United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-10-2021, 05:15 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
I said it before the break but that Ronaldo signing could have £#%&!ed him. Imagine the type of tantrums he’ll have been having after the last three or four games and who are the players going to lean towards? The worlds greatest player or someone who they have no affiliation towards whatsoever?
[SIZE="1"]World’s greatest player

Unread 16-10-2021, 05:18 PM
Drexl

He was never going to succeed with that midfield

#stitchedup

Neo

Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999
Dropping Ronaldo.
I'd say dropping our worst player, Wan Bissaka, and going with three at the back.

De Gea

Lindelof --- Varane --- Maguire

Sancho --- Matic --- Pogba --- Shaw

Bruno

Greenwood --- Ronaldo

djsst

Quote:
Solskjaer: "We have to dust ourselves off. Make sure that when we come in again, freshen our minds, we've looked ourselves in the mirror, I've looked myself in the mirror - make sure we perform. That is the nature of football, you have to respond to set-backs."

Unread 16-10-2021, 05:20 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsst
Responding to set pieces might be a start…

Unread 16-10-2021, 05:24 PM
AK14

I saw someone on Twitter mention that the change he’s going to make will be a Mcfratic midfield

Made me chuckle a little

Unread 16-10-2021, 05:26 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
I saw someone on Twitter mention that the change he’s going to make will be a Mcfratic midfield

Made me chuckle a little

The big issue is this half press he plays. They have a high line but don’t press. Just drop them deeper a bit which will close the gaps. If you’re not going to press don’t do it at all. Fill the mid with three CMs . There are ways around it, or at the very least he has to see it’s not working and he has to change it slightly. We don’t control games? Maybe start VDB ina. A mid three with Bruno having a bit more of a free role

Unread 16-10-2021, 05:29 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
The big issue is this half press he plays. They have a high line but don’t press. Just drop them deeper a bit which will close the gaps. If you’re not going to press don’t do it at all. Fill the mid with three CMs . There are ways around it, or at the very least he has to see it’s not working and he has to change it slightly. We don’t control games? Maybe start VDB ina. A mid three with Bruno having a bit more of a free role
Been watching football nearly 40 years and don’t understand a word of this.

Unread 16-10-2021, 05:33 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Been watching football nearly 40 years and don’t understand a word of this.
The players take up positions in the opposition half but don’t close the ball. As a result our players are standing in a position with big gaps which allows for an easy pass from the opposition to bypass our attack and central midfield .

If they all played a bit deeper the gaps will be smaller and harder for the opposition to pass right through our midfield

Unread 16-10-2021, 05:37 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
The players take up positions in the opposition half but don’t close the ball. As a result our players are standing in a position with big gaps which allows for an easy pass from the opposition to bypass our attack and central midfield .

If they all played a bit deeper the gaps will be smaller and harder for the opposition to pass right through our midfield
As i said in a previous post

"They don't know what they're doing out there. Any of them. It's all "do as you like lads". And as it turns out, most of them don't want to defend. Or tackle. Or close down. You know the dirty unglamorous stuff.

We've turned into Arsenal, only without the occasional nice bit of football thrown in."

We're a very nice team to play against

Unread 16-10-2021, 05:38 PM
TheNew

I think he's done a pretty decent Job, improved the squad and made us competitive. But he's a million percent taken us as far as he can.

Time to go. And I feel sad about that.

Unread 16-10-2021, 05:45 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsst
Solskjaer: "We have to dust ourselves off. Make sure that when we come in again, freshen our minds, we've looked ourselves in the mirror, I've looked myself in the mirror - make sure we perform. That is the nature of football, you have to respond to set-backs."
Jesus Christ

Unread 16-10-2021, 05:49 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Jesus Christ
Just £#%&! off.

And Ole etc....

Unread 16-10-2021, 05:53 PM
AK14

A vote of confidence so soon after the game…

Unread 16-10-2021, 06:00 PM
atticusgrinch

We should be on the blower to Poch telling him to get himself sacked ASAP.

"Call Naymar a sister £#%&!er. A fight with Messi on the training ground. Knock the little @#%&! out. You figure it out"

Unread 16-10-2021, 06:02 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch

"Call Naymar a sister £#%&!er. A fight with Messi on the training ground. Knock the little @#%&! out. You figure it out"
As soon as he’s available they’ll sack Ole imo.

That’s what they’re waiting for.

Unread 16-10-2021, 06:04 PM
believe

Yes, what this team needs right now is a serial loser who cries at getting a semi.

Unread 16-10-2021, 06:05 PM
My Name is Heath

Thumbs down

Quote:
Yes, what this team needs right now is a serial loser who cries at getting a semi.
That reads like my dating profile

Unread 16-10-2021, 06:05 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch

‘Poch in chairman’s wife turd prank storm’

Unread 16-10-2021, 06:30 PM
tatty

One thing Ole HAS had success with is somehow getting a couple of results just when the axe was looking likely to come down.

I've never hoped for us to get beat but a couple of wins over the next fortnight might not be the best long term result for us.
Closed Thread