United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-10-2021, 05:35 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Because until recently, he did better than expected?
that doesn't even make sense.

Unread 16-10-2021, 05:46 PM
Denis Irwell

Club is rotten to the core with too many snouts in the trough, from the Glazers down to coaches, players, boardroom.

Unread 16-10-2021, 05:47 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
that doesn't even make sense.
Of course it does, as a response to the query "how has he lasted this long?"

That's how, basically.

Unread 16-10-2021, 05:49 PM
Mr_Ed

Seen our next 8 games? season is over and he needs to get gone.

Unread 16-10-2021, 05:53 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Of course it does, as a response to the query "how has he lasted this long?"

That's how, basically.
it doesn't

done better than expected?

on what metric?

we're man united ffs - better than expected? how? we've won £#%&! all.

we tanked in the Europa League final, we've had some shocking results and performances... we've got some world class players in our squad. we should be doing better than this, so on that basis, he's not done better than expected... he's falling below expectations.

and if, based on his own progression, we've done better than expected, why did we ever employ him in the first place? I'm not interested in ole doing better than expected for him, if this is where we are.

you post is utter crap.

Unread 16-10-2021, 05:57 PM
red in cumbria

Seriously, its been rehearsed often enough on here about how things improved under him - for a while.

We actually genuinely thought we could win the league for a big part of last season - when did that happen previously?

I'm not having this revisionism that he has always been shit. Sorry.

Unread 16-10-2021, 05:59 PM
silv

Quote:
Seriously, its been rehearsed often enough on here about how things improved under him - for a while.

We actually genuinely thought we could win the league for a big part of last season - when did that happen previously?

One game we were top

Unread 16-10-2021, 06:01 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
One game we were top
And competitive for rather longer.

But you already know this, of course.

Unread 16-10-2021, 06:02 PM
elhombre

Quote:

your post is utter crap

that squad, let alone before Ronaldo, should have won the EL final - it was a gimme

we shouldn't be stuttering through games like we have this season - today was abysmal

I don't know what line of work you're in - but if you're earning a wedge, with the resources he has and with the financial and performance requirements he has been given, you'd be £#%&!ed off sharpish with how he's carrying on

it's not a hobby - the longer this goes on the longer it will be before we're even in the same universe we are as city and Chelsea in order to win the league

ole is acting like the son of a rich man who has been given the keys to business and is beyond reproach.

Unread 16-10-2021, 06:02 PM
silv

Quote:
And competitive for rather longer.

But you already know this, of course.
We fell apart in the league the game after we went top

Unread 16-10-2021, 06:05 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
your post is utter crap

that squad, let alone before Ronaldo, should have won the EL final - it was a gimme

we shouldn't be stuttering through games like we have this season - today was abysmal

I don't know what line of work you're in - but if you're earning a wedge, with the resources he has and with the financial and performance requirements he has been given, you'd be £#%&!ed off sharpish with how he's carrying on

it's not a hobby - the longer this goes on the longer it will be before we're even in the same universe we are as city and Chelsea in order to win the league

ole is acting like the son of a rich man who has been given the keys to business and is beyond reproach.
Hey, do you actually think I am defending how he is doing NOW?? My posts recently surely can't have left you with that impression

Unread 16-10-2021, 06:05 PM
AK14

Resigning?

Unread 16-10-2021, 06:06 PM
Dasilvatwins

I’ve always defended him but the writing is on the wall.

In the previous seasons I’ve always maintained he needs his own team , clear out the shite from the last managers. Both who had contrasting styles so there were the shit@#%&!s to get rid of . Then the players that don’t fit . Then he has to sign his own.

This is handicapped by a board who doesn’t want to win(top 4 is enough). So there’s a handicap over trying to get your players in and removing the ones you don’t want. The rubbish deepens when the board like to give Jones Bailey etc new contracts. Even lingard is offered one and right now he is behind Sancho Greenwood rashford and martial . Not to mention giving the current coaching setups extensions earlier this month. Just wait till the summer. Hardly going to be poached my Madrid. It’s a lack of foresight, everything is done with very little planning

He finished second last season and whilst that isn’t an accomplishment, it’s enough to give the manager another window get players in and improve. He signed a top prospect one of the words best CB and one of the worlds best strikers. You expect improvement on that. I can understand bringing Ronaldo in may alter things as you can’t press as much etc, but you have to have a plan in place around it. You can let the first few games slip because implementing a plan can take time but I’m just not seeing any improvement anymore.

