United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-10-2008, 05:50 PM
Bunker Buster

i think marlo was just stating that anderson had a good game.....

He enjoys being sucked into this anti-rooney wum......

humour it and move on.....

Rooney was our best player yesterday......seems alot of the papers dont agree, but without him we are a weaker team....

Its fitting rooney Tevez and Berbie into the team that may become a problem...

its a nice problem though.....

Some people dont know what they have got.

Enjoy supporting the champions of Europe champions of England.

Unread 05-10-2008, 05:51 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
Er, yes it is. Ronaldo is not on top form, but he was still £#%&!ing brilliant. I think too much importance is given to choosing a MOTM tbh, it doesn't really mean anything. You could come up with valid reasons for half the team getting it yesterday. But to say Ronnie put in a 5/10 performance is just wrong, plain and simple.
Didn't say he was poor, I would have given him 7 but definetly not motm.

Unread 05-10-2008, 05:51 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
I'm talking more about the times when he was merely touched, fell over and sat looking at the referee.
I really wish he would knock that on the £#%&!ing head. Not in Nani's league for theatrics though - rolling around on the floor as if he's been shot. Ronnie merely sits there with a look of "How dare someone tackle me!"

Unread 05-10-2008, 05:52 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Didn't say he was poor, I would have given him 7 but definetly not motm.
I didn't say you said he was poor. Why are you saying this?

Unread 05-10-2008, 05:54 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
This is another wum. How does he keep making us fall for it.
not at all.

did you see our midfields crisp passing forwards, along the ground, the movement and the way fletcher and big andy were just too good for blackburn.

letting the ball move side to side. bringing in the attacking full backs etc.

its was brilliant.

bunker and so have jumped on trying to ram rooneys great performance down my throat they know i dont rate him as much as most.
he scored a good goal and had a great game but that what HE SHOULD BE DOING TBH.he just needs to keep it going the whole season.

Unread 05-10-2008, 05:55 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
i think marlo was just stating that anderson had a good game.....
thats all i was saying.

big andy will one again carry us on to bigger and better before being ditched like a diet schedule at pures in the run in.

Unread 05-10-2008, 05:57 PM
Bunker Buster

Dont label me as somone who jumps all over someone.

He was MoM.

I agreed with you about anderson in my first post on this thread.

if that's what rooney is suppose to be doing thank £#%&! he plays for 'My team'

Unread 05-10-2008, 05:58 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
I didn't say you said he was poor. Why are you saying this?
Because I feel like it.

Unread 05-10-2008, 06:03 PM
Rhodzy

Ando was very good yesterday and i'm not getting into the other shit on this thread.

Unread 05-10-2008, 06:04 PM
Smeggs

Wayne is a £#%&!in joy to watch and was excellent yesterday, easily MOTM for me. Berba showed he is class and his touch is amazing. The speed and accauracy of passing on that surface in those conditions was lovely to watch.

if ronaldo had his shooting boots on he could have had a hat trick. the main creative force was berba/rooney axis neccesitated by stirling work from daz and anderson who both did very well.

i love all our players and it really should have been 5 or 6 yesterday.

personally i was more pleased for Wes than any other player.

rio is by far the best defender i've seen play in a red shirt.

Unread 05-10-2008, 06:05 PM
Tumescent Throb

The highlight of the game was the 2nd goal, obviously

Berbatov, Brown, Ronaldo and Rooney were all involved, which is fitting, because they were the players more than most who won the match for us

Giggs, Anderson and Fletcher also played their part

pretty hard to judge us defensively, since our forwards offered so much cover and the home side were totally out-played for most of the game

now to suggest that this would've changed for the worse with the inclusion of the bang in form Mr Scholes is absolutely £#%&!ing laughable imo

Unread 05-10-2008, 06:05 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeggs
Wayne is a £#%&!in joy to watch and was excellent yesterday, easily MOTM for me. Berba showed he is class and his touch is amazing. The speed and accauracy of passing on that surface in those conditions was lovely to watch.

if ronaldo had his shooting boots on he could have had a hat trick. the main creative force was berba/rooney axis neccesitated by stirling work from daz and anderson who both did very well.

i love all our players and it really should have been 5 or 6 yesterday.

personally i was more pleased for Wes than any other player.

rio is by far the best defender i've seen play in a red shirt.
Spot on.

I am now leaving this thread.

Unread 05-10-2008, 06:06 PM
borsuk

anderson had a good game yesterday, still lots to come from him, though - he's as yet nowhere near his top form. still, he's improving with every game, which is good to see. fletcher was far more effective yesterday, though. he is clearly our best m/f at the moment and it's really a question of who plays alongside him.

ronnie didn't have his best game, but he occupied two, and occasionally three blackburn players the whole game and essentially rendered one of their wings impotent from about the half-hour mark on. one assist, could have been three, and a constant threat. should have scored a couple as well.

berbatov was exceptional. again, improving with every game and you can see his understanding with the rest of the team growing - they're starting to understand where he will look to play the ball. his first touch is absolutely exquisite. a joy to see.

rooney dominated the game almost from start to finish. when he's in this mood and form, hungry for the ball and pulling the strings, he's a magnificent player. blackburn simply had no answer and when they tried to get physical they just bounced off him. he's playing with such confidence now and you can see the rest of the team are looking to feed him because they know he's the main man. the breadth of his talent when he's on form is astonishing: tackling, passing, shooting, dribbling, movement, power, pace, vision... when he's on form i doubt there's a more rounded () player in world football atm.

of the rest, vds looked solid, giggs was tidy. excellent games from wes and evra and vidic played himself in, getting better as the match went on (dealt with roberts very well). as i said on the other thread, rio was absolutely imperious. can't really make him motm since he had £#%&! all to do for the last hour or so but he has clearly added another element to his game this year and is bringing the ball out of defence like baresi in his prime. for me there is no doubt that rio is the best defender in the world atm, though i don't expect him to get any mention when lionheart jt is tugging his armband up so mightily down in lahndan.

Unread 05-10-2008, 06:07 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Spot on.

I am now leaving this thread.
if only it was the forum...............

Unread 05-10-2008, 06:08 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
if only it was the forum...............