United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-05-2011, 04:28 PM
dunk

Default Re: Tonights champions league games

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk

What's the chances of Carrick launching a last minute 2 footed lunge at someone to ensure he doesn't have to face Barca (on his own!) again?

Unread 04-05-2011, 04:28 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
"Too underweight. You're off!"

Unread 04-05-2011, 04:30 PM
Sparky***

tbf schalke seemed quite an honourable bunch in the first leg, not at all like those play-acting horrible shithouses bayern munich.

Unread 04-05-2011, 04:33 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
tbf schalke seemed quite an honourable bunch in the first leg, not at all like those play-acting horrible shithouses bayern munich.
Only because they were so hapless and couldn't get near us to do anything.

That was easily the worst team I've seen at this stage of the competition. Truly awful. The management was even worse. Their manager was at the Newcastle game too. He must've slept through most of it or lost his notes.

Unread 04-05-2011, 04:33 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
As long as we win the league, then whatever happens at wembley happens.

If we lose it won't be nearly as painful if we're champions.

If we blow the title, we'll go into that game with zero confidence and it will just be kicking us while we're down.
My thoughts exactly.

Title >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> CL

It'll be horrific not winning the league after being so far ahead of Chelsea.Can't be arsed getting into the 'Barca will murder us 167-0' tbh.

Unread 04-05-2011, 04:34 PM
beansy

This sort of game is the fit for Berbles

Unread 04-05-2011, 04:36 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC

That was easily the worst team I've seen at this stage of the competition. Truly awful. The management was even worse. Their manager was at the Newcastle game too. He must've slept through most of it or lost his notes.
Me too. I said they were shit beforehand but i had no idea how much time and space they would give us. But for our shite finishing, we could have come away from germany about 5-0 up.

Unread 04-05-2011, 04:46 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC

i'm sure they had a plan, it was more to do with us not letting them do anything than them not having a clue what to do. we were brilliant, far better than we've looked against worse sides in the group, for example, played at a real high tempo, pressed them intelligently, were creative and aggressive. i thought it was one of our most impressive performances this season.

Unread 04-05-2011, 04:51 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
i'm sure they had a plan, it was more to do with us not letting them do anything than them not having a clue what to do. we were brilliant, far better than we've looked against worse sides in the group, for example, played at a real high tempo, pressed them intelligently, were creative and aggressive. i thought it was one of our most impressive performances this season.
They were absolutely £#%&!ing dogshit. No pressing, had Raul chasing down Carrick Ferdinand and Vidic and if it wasn't for the keeper it could have been 5 or 6. Anything other than a win given their performance would have been a shock. Best performance of the season was the two chelsea games by a mile.

Unread 04-05-2011, 04:57 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
I agree we were very very good, but they really were awful. It was a bit of both, tbh. They played right into our hands and did everything they could to make it as easy as possible in terms of the way we play. And they panicked when they had the ball.

Anyways, on to tonight. Bet of luck, y'all.

Unread 04-05-2011, 05:10 PM
Tiberian

Can anyone remember Giggs having more chances in a game in recent memory? He had a lot of attacking freedom but Schalke has absolutely no clue when it came to picking him up. They were surprised at our attacking intent from the first whistle, we never allowed them to establish any control or momentum. Their full backs both had very poor nights, especially the left back, Valencia dominated him, never found the final ball but gave him no opportunity to get forward and was always available.

We should not underestimate them tonight though, they have goals in the side, beat Inter home and away, a poor Inter perhaps, but a team with a lot of individual talent.

Unread 04-05-2011, 10:12 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
They were absolutely £#%&!ing dogshit. No pressing, had Raul chasing down Carrick Ferdinand and Vidic and if it wasn't for the keeper it could have been 5 or 6. Anything other than a win given their performance would have been a shock. Best performance of the season was the two chelsea games by a mile.
Yup, and a repeat on Sunday would be just fine and dandy

Unread 04-05-2011, 10:15 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Can anyone remember Giggs having more chances in a game in recent memory? He had a lot of attacking freedom but Schalke has absolutely no clue when it came to picking him up. They were surprised at our attacking intent from the first whistle, we never allowed them to establish any control or momentum. Their full backs both had very poor nights, especially the left back, Valencia dominated him, never found the final ball but gave him no opportunity to get forward and was always available.

We should not underestimate them tonight though, they have goals in the side, beat Inter home and away, a poor Inter perhaps, but a team with a lot of individual talent.
Had a £#%&!ing nightmare again tonight.

Unread 05-05-2011, 12:48 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
It was a very naive team selection and system from Ragnick. The personnel he picked didn't really allow for them to close the game and deny United time on the ball. Two fairly immobile forwards in Raul and Edu in attack, and then two defensively disinterested creative players in Jurado and Farfan in midfield. It made them far too open and without the legs (or application) to compress the midfield or re-group effectively when they lost the ball. Of course, in both respects United are the complete opposite: Chicharito and Rooney working their socks off and the incredible discipline of Park and Valencia in combining attacking duties with keeping the team's shape solid. Essentially, they tried to match us up in terms of their system, but with much slower, lazier and less able players.
Closed Thread