Unread 22-09-2020, 04:01 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Got to respect a man who doesn't post frivolously. Fao Drexl
The Anti-Riccers. Impressive.

Unread 22-09-2020, 04:09 PM
bosskeano

our lack of activity in the transfer market is going to turn this season into a pile of frustrating shit

Unread 22-09-2020, 05:24 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosskeano
our lack of activity in the transfer market is going to turn this season into a pile of frustrating shit
This...

I'm going to have to watch less games or I'll just be perma-angry. That's what United does to me these days.

I find it difficult to watch a sport where the crown noise / atmos is controlled by a bloke with a few buttons in the studio.

Unread 22-09-2020, 05:26 PM
bosskeano

i honestly have a hard time watching some of the games from start to finish in general just given the shit we have on the pitch and how lazy/poor they are in their execution

Unread 22-09-2020, 05:29 PM
Parlabane

Its obviously not the same without fans, but its better than nothing.

At least with the football on it gives you some structure to the week, something to look forward to

Without it lockdown becomes one long slog especially with winter and crappy weather round the corner

Unread 22-09-2020, 05:33 PM
goldfinger II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parlabane
Its obviously not the same without fans, but its better than nothing.

At least with the football on it gives you some structure to the week, something to look forward to

Without it lockdown becomes one long slog especially with winter and crappy weather round the corner
Imagine the alternative. One incredibly long transfer window...

Not sure I'd survive.

Unread 22-09-2020, 05:41 PM
ZiggyStardust

I don’t get as upset these days about a bad result or a £#%&!ed up transfer as I just expect it

However suffering through a shit performance and then seeing the camera pan to that gimp Woodward in the stands makes my blood boil
How the £#%&! is he still CEO of one of the biggest clubs in the world

Unread 22-09-2020, 06:57 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
One viewpoint is that football is the opiate of the masses, and by going ahead with the season it gives the lumpen proletariat something to talk about and it deflects from current affairs
Yes, but without people actually going to the grounds its still not quite the same.

Unread 22-09-2020, 06:58 PM
Sparky***

Doesn't even feel like real football tbh.

Unread 23-09-2020, 06:07 AM
believe

Haven't seen a single game yet and wouldn't be that arsed if I didn't see one for the rest of the season. Not even a game you can think of looking forward to either because the bigger the game it is the more depressing it feels.

Unread 23-09-2020, 07:12 AM
waynes ear's

You havent missed owt pal. Sterile shite. Crap performances from United. Piped in one song for 90 minutes. Absolute bullshit and a money grab

Unread 23-09-2020, 07:21 AM
Drexl

I actually enjoyed last night

I think, in my mind, I now have absolutely no expectations for this season (or the club as a whole), a sort of Tao detachment

Which releases me to relax, and just enjoy watching the players I do like, like Greenwood and Donny. And laugh at the players I don't, like Poo-gba .

The snooker might actually take pole position this year though

Unread 23-09-2020, 08:46 AM
Wilkins75

Games resemble training sessions visually,no matter how i try and enjoy it i'm constantly distracted by the fact it just doesn't look right.Liverpool and Leeds away will really bring it home unfortunately.I always look out for the Old Firm games each season as well,nothing like a bit of hatred on a Sunday morning.That's gone to shit.

Unread 23-09-2020, 08:53 AM
Stickman

I cant take it too seriously with empty grounds, notice how theres next to no argie bargy between players now either? It completely changes the psychology of it all having no noise in the stands.
Closed Thread