United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Who Will You Support @ The Euros?
Italy 13 16.88%
Turkey 1 1.30%
Wales 3 3.90%
Belgium 1 1.30%
Denmark 1 1.30%
Russia 0 0%
Netherlands 1 1.30%
North Macedonia 6 7.79%
Ukraine 0 0%
Croatia 0 0%
England 27 35.06%
Scotland 6 7.79%
Poland 1 1.30%
Spain 1 1.30%
Sweden 0 0%
France 1 1.30%
Germany 1 1.30%
Portugal 13 16.88%
Czech Republic 1 1.30%
Switzerland 0 0%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 08-07-2021, 08:55 AM
Drexl

Thumbs up

It's alright lads: my old grandpappy single handedly stormed a nazi machine-gun nest armed only with a spoon just so you lot can have the freedom to hate a football team

I must admit, our lads are more "sealions" than "three lions", but our gaff is BUZZING for sunday*

my mrs is Italian I'm actually dreading it

Unread 08-07-2021, 08:55 AM
Switching Off

Decent, but dont fancy them Sunday with that team. Denmark caused them problems for a good spell, Italy will.

Going out while your best attacking players are sat on the bench sounds like something Southgate could manage. I'd bring Sancho and Grealish in for Saka and Mount.

Dread to think how the press will turn on the boring bastard if he loses now. They're already calling him deep woke for his "suspiciously well written" letter to England fans Will be pretty nasty I reckon if it goes Italy's way.

Unread 08-07-2021, 09:03 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
That's all well and good pal but you haven't liked ANYTHING in over a decade.....
Word

He’s a right negative @#%&!

Unread 08-07-2021, 09:05 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Right OK, why exactly is that then?

What I find odder is people who - presumably - claim to hate the likes of sterling, Henderson et al throughout the season yet can happily £#%&!ing cheer for them just because, well, 'it's England mate'. I mean just imagine cheering the captain of Liverpool on for a second.

What I find odder is the fact that West aaaam fans hung a £#%&!ing effigy of one of our players because he made a mistake in a world Cup game - nailed on those same £#%&!ers have been cheering on maguire & Shaw this time around btw - but you know, they're brothers in arms now because England.

I realise I'm in the minority but this whole "you should support your country" notion is complete %@#$&!s, and seems to come from those with an IQ in the low 40's. Queen and Country eh. No thanks.
Complaining about people with a low iq and then posting that ^^^

Struggling with anyone who can’t separate dick head West Ham fans in 1996 from wanting their national team to do well in 2021. But but sir, the naughty West Ham fans had a go at david beckham.

And haven’t got the maturity to recognise that national players also play for rival clubs.

Embarrassing - the anti England thing amongst united fans is very old hat - relevant in 1996 but completely irrelevant now. It now comes across as a mixture of ‘look at me, I’m edgy’ tinged with ultra woke left wing politics.

Grow up.

Unread 08-07-2021, 09:09 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth

Struggling with anyone who can’t separate dick head West Ham fans in 1996 from wanting their national team to do well in 2021. But but sir, the naughty West Ham fans had a go at david beckham.

And haven’t got the maturity to recognise that national players also play for rival clubs.

Embarrassing - the anti England thing amongst united fans is very old hat - relevant in 1996 but completely irrelevant now. It now comes across as a mixture of ‘look at me, I’m edgy’ tinged with ultra woke left wing politics.

Grow up.
Johnson attending a football match in a shirt with his own name on the back

List all the reasons for getting behind “our boys” that you want, but that image alone is enough to make any reasonable person hope england lose so he can’t use the victory to his personal advantage

Unread 08-07-2021, 09:14 AM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Johnson attending a football match in a shirt with his own name on the back

List all the reasons for getting behind “our boys” that you want, but that image alone is enough to make any reasonable person hope england lose so he can’t use the victory to his personal advantage
I actually think any reasonable person would see through his bullshit and not want him in office.

But on that I'm deffo in the minority.

He isn't taking footie off me the scruffy #@&%!

Vindaloooo

Unread 08-07-2021, 09:18 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl
It's alright lads: my old grandpappy single handedly stormed a nazi machine-gun nest armed only with a spoon just so you lot can have the freedom to hate a football team

I must admit, our lads are more "sealions" than "three lions", but our gaff is BUZZING for sunday*

my mrs is Italian I'm actually dreading it
Love Drexers and his enthusiasm. Every time my engine stutters, you start me back up again

Unread 08-07-2021, 09:21 AM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Love Drexers and his enthusiasm. Every time my engine stutters, you start me back up again
you are welcome pal

We are all hurtling into DOOM, we may as well have a laugh about it

Unread 08-07-2021, 09:54 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
That's all well and good pal but you haven't liked ANYTHING in over a decade.....
Wrong. I liked your golf instazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Unread 08-07-2021, 10:05 AM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Right OK, why exactly is that then?

