United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 17-07-2023, 07:26 PM
dunk

It’s not as simple as that though, Kane has a say in matters and may be prepared to negotiate with Munich or PSG on the face of it, but if any agreed fee is matched by United and Kane expresses his desire to come to us, or he’ll sit his contract out and come for free next summer, Spurs are £#%&!ed.

I think it’s all reliant on the Glazer’s chucking £90m in of their own money from somewhere, so is likely pie in the sky, but if what I’m saying isn’t the case the board and owners are just utter £#%&!tards. Which I suppose we already know

Unread 17-07-2023, 08:43 PM
BigJim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
I think Munich have a better negotiating platform with this. I think his deal expires next year so in January they will be able to approach him for free and sign him up.
Why would he do this again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
It’s not as simple as that though, Kane has a say in matters and may be prepared to negotiate with Munich or PSG on the face of it, but if any agreed fee is matched by United and Kane expresses his desire to come to us, or he’ll sit his contract out and come for free next summer, Spurs are £#%&!ed.

I think it’s all reliant on the Glazer’s chucking £90m in of their own money from somewhere, so is likely pie in the sky, but if what I’m saying isn’t the case the board and owners are just utter £#%&!tards. Which I suppose we already know
if the Glazers put money in does this supersede ffp?

Unread 17-07-2023, 08:51 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJim

It would help massively. Owners are allowed to invest up to £90m over a certain period, our wonderful owners have never invested a single penny.

Unread 17-07-2023, 08:59 PM
armchair

If they stay they have to buy kane, Interesting quandary.

Unread 17-07-2023, 09:09 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJim

He wouldn’t, but Bayern will save north of 60 million in transfer fees for missing out on him for a year. Maybe even using some of that to give him a bigger contract and signing bonus?

Unread 17-07-2023, 09:21 PM
dunk

Quote:
He wouldn’t, but Bayern will save north of 60 million in transfer fees for missing out on him for a year. Maybe even using some of that to give him a bigger contract and signing bonus?
Does that not apply to United too?

Pretty easy to 'speak to players' without actually doing so. Kane will know now United will pay him handsomely on a free next summer.

Unread 17-07-2023, 09:23 PM
Bunker Buster

Alright mystic dunk

Word in the street is were still poised...

I'd say kane is written off, accept it and move on...

Unread 17-07-2023, 10:31 PM
AK14

I reckon we’ll sign him close to or on deadline day.

Unread 17-07-2023, 10:42 PM
The Judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
I reckon we’ll sign him close to or on deadline day.
Don't we play them first?

Would make sense (for them) to sign him after that

Unread 17-07-2023, 10:43 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Judge
Don't we play them first?

Would make sense (for them) to sign him after that
We’ve got them away 2nd game

Good point though…

I just can’t see him going abroad yet, he’ll want this goal record imo.

Unread 17-07-2023, 10:55 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Does that not apply to United too?

Pretty easy to 'speak to players' without actually doing so. Kane will know now United will pay him handsomely on a free next summer.
United can’t offer him a contract at that point. They can only speak to him a month before his deal expires.

Bayern can table an offer. Would love to Kane join , finances are just too far apart. We can’t afford him , they want to sell at a premium to a domestic team.

Tottenham probably better off letting him go on a free. Lose kane that’s zero chance of a top 4. They’ll have to do the maths and see how much they would get if they make top 4 next year . (Big IF I know) but without Kane they’re settling for 7/8/9th easy

Unread 17-07-2023, 11:03 PM
dunk

Officially they can’t.

Unread 18-07-2023, 12:01 AM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Quote:
Tottenham probably better off letting him go on a free. Lose kane that’s zero chance of a top 4. They’ll have to do the maths and see how much they would get if they make top 4 next year . (Big IF I know) but without Kane they’re settling for 7/8/9th easy
One of the worst takes I've ever read. Either Kane signs a new contract or is sold: he won't sign a new contract so will clearly be sold. Letting a £90 million asset leave for free being the best scenario ffs.

Spurs are also going to be £#%&!ed this season with that Australian chancer at the helm. 6th or below with or without Kane.

Unread 18-07-2023, 12:45 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikvanHaaksbergen
One of the worst takes I've ever read. Either Kane signs a new contract or is sold: he won't sign a new contract so will clearly be sold. Letting a £90 million asset leave for free being the best scenario ffs.

Spurs are also going to be £#%&!ed this season with that Australian chancer at the helm. 6th or below with or without Kane.
Not really Australian btw. Well, about as much as I am and that’s not very….

Is Greek.

Unread 18-07-2023, 12:46 AM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Not really Australian btw. Well, about as much as I am and that’s not very….

Is Greek.
If it quacks like a duck ..

Unread 18-07-2023, 01:01 AM
marlo

Quote:

is he a chancer? didn't he join them off the back of winning the title last season in the league he managed.

can you call someone a chancer if you just have a hunch that he is one?

asking for a friend.

Unread 18-07-2023, 01:33 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
If it quacks like a duck ..
But it doesn’t

Unread 18-07-2023, 04:54 AM
Denis Irwell

Reckon this might just happen for us.

Bayern don’t tend to £#%&! dosh aots and Levy isn’t going to compromise (much) it’s in spurs’ interest to get it done pronto in order to replace him. Don’t honestly see him wanting Bayern, anyway. If Levy wants to be a dick, as per, Kane and poss United are holding the aces. Levy either gets the best fee he can, now, without being silly or makes it even worse by waiting until January, when United and and Kane will have an even stronger hand. Reckon we’ll be pushing hard to sell the dross

Unread 18-07-2023, 09:24 AM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
But it doesn’t
???

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
is he a chancer? didn't he join them off the back of winning the title last season in the league he managed.

can you call someone a chancer if you just have a hunch that he is one?

asking for a friend.

Bit of a gap between managing Ajax to within 30 min of a European Cup final & Yokozuna/Celtic to be fair.

"This is a pinch yourself moment. Me and me mates were talking about the Premier League 5 years ago now here I am smack bang in the middle of it."

Read a couple of commentators comparing the appointment to Wenger coming from the Japanese league .. omitting the point that Wenger was a managerial prodigy who took a team to a European Cup semi final aged 35 whose career was impacted for non-football reasons ..

When this guy tries to play expansive football with that Spurs defence & midfield ..

Unread 04-08-2023, 10:09 PM
Sparky***

Bayern submit final offer of £80m plus add ons.