United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-08-2009, 10:27 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Trouble with Brandy is he's just too small inteet? As for cleverley, hope we only loan him out short term, would love to see him get a few appearances for the first team under his belt this season and as has been said, he can get goals from midfield. Don't think he'd struggle physically either.
I like Brandy, strong and tenacious, never gives the defenders a second's peace. The fact he has been completely absent from pre-season implies that United have given up on him, which is a shame.

As for Cleverley, I was sat next to his agent and surrounded by about 6 others (£#%&!ing parasites), and he seemed to think there is a chance he may stay at United in and around the 1st team squad. I think he's going to be a cracking player.

Unread 12-08-2009, 10:32 AM
berba

brandy's problem is he is too muc of a hit and miss. And he has nothing which can be pointed out as exceptional.

There were 2 loans last season. I forgot the first one where he was abysmal ( I think swansea ) where as he impressed at hereford. I actually think he can make a career out of championship football if he moves away from united early a bit like eblake.

you can say he is a poor man's defoe which is not saying much about him.

Unread 12-08-2009, 10:33 AM
berba

Another thing I noted in previous reserves match is that simpson is still with us had completely forgotten about him. looks like he doesn't have any buyers.

shame that since he was good on loan to sunderland.

Unread 12-08-2009, 11:46 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gog Coch
Gerrard out but his nibs aint in. Where was Welbeck last night?
Who are you talking about

If it's Scholes, that is his own decision. Were he to declare himself available they would pick him like a shot.

Unread 12-08-2009, 11:50 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Who are you talking about

If it's Scholes, that is his own decision. Were he to declare himself available they would pick him like a shot.
£#%&! knows, might be carrick, me dads latest hate figure.

Unread 12-08-2009, 11:54 AM
dunk

Quote:
£#%&! knows, might be carrick, me dads latest hate figure.
Ah. He never plays for England though, even when he is shining like a beacon in our midfield the numpties from HQ pick Gareth £#%&!ing Barry, so it's a touch unfair to judge him on that.

Unread 12-08-2009, 12:35 PM
marlo

Quote:
Ah. He never plays for England though, even when he is shining like a beacon in our midfield the numpties from HQ pick Gareth £#%&!ing Barry, so it's a touch unfair to judge him on that.
carrick isnt good enough in a two man midfield. he is a good player non the less.

barry and lampard is more balanced.

Unread 12-08-2009, 12:36 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
carrick isnt good enough in a two man midfield. he is a good player non the less.

barry and lampard is more balanced.
That isn't true.

Unread 12-08-2009, 12:38 PM
marlo

Quote:
That isn't true.
its very true.

you cant say capello is influenced by the sun or the english press. he is picking the team on merit.

for example he would have seen carrick in the ecl final etc.

carrick and lampard would get over run. dont get me wrong i love carrick but he failure to stamp his authority on a game is his weakness.

Unread 12-08-2009, 12:40 PM
wiganste

Quote:
That isn't true.
Of course it's true. Not one United player is good enough for anything according to the football guru marlo.

Unread 12-08-2009, 12:40 PM
antonin jablonsky

I think he's better in a 2 than a 3 personally, he can get a bit lost in a 3 man midfield and seem like a bit of a spare part.

Unread 12-08-2009, 12:43 PM
Whalefish

I think you have to play Lampard. Consistantly the best CM in England over the last few years IMO. Don't think he and Carrick would be a good fit. Just a gut feeling more than anything else.

A more defensive minded player alongside F£#%&! is necessary but I dunno about Barry. Comes up short against top sides IMO. How old is he? 29? Last season at OT he had a decent game, first time I've seen him be better than poor against us.

dunk

Quote:
I think he's better in a 2 than a 3 personally, he can get a bit lost in a 3 man midfield and seem like a bit of a spare part.
His best performances in a pair came alongside Scholes in 06-07, the pair of them were perfect for each other. If Scholes was 28-29 now we would have no midfield issues whatsoever.

antonin jablonsky

By the way, I've no idea what Barry does that makes him able to stop a midfield being swamped that Carrick doesn't? I think the issue is that United sometimes play 2 against 3 in the middle and you will always struggle to some extent in that situation.

Unread 12-08-2009, 12:44 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
His best performances in a pair came alongside Scholes in 06-07, the pair of them were perfect for each other. If Scholes was 28-29 now we would have no midfield issues whatsoever.
I think there's a good chance he can form a good partnership with Fletcher, just have to get used to it.

Unread 12-08-2009, 12:45 PM
borsuk

i think marlo has a point. not about carrick not being good enough, but about carrick and lampard not suiting each other. carrick's best games for united are next to fletcher imo and i think both carrick and lampard benefit from having somebody to put in the miles alongside them. carrick and lampard are very different players, of course, but both need a worker alongside to bring the best out of them. it's an either/or with them for me.

same reason why gerrard + lampard isn't as good as it should be.

Unread 12-08-2009, 12:48 PM
borsuk

Quote:
true. that simplified carrick's role a lot. but there are very few players with scholes' intelligence and positioning. even now, with his legs going, scholes is still in the right place pretty much the whole time.

Unread 12-08-2009, 12:49 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
true. that simplified carrick's role a lot. but there are very few players with scholes' intelligence and positioning. even now, with his legs going, scholes is still in the right place pretty much the whole time.
Do you consider Barry a "worker"? Not really seeing it myself. He's a sort of poor man's Carrick to me.

Unread 12-08-2009, 12:51 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
I think you have to play Lampard. Consistantly the best CM in England over the last few years IMO. Don't think he and Carrick would be a good fit. Just a gut feeling more than anything else.

A more defensive minded player alongside F£#%&! is necessary but I dunno about Barry. Comes up short against top sides IMO. How old is he? 29? Last season at OT he had a decent game, first time I've seen him be better than poor against us.
That man would be Hargreaves....

In fact, I think the midfield is still a big problem area for that side. I'd be tempted to change it for the World Cup and stick Gerrard on the right.

Gerrard.....Hargreaves.....Lampard....Cole

Don't rate Walcott at all. I don't think he is good enough to be starting in the world cup. Obviously, Hargreaves probably won't be fit either.

Unread 12-08-2009, 12:51 PM
dunk

Quote:
Do you consider Barry a "worker"? Not really seeing it myself. He's a sort of poor man's Carrick to me.
He's a £#%&!ing Left back for me
Closed Thread