The less said about the manor the goals are conceded the better. Again on the coaching staff because it’s not a case of players getting out muscled , we just have big gaps.

I’ve wanted to give him time as it’s his squad but this is taking the piss. He cannot put this level of show out with the players we have. Even without a CM you expect a fight .

He will be sacked after the next run of hard games and we need to get a manager who plays attacking football and who’s style is more tactician based. This team needs to be coached right.

Side note. Pogba is a grade a @#%&! and should leave with him. His comments after the game about tactics show you what type of person he is. Picks up 300k a week and is first to rock the boat. Did the same vs Jose and is doing it now. Absolute shithouse . The ultimate luxury player, bang average but can have moments of top class. That isn’t good enough . He can leave with ole too.

Unread 16-10-2021, 06:07 PM
20LEgend1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Dropping Ronaldo.

Unread 16-10-2021, 06:08 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Hey, do you actually think I am defending how he is doing NOW?? My posts recently surely can't have left you with that impression
you need to make your point clearer then

I'm being fickle - ole winning something with united would have been epic and halcyon days.

but it's not working - so for that reason, he's got to go.

we're not Everton, this run of form over the last few seasons isn't good enough.

Unread 16-10-2021, 06:08 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999
Dropping Ronaldo.
Same thing tbf.

Unread 16-10-2021, 06:10 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
I’ve always defended him but the writing is on the wall.

In the previous seasons I’ve always maintained he needs his own team , clear out the shite from the last managers. Both who had contrasting styles so there were the shit@#%&!s to get rid of . Then the players that don’t fit . Then he has to sign his own.

This is handicapped by a board who doesn’t want to win(top 4 is enough). So there’s a handicap over trying to get your players in and removing the ones you don’t want. The rubbish deepens when the board like to give Jones Bailey etc new contracts. Even lingard is offered one and right now he is behind Sancho Greenwood rashford and martial . Not to mention giving the current coaching setups extensions earlier this month. Just wait till the summer. Hardly going to be poached my Madrid. It’s a lack of foresight, everything is done with very little planning

He finished second last season and whilst that isn’t an accomplishment, it’s enough to give the manager another window get players in and improve. He signed a top prospect one of the words best CB and one of the worlds best strikers. You expect improvement on that. I can understand bringing Ronaldo in may alter things as you can’t press as much etc, but you have to have a plan in place around it. You can let the first few games slip because implementing a plan can take time but I’m just not seeing any improvement anymore.

The less said about the manor the goals are conceded the better. Again on the coaching staff because it’s not a case of players getting out muscled , we just have big gaps.

I’ve wanted to give him time as it’s his squad but this is taking the piss. He cannot put this level of show out with the players we have. Even without a CM you expect a fight .

He will be sacked after the next run of hard games and we need to get a manager who plays attacking football and who’s style is more tactician based. This team needs to be coached right.

Side note. Pogba is a grade a @#%&! and should leave with him. His comments after the game about tactics show you what type of person he is. Picks up 300k a week and is first to rock the boat. Did the same vs Jose and is doing it now. Absolute shithouse . The ultimate luxury player, bang average but can have moments of top class. That isn’t good enough . He can leave with ole too.
I’ve no problem Pogba calling this shit out

It’s absolute £#%&!

Unread 16-10-2021, 06:11 PM
believe

I said it before the break but that Ronaldo signing could have £#%&!ed him. Imagine the type of tantrums he’ll have been having after the last three or four games and who are the players going to lean towards? The worlds greatest player or someone who they have no affiliation towards whatsoever?

Unread 16-10-2021, 06:12 PM
red in cumbria

Yes, but its Pogba.

He is part of the problem not the solution.

Unread 16-10-2021, 06:14 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
I’ve no problem Pogba calling this shit out

It’s absolute £#%&!
It would be one thing for Ronaldo or Bruno to do it. It’s another for a player who largely players below average for us and is one of the highest paid players . ESP since what he did when Jose got sacked. It’s a poor mentality to have. Rock the boat the moment you can see the tide turning against you. Again if it were any one of the players who play good, even today rashford did well , if it were rashford or de gea then I’m all for it .
Closed Thread