United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-10-2007, 10:43 PM
Kim Jong-il

Default I think we'll have all three points from Arsenal next weekend

I watched them and us this weekend I think we a far better. I have never felt more confident of us winning the league than this season and if Saha sorts his napper out and/or we get another striker in January (loan deal or whatever) I think we have a chance of the EC too.

So there

Unread 28-10-2007, 10:47 PM
Lok

IF we can keep Rooney, Rio, Ronaldo & Hargreaves fit; I honestly believe we should be favourites for every trophy. We seem to have sorted our away form in Europe and I don't see why we can't challenge on all fronts. This is easily the best squad we've ever had.

Unread 28-10-2007, 10:47 PM
tatty

I hope Fergie and Wenger send both sides out to play the football they have been this season.

I know many on here loathe Arsenal but if you take away the one-eyed fans glasses you have to give them credit for playing football the right way.

Unread 28-10-2007, 11:05 PM
kinky afro

If we both go out and play football properly and go for it then it will be a £#%&!ing brilliant game, easy on the eye etc.
May have a wager on this, gooners should be firm favourites too.

Unread 28-10-2007, 11:08 PM
Kim Jong-il

Teves Rooney Ronaldo and Nani will destroy Arsenal next weekend, its all they know.

Unread 28-10-2007, 11:44 PM
poppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Jong-il
Teves Rooney Ronaldo and Nani will destroy Arsenal next weekend, its all they know.
Yes but for that to happen they have to be on the pitch. Don't discount Fergie dropping Nani for Giggs' 'experience' (ability to pass to the opposing team on a regular basis).

If Fergie doesn't get the team right we'll be lucky to come away with a draw. If he does, we can maybe get our first ever win on their ground, but it will be close.

Unread 28-10-2007, 11:46 PM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

I also watched both games and cant see Arsenal winning, they play good football but i think hargreaves will break them up and with our defense for the most part being in-form and very strong i think they will struggle to play through us and create genuine chances. Having said that we are an attacking side that likes to push forward and when you do that you can be caught out with quick passes to quick players which is what arsenal have.

Will be interesting to see what tactics ferguson deploys for this game, in the past he has sometimes been a bit cautious against arsenal, this time though with hargreaves beavering around i think we can attack and i hope thats the way we play it.

Unread 28-10-2007, 11:49 PM
Rhodzy

I bet we play with 3 in midfield, nft.

Unread 28-10-2007, 11:59 PM
Grimson

Almunia's due a clanger.

Unread 29-10-2007, 12:01 AM
The Real Roxanne

I predict more than one* Arsenal player will roll around on the floor clutching his ankle/face/stomach/blanket only to leap up unharmed seconds later. It's The Arsenal Way.

*Probably ten.

Unread 29-10-2007, 12:02 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
I bet we play with 3 in midfield, nft.
Doubt it very much, more likely it will look like this;

---------------Van Der Sar-------------
Brown----Ferdinand----Vidic----Evra----
--------------Hargreaves---------------
Ronaldo--------Scholes--------Nani-----
--------Rooney--------Tevez-----------

Unread 29-10-2007, 12:04 AM
The Real Roxanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Almunia's due a clanger.

I didn't realise he was pregnant.

Unread 29-10-2007, 12:35 AM
Serenity Now

I'd like to see us go and attack Arsenal, but if we play as openly as we have over the past four or five matches we might well end up getting torn apart defensively.

I suspect we'll bring an extra man into the midfield to try and deny them space to play, as Rhodzy suggests. That's something that has worked very effectively against Arsenal over the past few years.

The only way I could see us going with a two is if Carrick and Hargreaves play in the middle with Giggs playing slightly withdrawn on the left and tucking in to make a three when we lose the ball. Then you'll probably see either Rooney or Tevez dropping into the left-wing position.

We've been playing a variant of that this season, although with a more attacking focus - with Tevez and Rooney dropping into split striker positions instead - and we did something similar against Chelsea at home last season.

As long as we can avoid leaving our primary striker isolated, or having all our forwards drop too deep, I think it could work quite effectively.

Or I could be totally wrong, and we'll end up going 4-2-4 and all guns blazing once again

Unread 29-10-2007, 01:01 AM
fergieslovechild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Macari_Chippy
Doubt it very much, more likely it will look like this;

---------------Van Der Sar-------------
Brown----Ferdinand----Vidic----Evra----
--------------Hargreaves---------------
Ronaldo--------Scholes--------Nani-----
--------Rooney--------Tevez-----------
Scholes?

Injured!

Unread 29-10-2007, 03:45 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergieslovechild
Scholes?

Injured!
Sorry - thats right. Is Carrick also injured? anyway i think that will be the basic shape, with either Carrick, Anderson or Giggs taking Scholes place.

Unread 29-10-2007, 05:10 AM
khmk

don't get me wrong the arse have a good team but i think on our current form and the movement and interplay between our front 4/5 and our defensive unit i think we'll put them @#%&!s in their place, but what im most worried about is the use of by Kim Jong-il lately.

its freaking me out!

Unread 29-10-2007, 06:08 AM
sharath

I just hope evra is fit. O shite shouldn't get near emirates. if he does play, I can see hleb, rosicky, fabregase, adebayor, eboue or whoever plays on right, £#%&!ing ripping us apart.

Unread 29-10-2007, 06:24 AM
khmk

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharath
I just hope evra is fit. O shite shouldn't get near emirates. if he does play, I can see hleb, rosicky, fabregase, adebayor, eboue or whoever plays on right, £#%&!ing ripping us apart.
i hope you get a very bad foot fungus.

to the point, if you basted in athletes foot powder it would only bring out acne on your already spotty complexion.

no offense.

not for your views on the fore mentioned fixture but for your general personality.

Unread 29-10-2007, 06:43 AM
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Almunia's due a clanger.

Unread 29-10-2007, 07:10 AM
sharath

Quote:
Originally Posted by khmk
i hope you get a very bad foot fungus.

to the point, if you basted in athletes foot powder it would only bring out acne on your already spotty complexion.

no offense.

not for your views on the fore mentioned fixture but for your general personality.
how long have you known me?
Closed Thread