United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-08-2009, 08:49 AM
Mr_Ed

Football BBC Sports 'Expert' Phil McNulty

Reckons we'll finish 3rd next season with the Vermin and Chelsea finishing above us (in that order)...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/philmcnul...er_united.html

Unread 11-08-2009, 08:52 AM
wiganste

No point in any of us bothering going this season now he's spoilt it.

Unread 11-08-2009, 08:53 AM
Terry Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Reckons we'll finish 3rd next season with the Vermin and Chelsea finishing above us (in that order)...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/philmcnul...er_united.html
The last 3 seasons The Guardian picked Chelsea as Champions. This year they've gone for Liverpool.

The Times have gone for Liverpool too this season.

We live in an ABU nation. Nothing new there.

Unread 11-08-2009, 08:54 AM
denis lawless

Thumbs down

Unread 11-08-2009, 08:55 AM
red red robbo

The Guardian has Liverpool winning it this year as well

I just don't get it. They missed out last year by 4 points despite winning 6 points off us (and that won't happen again) and have since lost two or three of their best players and don't seem to be splashing the cash on new ones. Even the dipper in work (yeah I know ) thinks they will be scrapping it out with Arsenal & City for 3rd or 4th.

Unread 11-08-2009, 08:57 AM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Silver
The last 3 seasons The Guardian picked Chelsea as Champions. This year they've gone for Liverpool.

The Times have gone for Liverpool too this season.

We live in an ABU nation. Nothing new there.
makes it all the funnier when we win it

Unread 11-08-2009, 08:57 AM
Terry Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo
The last 3 years they've gone for Chelsea each time. Too much for it to be a coincidence.

I remember the year after we won the Treble, the Guardian predicted that Chelsea would win the 99/00 League Title...

Fergie has made a point of referring to that example over the years when he is contending that journalists know £#%&! all.

Unread 11-08-2009, 08:58 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo

I just don't get it. They missed out last year by 4 points despite winning 6 points off us (and that won't happen again) and have since lost two or three of their best players and don't seem to be splashing the cash on new ones. Even the dipper in work (yeah I know ) thinks they will be scrapping it out with Arsenal & City for 3rd or 4th.
And 6 off Chelsea.

It won't happen this season.

Unread 11-08-2009, 09:00 AM
Rossi the Red

Especially if they sign Michael Turner or Lee Cattermole!

IRWT.

Unread 11-08-2009, 09:00 AM
Withers

My gut feeling is Chelsea will win it.

To be honest I think it's a weak league this year. You could argue United, Liverpool and Arsenal are weaker this year.

There is also so much dross at the bottom you could easily make a case for about 8 teams getting relegated.

I can see it being a season where not too many points are dropped against teams outside the top and Chelsea are master of grinding out victories.

I can see it being a pretty average season all round.

Unread 11-08-2009, 09:03 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers
My gut feeling is Chelsea will win it.
If we don't win it, I'll take that every time.

A totally insignificant club although the utter @#%&! factor is up there with the Arsenal teams of the past. Must be summat in the water down there eh?

Unread 11-08-2009, 09:04 AM
SilverSurfer

BBC goes for Liverpool..

Hypersensitive institution at is best in the 70s and 80s goes for likeminded soul to share crushing disappointment.

So everyone wants to write us off. So what? Been in this position loads of times and critics end up looking foolish. We'll crack on.

Unread 11-08-2009, 09:10 AM
Stickman

we're bookies favourites ffs.

so technically, they are ALL being controversial

Unread 11-08-2009, 09:10 AM
MUFC One Love

I don't agree with this "they got X amount of points off us and X amount of points off Chelsea last season and they won't do it this season", they may not, but I don't think it works like that, they may beat the shit teams they drew against. I think they will finish 3rd at best because they're not good enough, last season was their biggest chance in years and they blew it. They only have Torres up front and not much decent cover for him, they have lost Alonso, Mascherano wants out, Aquilani is injured and will have to settle when he is fit and doesn't have a great injury record.

Chelsea will be strong but if United stay injury free in midfield I think we will win it. I think we need to sign a midfielder but it doesn't look like we will and if we don't win it the midfield will be our downfall. I reckon a few of the youngsters will really make a big impression this season though, Gibson has been very impressive pre-season and I think he may earn his spot in the team in a lot of games.

I think where Rooney is played is vital to. He has to play central, he will be immense if he is played central all the time.

Unread 11-08-2009, 09:11 AM
CockOfTheNorth

McNumpty in scouse bias shocker

Unread 11-08-2009, 09:12 AM
antonin jablonsky

Honestly, who really gives a shit?

Unread 11-08-2009, 09:15 AM
Rossi the Red

People forget that while Ronaldo was off form start of the season, we kept a record amount of clean sheets in a back four that kept getting changed due to injuries and suspensions.

I actually think we'll win the league again this season.

Unread 11-08-2009, 09:16 AM
borsuk

i'm crushed

Unread 11-08-2009, 09:38 AM
Billy Baroo

us and chelsea will there at the death

scouse might be, a fit torres all year and he could bridge a gap for them with an exceptional individual season

arsenal and city will have some good performances, beat some decent teams but not string a challenge together and will duke it out with the villa and spurs for 4th

Unread 11-08-2009, 09:43 AM
marlo

i honestly do think we will finish 3rd or maybe a distant 2nd.

we will seriously struggle this season not only when we come across robust midfielders but also the fact are strikers are good or clinical enough.

bttt if you want.
Closed Thread