Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 06-03-2008, 11:32 PM
edwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnson
The UEFA Cup is shite
Yes.

Was glad we finished bottom of our group the other year and avoided it.

Unread 07-03-2008, 05:34 AM
bcred

you lot are spoilt,uefa

Unread 07-03-2008, 07:11 AM
borsuk

uefa is crap these days with the league format and then all the cl failures dropping down into it. really devalues it imo. look at bayern - if they win it, who will they have beat? not a single top side, if we're honest. whatever history it once had is long gone, i'm afraid.

fa cup every time. mind you, i'm of an age that i still remember the times when doing the double was an incredible achievement

Unread 07-03-2008, 09:03 AM
MonkeyOnMyBack

Got this riddle sent to me in July 2006:

In London Spurs and Arsenal could do it, as could Chelsea and West Ham.
Both Manchester City and United could also do it. Everton and Rangers
could do it, but not Liverpool or Celtic. The only British clubs that
could do it this season are Man United (who would probably prefer not
to) and Arsenal (who have gone closest so far and are desperate to do
it). It would take Everton and City the longest to do it.

There is only one other British club that could do it. Who are they and
what is it?

Spoiler:
click to showhide
Aberdeen & UEFA Cup
click to showhide

Unread 07-03-2008, 09:12 AM
edwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyOnMyBack
Got this riddle sent to me in July 2006:

In London Spurs and Arsenal could do it, as could Chelsea and West Ham.
Both Manchester City and United could also do it. Everton and Rangers
could do it, but not Liverpool or Celtic. The only British clubs that
could do it this season are Man United (who would probably prefer not
to) and Arsenal (who have gone closest so far and are desperate to do
it). It would take Everton and City the longest to do it.

There is only one other British club that could do it. Who are they and
what is it?

Spoiler:
click to showhide
Aberdeen & UEFA Cup
click to showhide
I am going to guess that it is winning, the European Cup/ UEFA Cup and Cup Winners Cup ?

Aberdeen would be the missing club

Unread 07-03-2008, 09:13 AM
denis lawless

as someone who has played sport since the year dot and is highly competitive i would have to say id want to win both.

Unread 07-03-2008, 09:25 AM
MonkeyOnMyBack

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwin
I am going to guess that it is winning, the European Cup/ UEFA Cup and Cup Winners Cup ?

Aberdeen would be the missing club
Yes, Aberdeen and winning the lot, not just the uefa as my spoiler might suggest - that's just the one we miss...

For that reason the UEFA would be good. However, i grew up on FA cups, 1983 and 1985 made me United so, as denis said, both would be nice.

Unread 07-03-2008, 10:39 AM
edwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyOnMyBack
Yes, Aberdeen and winning the lot, not just the uefa as my spoiler might suggest - that's just the one we miss...

For that reason the UEFA would be good. However, i grew up on FA cups, 1983 and 1985 made me United so, as denis said, both would be nice.
Any trophy is welcome. You have to fail initially to win the UEFA cup though

Unread 07-03-2008, 11:11 AM
Kim Jong-il

The question isn't "Would you like to win both"? You #@&%!ed mongs, of course we would prefer to win both.

Unread 07-03-2008, 11:24 AM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Jong-il
The question isn't "Would you like to win both"? You #@&%!ed mongs, of course we would prefer to win both.
for me though it would be like choosing my favourite son/daughter.......i wouldnt just like to win both....i would demand to win both

Unread 07-03-2008, 12:31 PM
The Watcher

Well, because of the way European Football has gone, simply being in the UEFA Cup suggests failure, especially for a Club of our stature. It’s a disgrace really – being in a Cup competition, particularly a European one, should be something to be proud off. UEFA have devalued a once great competition.

Looking at some of the teams in this seasons UEFA Cup – Bayern Munich, Anderlect, Red Star Belgrade – reminded me of the European Cup actually. Some great clubs and historical ties there.

However, if we were in the UEFA Cup and FA Cup, given the choice, I’d want the UEFA Cup. It’s the only major trophy that we haven’t won and would complete the set of all three European trophies. I think Ajax, Barca and Juventus are the only clubs to have the full set.

Unread 07-03-2008, 12:44 PM
Kim Jong-il

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
It’s the only major trophy that we haven’t won and would complete the set of all three European trophies.
I would like to win it for that reason too. But that doesn't make it a better trophy than the FA cup. If you could ignore the fact that we haven't won it before, which would you prefer to win?
Closed Thread