Chris Quayd

https://www.theguardian.com/football...enham-transfer

Officially not signing Kane

Unread 14-06-2023, 08:20 PM
Ethers

Ffs. Gutted.

Unread 14-06-2023, 08:22 PM
Coracao

Wouldn't believe anything at this stage.

Kane may have to try and force something to happen though, I suspect.

Unread 14-06-2023, 08:22 PM
NedKelly

Disappointed. He’d bag 30 a season for another 3-4 years. He’s exactly what we need.

Unread 14-06-2023, 08:30 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Put the Mount + Min-Jae funds together to finance it .. unique opportunity to have a player of that quality given his contract/mediocrity of club situation .. side needs goals so, so badly

Unread 14-06-2023, 08:31 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
I like the strategy of bailing out early rather than it dragging on - £#%&! em there will be other options.

Kane could be having the rug pulled out from under him again... City, Madrid, United

Unread 14-06-2023, 09:32 PM
Sparky***

Well that was resolved quickly.

Unread 14-06-2023, 09:36 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Well that was resolved quickly.
Good. Rather we moved on than waste all summer before a deadline day panic buy.

Reality is, we can’t afford him. It’d take £100m as a start point and even then we might not get him. Talk is we have £100m-£120m plus any sales. We need 3 players minimum, so we’re in the £50-£70m bracket for 1 or 2, not £100m.

Kane is new owners type signing. This is a ‘normal’ summer for us.

Unread 14-06-2023, 09:58 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
This is a ‘normal’ summer for us.
Oh no, not another one.

Unread 14-06-2023, 10:04 PM
windy waffles

Bring him in next summer...

Unread 14-06-2023, 10:49 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Bring him in next summer...
agreed!

Unread 14-06-2023, 10:56 PM
Stickman

It will be Madrid or nothing from Levys perspective you’d think.

I don’t think Kane has it in him to ‘force the move’.

Unread 14-06-2023, 11:02 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
It will be Madrid or nothing from Levys perspective you’d think.

I don’t think Kane has it in him to ‘force the move’.
Imagine him trying to say "I want to force a move"? Covered in phlegm.

Unread 14-06-2023, 11:05 PM
Hyman_Roth

Good grief - absolutely bobbins news. Already a huge skip full of doom to kick off the transfer window. Bellingham at £88m, us desperate for Mason £#%&!ing Mount and now this. Let us mentally prepare ourselves for the inevitable wave of shit a bit please united ffs. It’s only June.

Ah well, I’m sure there’ll be some up and coming striker from FC Twente that will catch our eye.

Unread 14-06-2023, 11:15 PM
Chorlton74

We've got to be 'realistic'

Im beginning to think the gimps are going to continue pissing about with the sale of the club until the window is closed. leaving us £#%&!ed until january. Simple Glazernomics.

Unread 15-06-2023, 07:20 AM
pedr0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Good. Rather we moved on than waste all summer before a deadline day panic buy.

Reality is, we can’t afford him. It’d take £100m as a start point and even then we might not get him. Talk is we have £100m-£120m plus any sales. We need 3 players minimum, so we’re in the £50-£70m bracket for 1 or 2, not £100m.

Kane is new owners type signing. This is a ‘normal’ summer for us.
I am convinced that kane would make more difference than 2 or 3 £50m players tbh.

Would rather us blow the entire budget on him than (e.g.) Kim + mount + hojland

Unread 15-06-2023, 07:39 AM
dunk

Doesn’t matter what difference Kane would make, we can’t get him.

Unread 15-06-2023, 08:15 AM
shenwen

I’d rather move on if the target is unrealistic - or in the case of Osimhen massively overpriced. Still be nice to get some business done early and avoid a repeat of having to shell out 80 plus million like we did with Antony (criticising the few rather than the player).

Kane at United was a nice thought while it lasted though…

Unread 15-06-2023, 08:27 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
I’d rather move on if the target is unrealistic - or in the case of Osimhen massively overpriced. Still be nice to get some business done early and avoid a repeat of having to shell out 80 plus million like we did with Antony (criticising the few rather than the player).

Kane at United was a nice thought while it lasted though…
I think we’ll get a couple in before the pre season fixtures start. The budget is limited, but there’s a lot of talk of Erik not wanting a repeat of protracted transfer nonsense. I can see us eyeing up our ‘gettable’ £50-£60m transfers and moving onto other targets if there’s no movement. he’s had very little time in the last year to actually work with his players on the training ground and that’s surely got to be a high priority. We had a lot of late in the window signings last year, the Ronaldo issue ans then a season where we were playing 2 games a week and a World Cup.

Even bidding £40m for Mount on the opening day of the window isn’t something we’d have done under Woodward. I really hope we’re looking to move efficiently.

I could see Mount and thar Danish kid in in the next two weeks. That’ll be our £100m-£120m. Shift at least one player in that time (Henderson once de gea signs his new deal) and add that to the funds. Keeper after that and then any additional signings are based on what we sell. That’s how I can see it playing out.

Unread 15-06-2023, 08:34 AM
Hyman_Roth

Mount and the danish kid rather than someone who would score goals for fun and might have an Eric effect on the wider squad.

Anyway, at least we can put the ‘whisper it’ threads in the bin for the foreseeable.