United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-10-2015, 05:15 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
I know you're making a point, but that's a joke, surely.

I don't know where this idea comes from. De Gea comes for and successfully deals with more crosses than almost any keeper playing today. Don't people watch the games? Remember West Ham slinging in 30 crosses and Andy Carroll trying to kill him, and De Gea calmly punching them all away?

He's dealt with crosses so well that teams no longer really try to test him in the air. This is no accident. Coaching staffs prepare dossiers on every opponent before every game. If they still felt De Gea couldn't handle it, you'd still see crosses bombing in, 4 opponents standing around him at corners, etc.

David James should know there's more to a clean sheet than who's in goal. Romero lost the Swansea game all by himself.

Also, Doctor Hver is a complete £#%&!ing moron.
Sounds like you don't think United are missing the calm and authority Sergio Romero brings to the defence. Interesting.

Unread 03-10-2015, 07:34 PM
Doctor Hver

Quote:
David James should know there's more to a clean sheet than who's in goal. Romero lost the Swansea game all by himself.

Swansea argument is invalid lost twice with De Gea last season.

Unread 03-10-2015, 07:37 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Hver
Swansea argument is invalid lost twice with De Gea last season.
Oh yeah? Did De Gea dive out of the way of a little wibbler along the ground for the winning goals?

There's no way you're a United fan.

Unread 03-10-2015, 11:51 PM
Doctor Hver

Quote:
Oh yeah? Did De Gea dive out of the way of a little wibbler along the ground for the winning goals?

There's no way you're a United fan.
I have never supported Leeds United you are correct.

Unread 04-10-2015, 12:16 AM
Vetch

David James is a £#%&!in moron.

Unread 30-10-2015, 10:45 PM
TheFatGoth

Got some serious beef with Dave has this bitter @#%&!

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/foo...nited-s-De-Gea

Unread 30-10-2015, 10:52 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth

just like scholes, they are saying stuff that will get attention/more tv work.

James went bust and had to sell everything, so i can understand that @#%&!s reasonings.

How the £#%&! he thinks he's any kinda judge of a keeper ffs....im sure wenger took his words to mind

Unread 30-10-2015, 10:55 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
if I say the top three - as a loose number - in the world because he is that good
What? Thick @#%&!.

Unread 30-10-2015, 11:06 PM
Billy Bigbollox

De Gea didn't sign for Madrid because he wasn't guaranteed to be first choice with Navas being so good and all. Pretty sure Navas was coming to OT if the deal went ahead Dave, not thought that one through have you?

Unread 30-10-2015, 11:16 PM
Hank Scorpio

Seems Jamo knows as much about goalkeeping as he did about art.

Unread 30-10-2015, 11:39 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth

Unread 31-10-2015, 02:16 AM
Baron

Quote:
I know you're making a point, but that's a joke, surely.

I don't know where this idea comes from. De Gea comes for and successfully deals with more crosses than almost any keeper playing today. Don't people watch the games? Remember West Ham slinging in 30 crosses and Andy Carroll trying to kill him, and De Gea calmly punching them all away?

He's dealt with crosses so well that teams no longer really try to test him in the air. This is no accident. Coaching staffs prepare dossiers on every opponent before every game. If they still felt De Gea couldn't handle it, you'd still see crosses bombing in, 4 opponents standing around him at corners, etc.

Last season De Gea didn't punch once in the league til around Febuary. A remarkable stat for a modern keeper. He's the best passer (aside from Blind) of all the back 5 & frankly is already one of the two best in the world in his position. Nueur is tremendous but right up his own arse, Dave is VDS levels of calm on top of being the most extraordinary shot stopper.

Thank £#%&! we kept him.

Unread 31-10-2015, 10:22 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Hver
I have never supported Leeds United you are correct.
confirmation

Unread 31-10-2015, 11:31 AM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
i don't know why - but that GIF has me in tears.

Unread 31-10-2015, 02:39 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
confirmation
Banned now, apparently
Closed Thread