United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-02-2021, 03:54 PM
Sparky***

I genuinely cannot for the life of me believe there are people willing to take shots at Bruno Fernandes ffs. I mean of all the players we've had in the last 7 £#%&!ing years. And the amount of under performing frauds we've seen that were defended to the hilt. I can't believe what i'm reading.

He's scored nearly 20 goals from midfield and no other player in europe has assisted and scored more. Without him we'd be absolutely £#%&!ed. We'd be mid-table. It's as close as i've seen to Bryan Robson dragging a bang average United side along in the 80s.

Unread 15-02-2021, 04:15 PM
Vida_15

Bruno deserves nothing but praise for how he has helped transform this club since his arrival...hell we need two or three more guys like him to help complete the change in mindset of these younger players

bashing him??? you guys are £#%&!ing mental midgets

Unread 15-02-2021, 04:21 PM
Big Norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I genuinely cannot for the life of me believe there are people willing to take shots at Bruno Fernandes ffs. I mean of all the players we've had in the last 7 £#%&!ing years. And the amount of under performing frauds we've seen that were defended to the hilt. I can't believe what i'm reading.

He's scored nearly 20 goals from midfield and no other player in europe has assisted and scored more. Without him we'd be absolutely £#%&!ed. We'd be mid-table. It's as close as i've seen to Bryan Robson dragging a bang average United side along in the 80s.
Absolutely spot on.

Unread 15-02-2021, 04:22 PM
Bunker Buster

Pub footballer you know

Unread 15-02-2021, 05:09 PM
d_knight

If anything we owe him an apology.
So sorry Bruno that the players around you are so shit, lackluster and have no enthusiasm.

You wanted to sign for a big club, instead you got 'billboard forehead' , 'eternal benchwarmer' and 'too scared of crosses'.

Unread 15-02-2021, 05:14 PM
Lok

He's a creative player who is always trying to force things. Often it will not come off but his stats speak for themselves.

To criticise him for losing the ball a few times when his overall output is so good is mental.

Without him we'd be £#%&!ed.

Unread 15-02-2021, 05:44 PM
utd99

We should be building the entire squad around him, he should be captain and we were extremely fortunate not to have missed the opportunity to sign him.

However, some of the things he does are absolute wtf moments. Anyone denying this is deluded.

Hopefully that’s clear enough for the reach-arounds.

Unread 15-02-2021, 05:50 PM
Ethers

Pub footballer

You £#%&!ing tit.

Unread 15-02-2021, 05:52 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Pub footballer

You £#%&!ing tit.
I may be clueless, but at least I’m not shit scared to voice an opinion.

Getting called out now and again is not as scary as you think mate, it’s actually quite liberating. You should try it.

Still, at least I’ve given you some material for the next year eh? The “coaching” thing was getting a little worn.

Unread 16-02-2021, 03:32 PM
Vida_15

Speaking via the club’s official website, Scholes played down claims that Fernandes is a similar player to him:

“He is different to me. I played in that [number 10] position for a while but I was never as creative or scored as many goals as he has in that position.

“Obviously I played in a deeper role than he is, but you have to look at his numbers and what he is doing is sensational. We just need to get a team around him that can push on to win the league.

“Are we too reliant on him? No, I don’t think so. That is his role in the team. You have to remember United paid a lot of money for this type of player.

“He is a player whose job it is to create goals and score goals. Now he is doing that better than we ever imagined. Other players need to step up now.”

https://www.football365.com/news/sch...onal-fernandes

Unread 16-02-2021, 05:11 PM
doudou

They paid a lot of money for him -- 55 million quid IIRC -- but that's what £#%&! BAzooka cost, and a only a little more than Fred.

It's a sensational piece of business and all the more surprising since we always get shafted in the market

Unread 16-02-2021, 05:42 PM
puressence

Pub footballer. Call of the century .. literally can’t cope

Unread 16-02-2021, 05:48 PM
goldfinger II

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudou
They paid a lot of money for him -- 55 million quid IIRC -- but that's what £#%&! BAzooka cost, and a only a little more than Fred.

It's a sensational piece of business and all the more surprising since we always get shafted in the market
It really is amazing that we were able to get him for that money and despite failing to get the deal done first time out. Dunno how there wasn't a stampede for his signature.

Unread 16-02-2021, 05:52 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
We should be building the entire squad around him, he should be captain and we were extremely fortunate not to have missed the opportunity to sign him.

However, some of the things he does are absolute wtf moments. Anyone denying this is deluded.

Hopefully that’s clear enough for the reach-arounds.
Very sensitive guys on here, pretty clear you rate Brunito.

IMO he'd have an even more insane production if we had a more stable team.

38 games for us in the league now, full season. And he has 38 goals/assists.

Unreal.

Unread 16-02-2021, 06:48 PM
pedr0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
I’d like to see Mata come back into the fold. He links up well with him too and while we’re looking so bereft and tired, it’s the perfect time. Mata is a strange one because he was playing a key role early on and it’s just fallen away.
I was thinking the same thing on Sunday. He's one of the best we've got at breaking down a team defending deep like WBA were.

The last 15 minutes of Newcastle away earlier in the season, we had VDB, Mata and Bruno playing as a three behind rashford, plus pogba in midfield. Some of the quick passing was

Unread 16-02-2021, 07:31 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vida_15
Speaking via the club’s official website, Scholes played down claims that Fernandes is a similar player to him:

“He is different to me. I played in that [number 10] position for a while but I was never as creative or scored as many goals as he has in that position.

“Obviously I played in a deeper role than he is, but you have to look at his numbers and what he is doing is sensational. We just need to get a team around him that can push on to win the league.

“Are we too reliant on him? No, I don’t think so. That is his role in the team. You have to remember United paid a lot of money for this type of player.

“He is a player whose job it is to create goals and score goals. Now he is doing that better than we ever imagined. Other players need to step up now.”

https://www.football365.com/news/sch...onal-fernandes
We "just" need to get a team around him. Classic Scholes

Unread 16-02-2021, 09:19 PM
Cream

Exclamation

Say what you like about Utd99’ers but he’s not afraid to voice his unpopular opinions.

Respect.

Unread 16-02-2021, 09:22 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Say what you like about Utd99’ers
Will do 👍

Unread 16-02-2021, 09:24 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Say what you like about Utd99’ers but he’s not afraid to voice his unpopular opinions.

Respect.
He on track for taking foty first quarter for me clive.

Threadsplainig a wide array olitics, finance, utd, foodage, the god delusion

Unread 16-02-2021, 10:24 PM
Ethers

Quote:

Respect.
Apart from never actually having the %@#$&!s to say he wanted Ole gone, of course.
Closed Thread