Don't care 3 2.61%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 20-03-2024, 07:56 PM
djsst

Unread 20-03-2024, 08:34 PM
lenin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
Southgate, ffs. Hard to think of a more depressing appointment.

Thing is, I can see him being an ideal INEOS candidate as he fits the picture chin stroking away with Mr Marginal Gainzzz.

If ten Hag wins the FA Cup then he should keep his job, as that would be the 2 domestic trophies won in his first 2 seasons. Progress.
Moyes is ten times the manager. This boring £#%&!ers only achievement is bottling matches he should have won…. And getting a Middlesbrough team that was in a European final relegated (whilst snidely calling Ronaldo a cheat)

Unread 21-03-2024, 02:58 AM
Stickman

anyone else a tad concerned at how much reach this is getting?

Would love to write it off as paper talk but christ, it’s growing.

Unread 21-03-2024, 04:30 AM
Offerington

Thumbs down

£#%&!. this. @#%&!.

Unread 21-03-2024, 07:59 AM
Stickman

Genuinely don’t think I could bother under him. Would want us humped every week until he left.

Unread 21-03-2024, 08:10 AM
Ethers

In what way is it growing? Everything I’ve seen references the original story by the £#%&!ing Star.

It’s a non-story anyway, even just looking at the logistics of it . There’s absolutely no way he would agree to anything before the Euros, he’s too much of a company man, he wouldn’t disrespect the FA and the nation like that blah blah blah.

And if we do change manager in the summer (we won’t) we’d want them confirmed and in the job at the earliest opportunity. We’re not going to wait until mid July ffs.

Unread 21-03-2024, 08:43 AM
Coracao

He will probably get another England deal after failing to win. Again.

On the positive side, if he does come then we might beat shit sides at home.

Unread 21-03-2024, 08:48 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers View Post
In what way is it growing?
Skysports doing segments on it, ESPN etc

Maybe you’re right, maybe it isn’t gathering pace in the media and im imagining it.

Hope so.

Unread 21-03-2024, 08:58 AM
Medlock

Relax ffs. No chance this is happening

Unread 21-03-2024, 10:11 AM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medlock View Post
Relax ffs. No chance this is happening
Have printed it and sent it in anyhow. Just need to link it to a tabloid now.

Unread 21-03-2024, 10:23 AM
magic_cantona

Apart from various Welsh rugby players, has there ever been a decent Gareth?

Unread 21-03-2024, 10:26 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona View Post
Apart from various Welsh rugby players, has there ever been a decent Gareth?
Cheeseman

Unread 21-03-2024, 10:28 AM
tuanton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red View Post
I’d be absolutely gutted, to be honest. I find it difficult to think of a single manager I’d rather have less than him, the grey, unimaginative, defensive, big nosed, unsuccessful, unproven, inept, looks like he’s about to cry at any moment, ballbag.

It’s a no from me, Jim. Don’t even think about it.
Maybe its a ploy to make us all grateful when they keep TH

Unread 21-03-2024, 11:25 AM
pc6090

Quote:
Originally Posted by naes_sean View Post
International week.
International weak in Southgate’s case

Unread 21-03-2024, 12:39 PM
larry

Speaking on Sky Bet’s Stick to Football podcast, former United midfielder Keane said: “I could see that happening (Southgate being the next United manager).

“Well, obviously everyone’s thinking he’s probably going to be with England this summer if he has a good (European) Championship, thinking if they could win it. And if they don’t, then maybe they’re thinking you’ve ran your race with him.

“His connection with Dan Ashworth, who he has worked with previously. Yeah, I’m not that surprised with it.”

Former Red Devils defender Neville said: “I never saw Gareth Southgate as a Manchester United manager, psychologically, I never saw that.

“I can see it now, now Dan Ashworth has come in. I just think, what does Erik ten Hag need to do to stay as Manchester United manager? So, for instance, is the FA Cup enough, or does he need to get top four, or top five, Champions League?”

Unread 21-03-2024, 12:44 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
Skysports doing segments on it, ESPN etc

Maybe you’re right, maybe it isn’t gathering pace in the media and im imagining it.

Hope so.
That’s what they do. They just feed off their own stories to try and make out something is building and it’s their own feedback loop. Then people that read the papers/lap this up get drawn in (like you have).

Unread 21-03-2024, 01:06 PM
magic_cantona

Do Keane and Neville actually hate us now?

Unread 21-03-2024, 01:18 PM
Stickman

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic View Post
That’s what they do. They just feed off their own stories to try and make out something is building and it’s their own feedback loop. Then people that read the papers/lap this up get drawn in (like you have).
and the overlap lads.

Unread 21-03-2024, 01:57 PM
AK14

It’s been my worry for a while that this chinless negative bastard would at some point be our manager.

Unread 21-03-2024, 02:01 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14 View Post
It’s been my worry for a while that this chinless negative bastard would at some point be our manager.
Don't think Stickers is going in to management just yet