United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-10-2008, 12:30 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Anyone remember Saha, Van Nistelrooy, Smith, Rooney, Ronaldo and Giggs all on the pitch at the same time at Birmingham
Exactly. Horrible game.

Unread 06-10-2008, 12:31 PM
Ed Sullivan

everytime you play 4 or more forward players, a small child in africa dies

Unread 06-10-2008, 12:32 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Exactly. Horrible game.
Don't see it as particularly relevant personally.

Unread 06-10-2008, 12:38 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Sullivan
everytime you play 4 or more forward players, a small child in africa dies
Does Lenny Henry know about this?

Unread 06-10-2008, 12:43 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Don't see it as particularly relevant personally.
I do. Four strikers played that day. All waiting for the ball from one or two midfielders. Didn't work.

Unread 06-10-2008, 12:44 PM
Harri Jaffa

I think it would work if the 2 midfielders were good enough on the ball and hard working enough in defence.

Hargreaves and Anderson for instance.

Risky though

Unread 06-10-2008, 12:49 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
I do. Four strikers played that day. All waiting for the ball from one or two midfielders. Didn't work.
Completely different players though, that includes Rooney and Ronnie who have developed a great deal since then and there was no genuine central midfielders playing either. I think what we have currently are exactly the type of intelligent forwards who could benefit from being allowed the freedom to play in a more fluid frontline. Ronnie would naturally provide width on both sides and Rooney and Tevez could between them add to this. i don'tr see any reason that all 4 would suddenly become automatonic morons by playing in a 4-2-3-1 formation. Maybe it wouldn't work, i think we'll find out at some point 'cos I think Fergie will try it.

Unread 06-10-2008, 12:51 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
I think it would work if the 2 midfielders were good enough on the ball and hard working enough in defence.

Hargreaves and Anderson for instance.

Risky though
If you look at Satdee we played a similar systenm with Giggs playing quite advanced from midfield, don't see why Tevz couldn't, along with Rooney fill a similar role, I'd have thought in fact it'sd come fairly naturally to them.

Unread 06-10-2008, 12:57 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
If you look at Satdee we played a similar systenm with Giggs playing quite advanced from midfield, don't see why Tevz couldn't, along with Rooney fill a similar role, I'd have thought in fact it'sd come fairly naturally to them.
I agree

I would have thought though that if the opposition played three deepish midfielders it could become a stalemate quite quickly.

Its the kind of formation you want to play once you are a goal up OR with Fergie prepared to change it around if it ain't working with a good 30 minutes to go or so.

Unread 06-10-2008, 01:04 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
I agree

I would have thought though that if the opposition played three deepish midfielders it could become a stalemate quite quickly.

Its the kind of formation you want to play once you are a goal up OR with Fergie prepared to change it around if it ain't working with a good 30 minutes to go or so.
I think Fergie should be prepared to change any formation that isn't working to be honest. I also wouldn't suggest playing that system or personel in every game, I just think there may well be a place for it at times.

Unread 06-10-2008, 01:13 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Does Lenny Henry know about this?
yes

he ate the child

Unread 06-10-2008, 01:13 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Anyone remember Saha, Van Nistelrooy, Smith, Rooney, Ronaldo and Giggs all on the pitch at the same time at Birmingham
that was saturday early kick off wasnt it?

didnt smith score to make it 1-1 and savage was running wild in midfield...

that game ruined my saturday.

didnt go out.

Unread 06-10-2008, 01:15 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Sullivan
you can't play all 4. this isn't champ manager where you can just put a little arrow above a player to justify playing a forward in the middle or the wing

dont you mean pro evo 'formation' settings

Unread 06-10-2008, 01:22 PM
Whalefish

Pro Evo is £#%&!. New Fifa is the nuts.

Unread 06-10-2008, 01:23 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
yes

he ate the child
I'd be surprised if the child got passed his wife tbh. Fair play to him if he managed to get a bite though. Must be hard.

Unread 06-10-2008, 01:28 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Pro Evo is £#%&!. New Fifa is the nuts.
fifa is for gimps.

if i had to guess id picture a @#%&! like red rossi playinf fifa sitting their in his topman clothes.

Unread 06-10-2008, 01:32 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
fifa is for gimps.

if i had to guess id picture a @#%&! like red rossi playinf fifa sitting their in his topman clothes.
I'll take your word for it re Red Rossi. Can't say I picture formistas sitting at home though.

New Fifa is excellent.
Closed Thread