here and I doubt we’ve missed him that much.

Just move on ffs (United, not you). It feels like our obsession with hanging on to the past as been our biggest downfall this last 7 or 8 years. Whether it’s banging on about Mourinho or pining for players that were pretty shit when they were here (Depay, Ibra etc), we just can’t seem to let it go.

Unread 12-08-2021, 09:23 AM
Hyman_Roth

Feel we’ve lost our way at pointing and looking frustrated during matches since he’s left. Lindleof does a decent job at it tbf, certainly when he’s made a mistake and he’s trying to deflect attention away from it. Shame for Linders that we all have eyes. Same was true of Ander.

Unread 12-08-2021, 09:52 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Feel we’ve lost our way at pointing and looking frustrated during matches since he’s left. Lindleof does a decent job at it tbf, certainly when he’s made a mistake and he’s trying to deflect attention away from it. Shame for Linders that we all have eyes. Same was true of Ander.
I actually think lindelof gets a slightly bad rep. Obviously he's way behind Maggie and Ralph but he's not as bad as some make out. A far better back up CB than a lot of other clubs have.

Unread 12-08-2021, 09:55 AM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Haven’t we just spent the last three years trying to clear out “decent” squad players? Ftr, I liked Herrera and would have kept him over 5 or 6 others but he seems like he didn’t really want to be here and I doubt we’ve missed him that much.

Just move on ffs (United, not you). It feels like our obsession with hanging on to the past as been our biggest downfall this last 7 or 8 years. Whether it’s banging on about Mourinho or pining for players that were pretty shit when they were here (Depay, Ibra etc), we just can’t seem to let it go.
The whole he left us/ he’s such a bodies signing/ he still loves the club argument is something you’d hope is left for the fans. I agree with what you’re saying but there are players like Mata and Matic who are less likely to play.

If Ole is presented with the option, he should consider it from a professional aspect. Will Herrera for do a job? Will he strengthen the position? Will he fit in? It would tick a lot of boxes while we work on a long-term replacement

Unread 12-08-2021, 09:56 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
I actually think lindelof gets a slightly bad rep. Obviously he's way behind Maggie and Ralph but he's not as bad as some make out. A far better back up CB than a lot of other clubs have.
I can’t stand him. He’s a Sleeve tattooed woman.

You mentioned back up and that’s his limit.

Unread 12-08-2021, 09:58 AM
Stickman

Bringing him back would make an awful statement. We’re supposed to be improving, that signing would represent halting the “title charge”.

Unread 12-08-2021, 10:00 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Beeky has excelled so far with the pointing. Need to work on his frustrated face. Hopefully plenty of opportunities this season.

Unread 12-08-2021, 10:13 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Beeky has excelled so far with the pointing. Need to work on his frustrated face. Hopefully plenty of opportunities this season.
Yeah, he’s done well with it tbf. Possibly his highlight? Face seems very neutral though and he’ll have to work on that this season. Herrera was one of the best players I’ve seen for looking genuinely bothered/angry about something whilst also not being. The whole squad should study videos of his time here.

Lindleof takes it too far imo - always on the verge of tears when I feel that’s an emotion that should be reserved for us watching him.

Unread 12-08-2021, 10:27 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
I can’t stand him. He’s a Sleeve tattooed woman.

You mentioned back up and that’s his limit.

Unread 12-08-2021, 07:20 PM
red in cumbria

We do have an excellent pointer (Fletcher) on our staff tbf
Closed Thread