United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 20-03-2024, 10:22 AM
Whip Hubley

ey up the celebration police are in....

I doubt many people think we're going to go on and win it now and that isn't why everyone has been watching '28 angles' of the winning goal.

I literally can't remember the last time we saw a game like it at OT. A back and forth against our absolute most bitter rivals, who have basically been peddling the chance of a quad down at every available opportunity the last few weeks/months/klopps last season lets do it for him la. Listening to 9000 of the @#%&!s ram it down our throats when they thought they'd won it at 3-2, flares going off...

We've had to put up with some absolutely turgid shite the last few years for various reasons, and £#%&!ing hell if we can't enjoy a last minute extra time winner against that lot for a few days we may as well pack up and go home. It's difficult to describe the noise and energy around OT in that last hour or so. I don't know. Maybe you had to be there.

Unread 20-03-2024, 10:41 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Between calling me a #@&%! for posting my opinion and the tears, Magic struggles to see what’s in front of him.
Sorry pal, but you've turned in to a miserable, curtain twitching bastard.

"Ooooh, look at you enjoying something....pathetic!"

We beat Liverpool ffs. Should we be talking about how shit its been since SAF left or maybe the size of the debt or how many light years City are ahead of us? Maybe because you're technically one of them, it's just not in you.

Unread 20-03-2024, 10:43 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley

I doubt many people think we're going to go on and win it now and that isn't why everyone has been watching '28 angles' of the winning goal.

I literally can't remember the last time we saw a game like it at OT. A back and forth against our absolute most bitter rivals, who have basically been peddling the chance of a quad down at every available opportunity the last few weeks/months/klopps last season lets do it for him la. Listening to 9000 of the @#%&!s ram it down our throats when they thought they'd won it at 3-2, flares going off...

We've had to put up with some absolutely turgid shite the last few years for various reasons, and £#%&!ing hell if we can't enjoy a last minute extra time winner against that lot for a few days we may as well pack up and go home. It's difficult to describe the noise and energy around OT in that last hour or so. I don't know. Maybe you had to be there.
This. Honestly don't know why some people bother watching football sometimes. We've been repeatedly humiliated by Liverpool over the last few years, our worst nightmares come true, conceding bagfuls of goals home and away. Almost exactly a year ago we lost to them 7-0 ffs.

Then we get a last-gasp winner in an absolute thriller of a match when we looked finished, young players on the pitch busting an absolute gut to get us the win.. the best win at OT for years and years. There is absolutely nothing to feel silly about.

It's quite common now though, I've noticed. Fans were mocking and laughing at Arsenal the other week for their celebrations when they got through to the Champions League quarter-finals. It's the best they've done in years, what are they going to? Just stroll calmly down the tunnel?

Unread 20-03-2024, 10:59 AM
Dr Stranger

It’s a really common thing now: reducing all celebrations to some kind of barometer of the significance of the game.

You had a Carragher a few weeks back excusing his pissy post match moan about Arsenal because it only got Arsenal back into the title race, nothing more

Meanwhile, the tit had a T-shirt printed for a win last season

And if he wants to do that, fine. It was a 7-0 win against their fiercest rivals. It doesn’t matter that they went on to finish 5th. It was a great moment for them.

Sunday was a great moment. That’s it. It might lead to something, it might not, but in isolation, it was great.

You’d literally never enjoy a goal again if you rationalised it in the wider sense. Lower league teams might as well give up. Coventry should have just walked off the pitch after their wolves later winner because they’re not winning the fa cup

It’s as much about moments as anything else. We’ve had a shit season so far, so I’m not going to begrudge anyone milking it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
This. Honestly don't know why some people bother watching football sometimes. We've been repeatedly humiliated by Liverpool over the last few years, our worst nightmares come true, conceding bagfuls of goals home and away. Almost exactly a year ago we lost to them 7-0 ffs.

Then we get a last-gasp winner in an absolute thriller of a match when we looked finished, young players on the pitch busting an absolute gut to get us the win.. the best win at OT for years and years. There is absolutely nothing to feel silly about.

It's quite common now though, I've noticed. Fans were mocking and laughing at Arsenal the other week for their celebrations when they got through to the Champions League quarter-finals. It's the best they've done in years, what are they going to? Just stroll calmly down the tunnel?
Yep. This. It was a penalty shoot out too. When has a team ever won a penalty shoot out and not celebrated ffs?

You get some that it further and compare it with the clubs greatest achievements

“They’ve won the league and now they’re celebrating fa cup wins” sort of shouts.

Yeah, we should tone it down because we won the league 11 years ago.

It’s really odd tbh.

Unread 20-03-2024, 11:07 AM
Kaos

At the end of the day, you never know when the good times, however brief, are going to go to shit. As a fanbase, we've been probably been guilty of being too blase about success when it was coming so freely that we didn't know how good we had it, and it's only now that it's mostly gone that we appreciate it more when it comes.

Sometimes fans are guilty of approaching the game like players and managers - you'd hope the squad and the manager aren't going to get carried away after Sunday, but it literally doesn't matter if we do or not, so we might as well enjoy the thing we love because surely it's moments like this that got us all into football in the first place.

There's more than enough misery in the world without creating some more around the thing that's supposed to be escapism from all of that.

Unread 20-03-2024, 11:10 AM
RedNick80

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaos
At the end of the day, you never know when the good times, however brief, are going to go to shit. As a fanbase, we've been probably been guilty of being too blase about success when it was coming so freely that we didn't know how good we had it, and it's only now that it's mostly gone that we appreciate it more when it comes.

