United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-03-2008, 11:58 AM
waynes ear's

did it ever stop? no really did it?

Unread 05-03-2008, 12:01 PM
Rhodzy

They deserve praise, winning in the San Siro albeit against a poor Milan side is a great achievement but the praise they get always goes far to overboard, it's absolutely cringeworthy which is why i'm avoiding SSN until the weekend.

Unread 05-03-2008, 12:02 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
the same Milan team that have won 11 league games so far this season (from 26) and lie 5th. They looked awful last night.
They hardly set their league alight last season and went on to win the Champions League.

They got caught out big time last night for putting all their eggs in one basket yet again. The Champions League is all they are interested in (a bit like the scousers)

I for one am pleased Arsenal beat them because I fancy us to beat Arsenal over Milan any day of the week.

Unread 05-03-2008, 12:04 PM
Barracuda

Credit where it's due, Arse went along to the European Champions and played them off the park.

However, it's not quite the result of the century that is being made out.

Anyone who has seen Milan play on Channel 5 over the past few months, will have seen that they are a shadow of the team they look on paper - they've been £#%&!ing abysmal, and much weaker teams than Arsenal have also beaten them.

Italian teams don't seem to be able to handle fast high pressure British style teams, because they're not used to it in their league. More reason why it £#%&!s me off when SAF ditches that style and tries to play them at their own game.

Unread 05-03-2008, 12:14 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
They hardly set their league alight last season and went on to win the Champions League.

They got caught out big time last night for putting all their eggs in one basket yet again. The Champions League is all they are interested in (a bit like the scousers)

I for one am pleased Arsenal beat them because I fancy us to beat Arsenal over Milan any day of the week.
i agree with this but it's the "5 greatest results of all time" lists they run on SSN etc that really gets my back up. I figure every other £#%&!er is giving them credit so why should I? I had #@&%! heads from Uni i have not heard from for 2 years texting me last night saying "arsenal for the double" and stuff like that.

Unread 05-03-2008, 12:17 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
i agree with this but it's the "5 greatest results of all time" lists they run on SSN etc that really gets my back up. I figure every other £#%&!er is giving them credit so why should I? I had #@&%! heads from Uni i have not heard from for 2 years texting me last night saying "arsenal for the double" and stuff like that.
Well, that's OTT. You know that, I know that. Let them have their moment of glory. No one will remember this result when they get dumped out of the next round and finish 2nd or 3rd in the league.

Unread 05-03-2008, 12:21 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Well, that's OTT. You know that, I know that. Let them have their moment of glory. No one will remember this result when they get dumped out of the next round and finish 2nd or 3rd in the league.
i know what you mean but i am a little irrational when it comes to these @#%&!s. I hate wenger and his army of clowns.

Unread 05-03-2008, 12:45 PM
Kim Jong-il

Credit where its due my arse. Why don't you all £#%&! off and support Arsenal then?

Unread 05-03-2008, 12:56 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barracuda
Credit where it's due, Arse went along to the European Champions and played them off the park.

Anyone who has seen Milan play on Channel 5 over the past few months, will have seen that they are a shadow of the team they look on paper - they've been £#%&!ing abysmal, and much weaker teams than Arsenal have also beaten them.

Italian teams don't seem to be able to handle fast high pressure British style teams, because they're not used to it in their league. More reason why it £#%&!s me off when SAF ditches that style and tries to play them at their own game.
whats c5

Unread 05-03-2008, 12:57 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
whats c5
An explosive more powerful than C4

Unread 05-03-2008, 12:58 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Jong-il
Credit where its due my arse. Why don't you all £#%&! off and support Arsenal then?
Because being a football fan in general I can appreciate it when a team plays well and beats another team...

I happen to think that Arsenal do play good football sometimes... It's good to watch. I make no apologies for that - still don't like them though.

I know lots of 'supporters' who hate United but begrudgingly respect us because of the way we play.

Unread 05-03-2008, 12:58 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
More reason why it £#%&!s me off when SAF ditches that style and tries to play them at their own game.
Exactly

Unread 05-03-2008, 12:59 PM
Kim Jong-il

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Because being an Arsenal fan in general.

Unread 05-03-2008, 01:00 PM
El Calafate

we wouldn't of won last night in Milan, not playing how we did. nft.

Unread 05-03-2008, 01:01 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Jong-il
Well done... Your argument gains momentum

Unread 05-03-2008, 01:04 PM
Kim Jong-il

Quote:

Unread 05-03-2008, 01:10 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Because being a football fan in general I can appreciate it when a team plays well and beats another team...

I happen to think that Arsenal do play good football sometimes... It's good to watch. I make no apologies for that - still don't like them though.

I know lots of 'supporters' who hate United but begrudgingly respect us because of the way we play.
no one is suggesting that they are not a good side. They are merely advocating their displeasure at the media £#%&!athon that follows every victory they have. Why are you so arsed that people don't like the slimy @#%&!s? No one has said that arsenal do not play good football etc but their result last night was hardly result of the century. I am sick of the over-zealous coverage of arsenal in the media. Before you say "just ignore it" - i do try to, but i am a fan of football in general as well as a red so i quite like to know about other games, other teams etc. However the reporting of arsenal is particularly sickening.

Unread 05-03-2008, 01:12 PM
Zorg

A £#%&!fest after beating the holders Milan 2-0 away without breaking sweat is annoying but to be expected.

It winds me up more when it's after beatig Derby at home and they celebrate on the pitch like they've won the Treble.

Unread 05-03-2008, 01:16 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
A £#%&!fest after beating the holders Milan 2-0 away without breaking sweat is annoying but to be expected.

It winds me up more when it's after beatig Derby at home and they celebrate on the pitch like they've won the Treble.
you are probably right

Unread 05-03-2008, 03:35 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:

Good post.

We would have lost in Milan last night because we'd have played a cagey, nervy, over-respectful, negative game.
Just like we always do in this £#%&!ing competition.

Milan were ordinary last season & even worse this season.
It's only our bizarre approach to the European Cup that stops us from winning the £#%&!er.
We play with one hand behind our backs.
Very frustrating.
Closed Thread