United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-10-2008, 08:15 AM
antonin jablonsky

Thumbs up Berbie and Rooney.

They are gonna be some pairing up front for us.

Unread 06-10-2008, 08:26 AM
redrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
They are gonna be some pairing up front for us.
Thought Berbatov was brilliant in patches Sat. Some of his touches, control and passing was sublime. And he worked bloody hard - eg the 2nd goal!

Exciting prospect with Wayne alright. Just hope he & Tevez can click too.

Unread 06-10-2008, 08:30 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrose
Thought Berbatov was brilliant in patches Sat. Some of his touches, control and passing was sublime. And he worked bloody hard - eg the 2nd goal!

Exciting prospect with Wayne alright. Just hope he & Tevez can click too.
Yup that's what I though, some of their play on Satdee was absolutely sublime. Superb through ball for Fletch's miss for a start.

Unread 06-10-2008, 08:50 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
You'll be heading down to the disabled toilets then no doubt.
£#%&! that, im staying at my desk for a danger £#%&!

Unread 06-10-2008, 08:51 AM
antonin jablonsky

Anyone got a link to highlights from Satdee?

Unread 06-10-2008, 09:15 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Anyone got a link to highlights from Satdee?
thank christ you asked for match highlights and not a link to my danger £#%&!

Unread 06-10-2008, 09:17 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
thank christ you asked for match highlights and not a link to my danger £#%&!
No need to ask, you're cam3 on danger£#%&!.com as usual aren't you?

Unread 06-10-2008, 09:19 AM
Whalefish

Think all four of our attacking talents will be able to play in certain games, especially with 2 from Carrick/Fletcher/Anderson in behind them.

That control, take and move from Berbatov in the second half was sublime. Pity it didn't lead to a goal.

Unread 06-10-2008, 09:30 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Think all four of our attacking talents will be able to play in certain games, especially with 2 from Carrick/Fletcher/Anderson in behind them.

That control, take and move from Berbatov in the second half was sublime. Pity it didn't lead to a goal.
I'd love to see it, Tevez looked great when he came on too.

Unread 06-10-2008, 09:31 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
No need to ask, you're cam3 on danger£#%&!.com as usual aren't you?
indeed

Unread 06-10-2008, 09:32 AM
dunk

I'm worrying, slightly, about Carlitos' role at the minute, I want him on the pitch but can't see a gap for him.

Unread 06-10-2008, 09:33 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I'm worrying, slightly, about Carlitos' role at the minute, I want him on the pitch but can't see a gap for him.
He'll be fine, plenty of games to go around.

Unread 06-10-2008, 09:37 AM
toseeunited

Quote:
fergie's made it quite clear that berby will be his top man! which i understand cos he gives us something different, but ffs tevez has been class in a red shirt since he got here...

kind of can't see him signing a new deal if he's just gonna be on the bench...

on the other hand, wayne also has to start, and with ronaldo a guaranteed starter there's no room for tev, unless he wanted to play wayne in a paul scholes CM role...

Unread 06-10-2008, 09:37 AM
dunk

Probably, but I can't help but feel he needs to play the vast majority in order to be happy.

Unread 06-10-2008, 09:44 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Probably, but I can't help but feel he needs to play the vast majority in order to be happy.
Agree with that. I do feel for Tevez, as he'd been our best striker this season before being dropped.

Unread 06-10-2008, 09:45 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Agree with that. I do feel for Tevez, as he'd been our best striker this season before being dropped.
Rooney's looked right on his game in the last 2 games though and you can see from satdee what Berbie is gtonna add to us. I wouldn't worry about it, as i say there are plenty of games.

Unread 06-10-2008, 09:46 AM
puressence

berbie makes the hard things look easy and the easy things look hard .. like whaly said that control on the touchline when he just brought it down was amazing .. fingers crossed tevez wont get £#%&!ed about for me id have him playing all the games

Unread 06-10-2008, 10:00 AM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
he should be starting with rooney.

i always thought neat touchs and no goals was the signs of a 'lazy crap player' like the forum experts say about zlatan.

Unread 06-10-2008, 10:14 AM
Baron

James Ducker in the The Game (Times supplement) this morning on Berbatov...

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Ducker
Rooney & Ronaldo could have had hat-tricks, while Berbatov was at the heart of everything that United did well, his passing visionary. his speed of thought imperious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlo
i always thought neat touchs and no goals was the signs of a 'lazy crap player' like the forum experts say about zlatan
The two don't really go together do they?

Barbatov isn't Zlatan. I think Zlatan gets slated on here because you go on about him being the best thing since sliced bread & so by proxy he's tainted. He's a £#%&!ing good player though.

Berbatov will still be involved regardless of the goals. He has such ability to retain possession & bring in others that the likes of Rooney & Ronaldo, when going at pace & making the right decisions will invariably get the ball in the right areas to do the damage.

11 minutes of Rooney, Ronaldo, Berbatov & Tevez on Saturday... I can honestly see us fielding them against someone at home soon and obliterating them.

Unread 06-10-2008, 10:19 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
Berbatov will still be involved regardless of the goals. He has such ability to retain possession & bring in others that the likes of Rooney & Ronaldo, when going at pace & making the right decisions will invariably get the ball in the right areas to do the damage.

11 minutes of Rooney, Ronaldo, Berbatov & Tevez on Saturday... I can honestly see us fielding them against someone at home soon and obliterating them.
Agree with all of that and i do look forward to all 4 playing together at some point, it'd be a nightmare for any defence. as Whalers suggested, there'd be no problem if you had 2 from Fletch, Anderson, Hargo and Carrick in front of the back 4, in most games.
Closed Thread