What I find odder is people who - presumably - claim to hate the likes of sterling, Henderson et al throughout the season yet can happily £#%&!ing cheer for them just because, well, 'it's England mate'. I mean just imagine cheering the captain of Liverpool on for a second.

What I find odder is the fact that West aaaam fans hung a £#%&!ing effigy of one of our players because he made a mistake in a world Cup game - nailed on those same £#%&!ers have been cheering on maguire & Shaw this time around btw - but you know, they're brothers in arms now because England.

I realise I'm in the minority but this whole "you should support your country" notion is complete %@#$&!s, and seems to come from those with an IQ in the low 40's. Queen and Country eh. No thanks.
the beckham thing was 23 years ago. it's just a game of football mate...

i've enjoyed it. it's been great watching my son get so into the tournament, the little english bastard.

Unread 08-07-2021, 10:17 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
the beckham thing was 23 years ago. it's just a game of football mate...

i've enjoyed it. it's been great watching my son get so into the tournament, the little english bastard.
Yep, my kids have loved it plus a break from club rivalries with non united mates is good for the soul occasionally.

Unread 08-07-2021, 10:22 AM
silv

Quote:
Yep, my kids have loved it plus a break from club rivalries with non united mates is good for the soul occasionally.
there are some miserable try hards on here

Unread 08-07-2021, 10:31 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
there are some miserable try hards on here
If Jack can see past his lifelong allegiance to Eire and the RA then the rest of the miserable bastards should be able to get behind the bloody national team.

Unread 08-07-2021, 10:38 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:

Grow up.

Bit suspicious that you're so concerned about who someone else supports. You Roth protest too much.

And also, suggesting that my feelings are even remotely political is what's embarassing and probably says more about yourself...

Anyway I hope you thoroughly enjoy the final pal. Crack on.

Unread 08-07-2021, 10:47 AM
MagnificentSeven

i don't mean to come across as all top red because i like to see england do well, i enjoyed last night, if they do it on sunday then good on them. plus, it's nice seeing some positivity up and down this country, after how divided it has been the past few years.

but it's hard for me to even pretend to be as enthused about england as i am about united. honestly, beating leeds in a few weeks' time will resonate with me more than if england win on sunday.

the fact i was relaxed watching england play a semi, whereas i would be feeling sick if it was united in a champions league semi, probably confirms it.

Unread 08-07-2021, 10:54 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Bit suspicious that you're so concerned about who someone else supports. You Roth protest too much.

And also, suggesting that my feelings are even remotely political is what's embarassing and probably says more about yourself...

Anyway I hope you thoroughly enjoy the final pal. Crack on.
No pal, the politics stuff wasn’t aimed at you - just the immaturity and low cognitive ability regarding rival players and 1996.

Thanks though, will try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
i don't mean to come across as all top red because i like to see england do well, i enjoyed last night, if they do it on sunday then good on them. plus, it's nice seeing some positivity up and down this country, after how divided it has been the past few years.

but it's hard for me to even pretend to be as enthused about england as i am about united. honestly, beating leeds in a few weeks' time will resonate with me more than if england win on sunday.

the fact i was relaxed watching england play a semi, whereas i would be feeling sick if it was united in a champions league semi, probably confirms it.
Yep, agree entirely. feel ultra relaxed watching England as opposed to united.

Unread 08-07-2021, 11:00 AM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
If Jack can see past his lifelong allegiance to Eire and the RA then the rest of the miserable bastards should be able to get behind the bloody national team.
exactly. this is my 'mcguinness meets the queen' moment.

Unread 08-07-2021, 11:11 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
No pal, the politics stuff wasn’t aimed at you - just the immaturity and low cognitive ability regarding rival players and 1996.

Thanks though, will try.

So it's immature not to support your nation at football. Right. OK

Unread 08-07-2021, 11:12 AM
Neo

Angry

£#%&! England and any @#%&! that supports them. Hope the Arch collapses on Sunday after a piss-easy Italy win with one end impaling that attention-seeking @#%&! Johnson, and the other landing on that smiley #@&%! 'Prince Wills'.

Lets pray for some genuine heartache for all the giddy, face-painted "It's coming home" #@&%!s that will be packed into pubs all day on Sunday.

Also, a special mention for all the #@&%! United fans having a pop at other Reds that don't follow the @#%&! national side. So what? Sing your national anthem, wave your £#%&!ing flag, and rate how good "Raz" has been, you gimps, don't worry about what I'm doing.

Unread 08-07-2021, 11:24 AM
Whip Hubley

Neo sitting on the fence as usual
Closed Thread