Sometimes fans are guilty of approaching the game like players and managers - you'd hope the squad and the manager aren't going to get carried away after Sunday, but it literally doesn't matter if we do or not, so we might as well enjoy the thing we love because surely it's moments like this that got us all into football in the first place.

There's more than enough misery in the world without creating some more around the thing that's supposed to be escapism from all of that.
100%

Looking forward to the backlash against the backlash now.

Always someone desperate to be contrary.

Unread 20-03-2024, 11:12 AM
Big Norm

Quote:

I was and still haven't got my voice back.

Been to dozens of United games over the years and never experienced an atmosphere like it. If who we were playing, the way the game panned out and the drama of that last goal doesn't get you giddy as £#%&! then maybe football just isn't for you.

Unread 20-03-2024, 11:17 AM
believe

Quote:

Who said anyone didn’t enjoy it? I certainly did, had the security banging on my door telling to shut the £#%&! up and spent about three hours the following day talking to my dad/friends back home about it.

My point is why are we still making videos of it three days later and calling it the greatest fa cup game we’ve ever had, I can think of ten off the top of my head that were better ffs.

If there was this much furore over a city or Liverpool game 15 years ago we’d be rightfully pissing ourselves .

Unread 20-03-2024, 11:19 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
It’s a really common thing now: reducing all celebrations to some kind of barometer of the significance of the game.

You had a Carragher a few weeks back excusing his pissy post match moan about Arsenal because it only got Arsenal back into the title race, nothing more

Meanwhile, the tit had a T-shirt printed for a win last season

And if he wants to do that, fine. It was a 7-0 win against their fiercest rivals. It doesn’t matter that they went on to finish 5th. It was a great moment for them.

Sunday was a great moment. That’s it. It might lead to something, it might not, but in isolation, it was great.

You’d literally never enjoy a goal again if you rationalised it in the wider sense. Lower league teams might as well give up. Coventry should have just walked off the pitch after their wolves later winner because they’re not winning the fa cup

It’s as much about moments as anything else. We’ve had a shit season so far, so I’m not going to begrudge anyone milking it

Yep. This. It was a penalty shoot out too. When has a team ever won a penalty shoot out and not celebrated ffs?

You get some that it further and compare it with the clubs greatest achievements

“They’ve won the league and now they’re celebrating fa cup wins” sort of shouts.

Yeah, we should tone it down because we won the league 11 years ago.

It’s really odd tbh.
This 'how the mighty have fallen' stuff makes no sense - the Treble season we all went mental when Yorke scored a last-minute winner at Charlton Athletic. Don't recall anyone saying 'it's only Charlton' at the time.

Unread 20-03-2024, 11:21 AM
Ethers

Name ten better FA Cup games then…..

Unread 20-03-2024, 11:22 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
This 'how the mighty have fallen' stuff makes no sense - the Treble season we all went mental when Yorke scored a last-minute winner at Charlton Athletic. Don't recall anyone saying 'it's only Charlton' at the time.
Don’t recall anyone saying it was one of the greatest games of football ever either. We’ll probably make a DVD about this game at the end of the season.

Unread 20-03-2024, 11:24 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Who said anyone didn’t enjoy it? I certainly did, had the security banging on my door telling to shut the £#%&! up and spent about three hours the following day talking to my dad/friends back home about it.

My point is why are we still making videos of it three days later and calling it the greatest fa cup game we’ve ever had, I can think of ten off the top of my head that were better ffs.

If there was this much furore over a city or Liverpool game 15 years ago we’d be rightfully pissing ourselves .

Nonsense.

Unread 20-03-2024, 11:25 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Name ten better FA Cup games then…..
Well I’ll start with the 8 finals we’ve won during my lifetime and I’m sure those who went to the 77 game would add that.

Now can I just think of one more game that might be better than the one on Sunday which was absolutely dire for 110 minutes. It’s a tough one….

Unread 20-03-2024, 11:29 AM
Kaos

Quote:
Well I’ll start with the 8 finals we’ve won during my lifetime and I’m sure those who went to the 77 game would add that.

Now can I just think of one more game that might be better than the one on Sunday which was absolutely dire for 110 minutes. It’s a tough one….
You got more of a buzz from a routine 3-0 win over Millwall, in a season we were bit underwhelmed because we hadn't won the league, than you did from Sunday?

Unread 20-03-2024, 11:30 AM
Ethers

Quote:

So you can’t then. Thought so.

Unread 20-03-2024, 11:31 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaos
You got more of a buzz from a routine 3-0 win over Millwall, in a season we were bit underwhelmed because we hadn't won the league, than you did from Sunday?
Yes, we won the trophy. Like I siad if we go on to win this one Sunday will be all worthwhile. If we don’t it won’t. It was a pretty straightforward point.

Unread 20-03-2024, 11:32 AM
larry

believe is a @#%&!?

Unread 20-03-2024, 11:33 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
So you can’t then. Thought so.
Glad watching us beat the scousers on telly is your favorite fa cup moment.

Unread 20-03-2024, 11:47 AM
Ethers

“What are the best FA cup games you’ve ever seen?”

“I would have to say all of the finals”

£#%&!ing hell

Unread 20-03-2024, 11:50 AM
silv

Quote:
Glad watching us beat the scousers on telly is your favorite fa cup moment.
£#%&!ing he’ll we’ve been on gruel for months if not years and we get a delicious goulash of scouse busting soup and you’re picking holes