24hr Leavesey

jesus

Unread 22-09-2020, 04:48 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24hr Leavesey
jesus

Just noticed the word 'former'.

Why not just say Barcelona forward Ousmane Dembele...

Unread 22-09-2020, 05:10 PM
24hr Leavesey

tbf it is odd phrasing it like that, tenuously linking it with Dortmund and Sancho to make it more relevant to their narrative

Unread 22-09-2020, 05:23 PM
bosskeano

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles

Just noticed the word 'former'.

Why not just say Barcelona forward Ousmane Dembele...
b/c dortmund and United have been going head to head for players recently and they've come out on top....just another way for them to stick the knife to Woodward and United

Unread 22-09-2020, 06:55 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:

The biggest crime commited by Ole is thinking TFM could nulify the threat from Zaha and left out his best defensive fullback.
The more I think about it, the more I am willing to believe Saturday's starting XI was a deliberate statement/protest.

Unread 23-09-2020, 09:42 AM
windy waffles

Big Darmesh has spoken:

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...ach-for-winger

Quote:
"I'm told today that United knew well in advance of an August 1 deadline to come to the table with regards to Jadon Sancho.

"That was extended to August 10 but United hadn't made any contact before that date. Instead, they focused on perceived issues surrounding agents fees and personal terms. Dortmund have consistently said that Sancho will play for them in the coming season.

"As recently as Monday, the Dortmund director Sebastian Kehl said Sancho would be staying at the club. He said, 'it is an important statement because we have a certain responsibility and without Jadon, this team is worse'.

"He went on to say, 'yes, some day he may well leave for a new challenge, but right now he's happy at Dortmund and Dortmund are happy to have him'. I'm told today that Dortmund and those close to the deal have been 'bemused' at how United have approached this deal."

Sheth added: "United may yet go in for Sancho in the final 13 days of this transfer window, and then hope - as we've been reporting - that Sancho then agitates for a transfer. The issue associated with that is that Dortmund would need to bring in a replacement, and that takes time as they may have been planning the forthcoming season with Sancho.

"United have seen their rivals go out and do their business, and as a result, any player that they go in for now, the selling club will think 'we can smell desperation... perhaps we can increase the price'. The 'United Tax' we've spoken about before when it comes to transfers will only be reinforced the later we go in this window."
We really are incompetent. I mean we all know it but, £#%&! me, this sums us up to a tea. I would say someone's head at the club needs to fall with the transfer strategy but the Glazers are obviously happy with us not spending money. The quote about the 'perceived' agent fees are wages are typical of us and gives them the ammo to say "we had a bloody good look..." Same with Haaland.

Unread 23-09-2020, 12:12 PM
Jethro

The deal is a complete shitshow but both us and them have acted like complete #@&%!s. Fabricating deadlines just for show

Season wasn't even over and they were demanding over 100m euro before it finished.

Hope he goes to Bayern on a free and puts 4 past them every time they play.

Unread 23-09-2020, 12:17 PM
MUFC One Love

If Dortmund had any sense they would be accepting a good offer off United. I know it's only England without fans but I don't think stadiums will be full around Europe for a while.

I don't see them getting the money they want for a while with the uncertainty.

Unread 23-09-2020, 12:17 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
The more I think about it, the more I am willing to believe Saturday's starting XI was a deliberate statement/protest.
AWB and Matic weren't fully fit

Unread 23-09-2020, 12:23 PM
AK14

Considering they don’t want to sell they’re constantly in the press talking about the transfer.

Small time @#%&!s.

Unread 23-09-2020, 12:24 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Considering they don’t want to sell they’re constantly in the press talking about the transfer.

Small time @#%&!s.
Yep. They haven't shut up all Summer. Desperate for the cash imo.

Unread 23-09-2020, 12:27 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
If Dortmund had any sense they would be accepting a good offer off United. I know it's only England without fans but I don't think stadiums will be full around Europe for a while.

I don't see them getting the money they want for a while with the uncertainty.
Playing devils advocate here but why would he want to leave Dortmund anyway? They're getting some side...

Unread 23-09-2020, 12:31 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Playing devils advocate here but why would he want to leave Dortmund anyway? They're getting some side...
Desperate to return to post Brexit Britain. Can't wait.

Unread 23-09-2020, 12:38 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Better broadband speeds in Cheshire for COD team deathmatch.

Unread 23-09-2020, 12:49 PM
Sparky***

I think it’s blatantly obvious by now this isn’t happening.

We quite simply don’t have the money. Or rather we do have the money but it’s being channelled into debts and various other costs.

Unread 23-09-2020, 01:23 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I think it’s blatantly obvious by now this isn’t happening.

We quite simply don’t have the money. Or rather we do have the money but it’s being channelled into debts and various other costs.
The news of no fans until March basically ensures revenue for United is going to be down £100m for the year, that's a massive chunk. I'd be amazed if they commit to £100m+ on a player or players from this point. Amazed.

Unread 23-09-2020, 01:26 PM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Pity we haven’t got any then

Unread 23-09-2020, 02:33 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
AWB and Matic weren't fully fit
Why put them both on the bench then?

Unread 23-09-2020, 02:42 PM
bosskeano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
they haven't shut up all summer b/c they hold all the cards and the papers in england keep talking about Sancho

Unread 23-09-2020, 02:46 PM
Mr_Ed

Same old routine every summer... Chuck a. If name until the hat, keep the fans hanging on whilst not a lot else happens then the deal fails with the clubs blaming one another.

Remember Moyes’ first summer and Ander Herrera?
Closed Thread